LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:52 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Reduced vitality on Wicked Beast then increased the strength. How is it now? I think it could be quite powerful, because you can play it after ambush bonuses and other later twilight adding that the Orc culture likes to do.

I think I’d still make it assignment instead of skirmish. Dropping a bomb like that after assignments have already been made is a bit much, methinks.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:55 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Thranduil wrote:
Reduced vitality on Wicked Beast then increased the strength. How is it now? I think it could be quite powerful, because you can play it after ambush bonuses and other later twilight adding that the Orc culture likes to do.

I think I’d still make it assignment instead of skirmish. Dropping a bomb like that after assignments have already been made is a bit much, methinks.

I’m wary to do that because most of the twilight adding is in the skirmish phase, and ambush twilight happens in the assignment phase.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:08 pm
Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Thranduil wrote:

I’m wary to do that because most of the twilight adding is in the skirmish phase, and ambush twilight happens in the assignment phase.

Yeah, I can understand that. Hmmm. Think Perhaps give the skirmish-phase-playing another cost, like removing a little extra twilight (probably what I’d recommend) or exerting a Warg twice. Do all your Wargs have at least 3 vitality?

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:10 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Yeah, I can understand that. Hmmm. Think Perhaps give the skirmish-phase-playing another cost, like removing a little extra twilight (probably what I’d recommend) or exerting a Warg twice. Do all your Wargs have at least 3 vitality?

Most of them yes - in contrast to the Orcs that only have 2 at maximum.

That is certainly interesting, and I will think on it. In the mean time, have a GP for such an in-depth review, and for having a dirty mind about Wargs riding other Wargs... Laughing

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:14 pm
Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Most of them yes - in contrast to the Orcs that only have 2 at maximum.

Yeah, then you could optionally exert a Warg twice as the cost. I think the extra twilight (even if it’s just 1 or 2) might be enough, though, and I’d probably still recommend that.

Thranduil wrote:
That is certainly interesting, and I will think on it. In the mean time, have a GP for such an in-depth review, and for having a dirty mind about Wargs riding other Wargs... Laughing

I guess I just watch too much Discovery Channel. Razz

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:31 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

5 Wicked Beast Orc
Condition
Str: +5
Vit: +2
Bearer must be an Orc Warg.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Bearer is fierce.
You may exert a Warg to play this condition any time you could play a skirmish event.
Without warning a storm of howls broke out fierce and wild all about the camp.
H2 R 137
WAy too much cost. cut cost by 1-2. wargs were always overcosted anyway Wink

As for another:

3 Insatiable Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Str: 7
Vit: 3
Sit: 5
Skirmish: Spot 5 twilight tokens and exert this minion twice to make a Orc Warg or mounted Orc Orc fierce or damage +1 until the regroup phase.
... with their tongues hanging out and their eyes shining as red and fierce as the flames.
H2 U 125
I think I sense the combo now...but I don’t know if it is that good of an idea.

Thranduil
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:37 pm
I think these are now the last three Wargs.

2 Snapping Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Str: 6
Vit: 2
At the start if each skirmish involving this minion, you may exert it and remove 2 to play an Orc condition from your discard pile.
... the commotion they made filled the forest.
H2 U 133

4 • Snarling Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Str: 9
While you can spot 5 twilight tokens, each non-exhausted Orc Warg (and mounted Orc Orc ) gains terror 1,
... there were howls all around them now, getting nearer and nearer.
H2 R 134

4 Ravenous Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Skirmish: Remove 2 to make an Orc Warg or mounted Orc Orc vitality +1.
Skirmish: Remove 2 to make an Orc Warg (or mounted Orc Orc) with 3 or more vitality strength +1.
Skirmish: Remove 2 to make an Orc Warg (or mounted Orc Orc) with 4 or more vitality damage +1.
H2 R 131

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:50 pm
Thranduil wrote:
2 Snapping Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Skirmish: Remove 2 and exert this minion to play an Orc condition from your discard pile.
H2 U 133

Kind of like a balanced Orkish Smith. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
4 • Snarling Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
While you can spot 5 twilight tokens, each Orc Orc and Orc Warg gains terror 1.
H2 R 134

Cool. Smile

Thranduil wrote:
4 Ravenous Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Skirmish: Remove 2 to make an Orc Warg (or mounted Orc Orc) with 3 or more vitality strength +1.
Skirmish: Remove 2 to make an Orc Warg (or mounted Orc Orc) with 5 or more vitality damage +1.
H2 R 131

I would make the first ability prevent a wound instead. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:09 pm
Thranduil wrote:
2 Snapping Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Skirmish: Remove 2 and exert this minion to play an Orc condition from your discard pile.
H2 U 133

I think this could get more broken than Orkish Smith, especially with a Wicked Beast on it. Make it so you can only do it when the Warg wins a skirmish, and probably only once for each win. Gives more incentive to try and make it fierce then, too. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
4 • Snarling Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
H2 R 134

Okie-doke.

Thranduil wrote:
4 Ravenous Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Skirmish: Remove 2 to make an Orc Warg (or mounted Orc Orc) with 5 or more vitality damage +1.
H2 R 131

Now Snapping Warg is REALLY broken. But aside from crazy combos like that, I think this is okay. You MAY want to limit that first ability to only Wargs, as I fear people would find a way to break it otherwise with certain Orcs.

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
I think these are now the last three Wargs.

2 Snapping Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
At the start if each skirmish involving this minion, you may exert it and remove 2 to play an Orc condition from your discard pile.
H2 U 133
cool!

4 • Snarling Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
H2 R 134
works

4 Ravenous Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
H2 R 131

hum...I would change the last skirmish ability to with 4 or more vitality.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards