LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:15 am
IMO the Defenders and Regulars will have limited use for stacking Sauron, unless your opponent messes up the skirmish order. Of course the threats do have to go somewhere then, so if you’re doing enough wounds when combined with Gothmog to cripple the fellowship, then there’s not much I’d change.

Scaling back some of the threat package for the Troop and Sapper could be worth a shot. The Troop stacks everything in sight, no questions asked, and in case the fellowship is holding at 4 companions you can still get stuff down using the Sapper. Grab an Engineer to get things going, then use Their Marching Companies for the rest. Otherwise run at least another Agitator.

I’d also run a third Troop Tower as well as some combination of Gorgoroth Berserker and Gorgoroth Swarm. Each site you control nabs the same twilight reduction as each threat, but it should be more permanent. Plus Encirclement rocks at -2... don’t remember if I ever got it to -3, but -2 was enough. And hey, where’s the Ithil Stone? Wink

Cuts can be taken from Defenders, Regulars, the extra Grond, and a couple of Marching Companies. The total should be about the same. If I can convince you to drop the Gothmogs and a Sauron (do you really need him at site 3?), a Tower Walkway and a couple of Pillagers ought to round it off nicely.

Another build you could try is one with Assassin x4, the TRUE messenger of Sauron. Something like "You’re facing me because Frodo is getting whacked." Twisted Evil
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:17 am
Yay people agree with me. I still think cut a sauron and then Thran backed me up with evidence. Encirclement for Sauron. You know it makes sense.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:38 am
Yeah...but the problem is not grabbing Sauron fast enough. I may drop one...but I’d rather not unless I can cut something else.

Anyone know where I can get threats in the regroup? If so, I can cut a bunch of stuff and run with some of the aforementioned strategies.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:45 am
Nothing springs to mind except playing the agitator using peril.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:04 am
Meh. I’m going to wait to make changes until I test the deck.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard