LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:45 pm
Like I started to talk about in the member’s lounge, I made myself a pretty little card game called Deadrock TCG during my short time at basic training. It’s got absolutely nothing to do with LotR, but since it’s all one big dream card set, I was hoping y’all wouldn’t mind putting up with my shenanigans.

So if you’re all game, I’ll start hammering stuff here instead of clogging up the lounge (and, if I post here, you all can improve your post counts by reviewing!).
Last edited by menace64 on Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:47 pm; edited 2 times in totalRiddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:49 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
works for me. though I have to leave now...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
macheteman
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:07 pm
yeah, i’ll try to review the best i can, but i never played SWTCG, so, i don’t know how helpful i’ll be.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:32 pm
I think it would be best to post in the member’s lounge, but if you’d like to post here, that’s fine as well. I may review depending on time.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:06 am
Ill review it anywhere mate, though it makes the most sense to put it in the Dream Card section even if its isnt LOTR. A mod can always move it if it matters that much.

Let the spoilers begin!!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:50 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Let the spoilers begin!!

Hear Hear!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Hear Hear Hear said the little spamming spammer Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:38 pm
All right all right!

I suggest you read my prologue in the member’s lounge first. I still haven’t got the rules all filled out yet, but here are the basics:

You have 2 ways to win. First, to win 5 rounds. Each round is made up of each player taking a turn, with special phases separating each turn. Second, to deck the opponent (which might end up happening more often than winning by rounds).

I’ve taken a special twist on the old mana system from Magic. In Magic, you have your basic Land. Tap Land -> Get Mana. In Deadrock TCG, you play a Production card, and each production card has a unique way of generating your curbite. Also, there is no tapping.

Other card types include Personnel, Events and Epic Events, Techs, and Locations.

Before you start playing, you put your Key Location into play (there are 4 in the base set of 260 cards). You can have other Key Locations in your deck if you want. After that, you play 2 locations related to your key location.

Round Sequence:
I haven’t quite determined who goes first each round. Most likely that will fall to advantage (a number found on all personnel). For now, whichever player has more advantage in play begins each round.
The round begins with the first player’s turn, which is layed out as such:
Ready Phase
At the start of your ready phase, replenish your hand to 8 cards. This is just like LotR reconciling, except it’s at the start of the turn. Then you can perform any ready phase actions.
Production Phase
This is where you generate most of your curbite (which you use to put cards into play). There are lots of production phase actions (especially on production cards... go figure).
Main Phase
Guess what you do here. Yup. Play stuff.
Transit Phase
Here’s where you get to move things around. Once again, details aren’t quite fully realized, but it’ll be fairly simple.
Standoff Phase
Perform any standoff phase actions. This is the last phase of your turn, but it’s right when action starts for the round.

All right. So your turn is over. Next is when your opponent gets to "interact" with you and your dudes.
Ambush Phase
This is the cream-and-butter of my game. Any card in your hand with the ambush keyword can be played during your main phase or during any ambush phase. This provides a nice surprise for unwary opponents. And a lot of ambush abilities are absolutely killer.
Combat Phase
And then all hell breaks loose, and you start killing each other off like june bugs. During combat at a location, individual characters spar against each other in engagements (skirmishes), and you (like every other game) compare power to see who wins. Loser takes a wound (or straight dies). You win the combat if your characters have a higher total power at the end of the combat.

After that, the next player begins his or her turn, then the ambush and combat phases repeat. Then the round ends with the End Phase. Here you perform end phase actions. After everybody passes, you see who wins the round. If someone’s got 5 rounds won, the game ends.

All right. Here’s the four fixed cards in my set.

(Human Personnel) ∙Lucian Wright, Choir Leader (Curbite 3)
“Lucian” ∙ Leader ∙ Pilot ∙ Warrior
Advantage-4 Power-2 Speed-2 Vitality-2
Each allied pilot here is advantage +1 and speed +1.
End- Once per round, heal a pilot here.
1F30

(Human Personnel) ∙Vormun Telletry, The Lord’s Servant (Curbite 2)
“Vormun” ∙ Leader ∙ Politician
Advantage-5 Power-1 Speed-1 Vitality-2
Twice per round, if an allied personnel would be wounded, you may discard the top card of your deck. If the curbite cost of the discarded card is less than Vormun’s advantage, prevent the wound.
1F50

(Xenthu Personnel) ∙Selh’tur, Unquenchable Warmind (Curbite 5)
“Selh’tur” ∙ Leader ∙ Warrior
Advantage-4 Power-4 Speed-3 Vitality-3
Ambush.
Each time combat begins, you may use 1 curbite to look at the top 3 cards of your deck and take 1 of those cards into your hand.
1F80

(Xenthu Personnel) ∙Verid’aan, Selh’tur’s Second (Curbite 3)
“Verid’aan” ∙ Leader ∙ Warrior
Advantage-2 Power-3 Speed-3 Vitality-2
At the end of your standoff phase, if Selh’tur is at a contested location, you may use 3 curbite to move Verid’aan to that location.
1F91

I think I’ll post some productions next time.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
menace64
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:51 pm
And now some of those productions, followed by a card or two from different card types.

(Atmospheric Production) Automated Trawler
Play onto a Deadrock location.
Production- Once per round, relocate Automated Trawler to a related location to make your curbite generation +2.
1C156

(Spacial Production) Off-planet Storage Facility
Each time you discard a card from your hand to pay a card’s cost, add a curbite token here.
Production- Remove 3 curbite tokens here to make your curbite generation +2.
1U167

(Atmospheric Production) Untapped Spire
Production- Once per turn, discard a card from your hand to make your curbite generation +2.
1C172

(Human Personnel) ∙Corlu Sald, In the Know (Curbite 2)
“Corlu”
Advantage-0 Power-0 Speed-1 Vitality-1
Corlu may not participate in combat unless he is at Sald’s Shop and Diner, where he is advantage +3 and power +3.
Each time you replenish your hand, you may look at the top 4 cards of your deck and replace them in any order.
1R12

(Xenthu Personnel) ∙Lia’niti, The Warrior Sorceress (Curbite 5)
“Lia’niti” ∙ Leader ∙ Warrior
Advantage-3 Power-4 Speed-4 Vitality-2
Ambush.
When you ambush with Lia’niti, until the end phase, each time you would use any curbite, you may use 0 curbite instead.
1R70

(Xenthu Event) ∙Approaching Tide (Curbite 0)
Core. When you play Approaching Tide, use X curbite to add X distance tokens here.
At the start of each ambush phase, remove a distance token here. If there are no distance tokens here, play X starships or X personnel from your deck to any eligible locations; each card played this way is curbite cost -3. Destroy Approaching Tide.
1R107

(Human Event) ∙The Opening Prayer (Curbite )
Core.
At the start of your ready phase, you may reveal an event from your hand to add a rally token here.
Combat- Make your pilot operating a starfighter advantage +1, power +1, speed +1, or vitality +1 for each rally token here. Destroy The Opening Prayer.
1C128

(Human Tech) Trench-class Starcruiser (Curbite 4)
Large Starship ∙ Trench-class Starcruiser
Capactity-4 Power-2 Speed-3 Armor-5
Once per round, if another of your large starships here is engaged by the opponent, you may use 3 curbite to make the opponent engage Trench-class Starcruiser instead.
1C192

(Xenthu Tech) Eti’les Swiftpod (Curbite )
Swiftpod
Play onto your large starship.
Standoff- Relocate a warrior aboard this starship at a space location to a related location. Shuffle Eti’les Swiftpod into your deck.
1R196

(Key Location) ∙Crescent
Space Location
While the Human player controls Crescent, the Xenthu player may not play to or more to related locations.
1C2

(Support Location) ∙Arson Sea
Deadrock ∙ Ground
At the start of each players’ turn, each of that player’s non-piloting personnel here is wounded.
1U218
Riddle 9

Who am I?
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:57 am
Ok before i review i need clarity. What does advantage and speed do and mean?

Why do characters have phrases like each pilot here? Why would a pilot be on a personnel?

How do you win a round? Once all ur phases and the turn is up, what determines who won it?

Thanks

P.s. Might be worth changing the name of this topic to DeadRock so i dont lose track of it etc...
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards