LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
NBarden
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:58 pm
--- description ---
Between these tags, give a short description of your deck. Go a step beyond basic decktype info, and tell us what makes your design unique!
--- end description ---

Frodo, Weary form the Journey
The One Ring, The Great Ring

Merry, In the Bloom of Health
Quickbeam, Hastiest of All Ents

Momentous Gathering x 4

Strange Meeting x 4
G for Grand x 4
Brooding on Tomorrow

Pallando, Far-Travelling One x 2
Meneldor, Misty Mountain Eagle x 2
Alatar, Final Envoy
Gwaihir, The Windlord

Radagast, the Brown x 2
Treebeard, Enraged Shepherd
Shepherd of the Trees x 4
Leaflock, Finglas

Measure of Comfort x 4

Sauron, The Lord of the Rings x 4
Troll of Gorgoroth, Abomination of Sauron x 2
Gothmog, Lieutenant of Morgul x 2
Siege Troop x 2
Gorgoroth Attacker x 3
Gorgoroth Engineer x 2
Gorgoroth Agitator x 2
Mordor Defender x 4
Mordor Regular x 3

Their Marching Companies x 4
Troop Tower x 2
Grond, Hammer of the Underworld x 2
Encirclement

The point of the ents is to set up fast with Momentous Gathering, grab some ents, nab a follower and suddenly you have a potential 20+ strength Treebeard EASILY, not to mention Str 18 Shepherds. Run with Radagast. This deck theoretically cycles pretty well, via Momentous Gathering being the equivalent of 3 cards vs 1.

On the minion side, add tons of threats with your minions, add tons of burdens with Gorgoroth Attacker, take control of sites with Troop Tower and Siege Troop, stack like crazy, Sauron is dirt cheap. Play him as much as possible with Their Marching Companies.

Gothmog is a pain, Troll of Gorgoroth is free, and he stacks himself, Gorgoroth Attacker and Gothmog to be played with Their Marching Companies over and over, along with a dirt cheap Sauron. This deck can grind to death with Gothmog and threats, beatdown with Siege Troop, Sauron, and Troll of Gorgoroth, and corrupt with Gorgoroth Attacker (3 sites + 2 attackers + Troll of Gorgoroth? Corrupted in two sites.)
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:11 pm
I would drop a Shepherd of the Trees and add Radagast’s Herb Bag. Otherwise, it looks good. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:15 pm
I don’t run any spells. But maybe I’ll run his staff.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:59 pm
The staff would be better than herb bag. Strength, vitality, and card draws, what’s not to love?

Looks solid to me. Classic ent and besieger strategies. Sauron is a cool idea for this deck, and I’ve always loved using threats to swarm with besiegers.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:02 am
Id drop a sauron cos that guy could really clog your hand, and add a second encirclement. I played a similar deck to this and its crazy to not get that out. Its like the most powerful card you have.

Just my 2 cents.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:55 am
Um...not dropping Sauron, anything else I could drop?
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:01 am
As soon as sauron kills some1 the threats kick in and his cost goes sky high. I think 4x is too much with all those other besiegers. But if you had to drop something drop a minion that you can stack easily or a marching companies as the chances are youll have one out before you get chance to play sauron, with just 3 copies of it, anyway.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:42 am
Another encirclement would be awesome! 4 Saurons is a bit unnecessary, especially if you’re going to play him from sites, but if you’re dead against dropping him, get rid of a Mordor Defender or Regular as they’re pretty aweful compared to compared to the Agitator.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
everything I would say has already been said. cut at least 1 sauron though.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:38 pm
The defenders and regulars add threats after Sauron kill something so he can get stacked.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard