LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:45 pm
Thranduil wrote:

3 Furious Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Str: 8
Vit: 3
Sit: 5
Skirmish: Discard 2 cards from hand to add 2.
... he leaped in the air ten feet, and then rushed round and round the circle biting and snapping...
H2 C 107

Interesting. Works with some of the Orc card drawing.

Quote:
4 Frenzied Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Str: 10
When this minion is assigned to skirmish a character with X wounds, you may spot an Orc Orc to add [X].
Maddened and angry they were... cursing the dwarves in their horrible language...
H2 C 106

Fun.

Quote:
3 Devouring Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Str: 7
Skirmish: Spot 3 Orc minions and remove 5 to wound a companion this minion is skirmishing.
... the Wargs had no intention of going away...
H2 R 102

Interesting... takes a lot of twilight to make worth it, though. I might drop the cost on the ability to 4. Red Wrath got you 2 wounds for 5, though it was only one use, and whirling strike and many other southrons (with a common ambush theme like your wargs, mind you) got one wound for 3, but again, only at a one-time use. I think that on this guy, a 4 cost would be balanced enough for the ability.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:50 am
Thranduil wrote:

3 Furious Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Str: 8
Skirmish: Discard 2 cards from hand to add 2.
... he leaped in the air ten feet, and then rushed round and round the circle biting and snapping...
H2 C 107

You are already peeing through ur cards to play these guys and their wargs, lower this to 1 card, or maybe 1 shadow card etc..

4 Frenzied Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Str: 10
When this minion is assigned to skirmish a character with X wounds, you may spot an Orc Orc to add [X].
Maddened and angry they were... cursing the dwarves in their horrible language...
H2 C 106

Each time not when. Sound.

3 Devouring Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Skirmish: Spot 3 Orc minions and remove 5 to wound a companion this minion is skirmishing.
... the Wargs had no intention of going away...
H2 R 102

Fair enough.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:54 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:
the lore is from the books(Ie appendixes, thus should be put in quote

I never use quotation marks on my quotes because I never use a lore that isn’t from the books. If I can’t find a good lore, I simply don’t put one on the card.

Understood, but SoP’s point is that the Decipher style (at least back when they had competent designers) was to put any lore from Tolkien’s works in quotes. If it was lore that was spoken by a character, it would be in triple quotes, "’like this’". If it was NOT spoken by a character, it would be in double quotes, "like this". It’s not strictly necessary to do it that way, of course, but it looks a lot cleaner and more "official", I guess.

The Wargs look okay, though I think it darn-near critical that they be fierce, or be able to become fierce somehow. Both the Isengard AND Orc warg-riders were focused around being fierce...it just seems wrong for a race called "Warg" to have nothing to do with fierceness.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:12 am
I’m pretty sure there were quite a few fierce Wargs from the last set, but I see your point.

Here’s one example of a fierce-making card (apart from Bolg who made all Wargs and mounted Orc Orcs fierce:

5 Wicked Beast Orc
Condition
Str: +5
Vit: +2
Bearer must be an Orc Warg.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Bearer is fierce.
You may remove 2 to play this condition any time you could play a skirmish event.
Without warning a storm of howls broke out fierce and wild all about the camp.
H2 R 137

As for another:

3 Insatiable Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Skirmish: Spot 5 twilight tokens and exert this minion twice to make a Orc Warg or mounted Orc Orc fierce or damage +1 until the regroup phase.
... with their tongues hanging out and their eyes shining as red and fierce as the flames.
H2 U 125

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:18 am
Thranduil wrote:

5 Wicked Beast Orc
Condition
Str: +4
Vit: +3
Limit 1 per bearer.
Bearer is fierce.
You may exert a Warg to play this condition in the skirmish phase.
H2 R 137

Eh? Bit crazy but ok seeing as can be played during the skirmish.

3 Insatiable Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Skirmish: Spot 5 twilight tokens and exert this minion twice to make a Orc Warg or mounted Orc Orc fierce or damage +1 until the regroup phase.
... with their tongues hanging out and their eyes shining as red and fierce as the flames.
H2 U 125

Cool.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:26 am
Thranduil wrote:
5 Wicked Beast Orc
Condition
Limit 1 per bearer.
Bearer is fierce.
H2 R 137

Wargs riding Wargs? Okay...odd, but I guess it works. Maybe take the vitality down to 2, though, seeing as how many of your Wargs already have 3 to start. I also think the skirmish phase part should be worded "You may exert a Warg to play this condition any time you could play a skirmish event." I’m a little worried that could be overpowered, as boosting a minion the FP player has already assigned with another 4 strength AND some vitality AND fierceness is a bit much, even for that much twilight. I’d strongly consider changing it to assignment instead.

Thranduil wrote:
3 Insatiable Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
H2 U 125

Yeah, that works. Might be able to go as low as 4 twilight tokens, though, or MAYBE even as low as 3 and remove 1 as an added cost of the ability.

I see your point about making Wargs fierce, but I still think at least one of the three you posted last time should have some method for becoming fierce. Probably two would be even better. Just my personal preference more than anything, but it just seems lacking without it, you know?

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:30 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Wargs riding Wargs? Okay...odd,

I wrote that exact line out myself then looked at it and realised it was a condition not a mount, the name is just confusing. So not technically true!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:44 am
Thranduil wrote:
5 Wicked Beast Orc
Condition
Limit 1 per bearer.
Bearer is fierce.
H2 R 137

It seems underpowered. I’d drop the vitality bonus to 2, add a hunter 1 bonus, and add "At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each companion skirmishing bearer must exert." Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
3 Insatiable Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
H2 U 125

I would make it spot 3 twilight tokens. Smile
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:02 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Wargs riding Wargs? Okay...odd,

I wrote that exact line out myself then looked at it and realised it was a condition not a mount, the name is just confusing. So not technically true!

Yeah, took me a second as well. But even once I realized it, I decided to leave what I’d written, since it’s still what I was envisioning. Razz

Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:46 pm
Reduced vitality on Wicked Beast then increased the strength. How is it now? I think it could be quite powerful, because you can play it after ambush bonuses and other later twilight adding that the Orc culture likes to do.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards