LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:11 pm
So you want to see what I’ve been up to, eh? Twisted Evil

Well, I’ve been hard at work cooking up graphic cards that I can print off and start playtesting. I figure the best way to hammer out the kinks in the rules is to get my friends (who are actually really jazzed to play) to help me.

Here are what the cards look like!

Unfortunately, work on the TCG has been a bit slow. I dunno. When you find yourself actually writing the book, the card game just gets the back-burner. But these past few days have been just for the game, and I should have a lot more to show soon.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:56 am
Hey looking good menace. Nice progress.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
menace64
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:07 am
Okay, so I’ve got all 260 cards put up into graphical formats, and will begin printing them off either later today or Monday when I get back into town.

After that: playtesting! As I get the costs nailed down, I’ll update the cards online and then I can post the set here, for everyone’s enjoyment.

If you’re wanting to help playtest and have a group of friends who you think would be willing to participate, let me know and I’ll hotwire you the set.

Word.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:16 am
Me thinks you deserve the award most likely to develop own TCG set. What with you ACTUALLY doing it and all! Kudos menace.

BTW i still cant do ur sig riddle. Give us a new one. Spark it back into life!
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
menace64
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:32 am
lol all right. I update the old thread (and post #5’s answer).

I have won "Most likely to be a TCG Developer" 3 times. If my life was heading in that direction, I’d be all over it. Until such a future arrives, I’m more than happy tinkering with my own ideas!
Riddle 9

Who am I?
menace64
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:19 pm
All right. I got the set ready to be printed off... and it seems that it’ll cost around $100 to get a full play set printed at Kinkos. Kinda runs the spirits dry, don’t it?

I’ll think of something cheaper, hopefully.
Riddle 9

Who am I?
NBarden
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:46 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Me thinks you deserve the award most likely to develop own TCG set. What with you ACTUALLY doing it and all! Kudos menace.

BTW i still cant do ur sig riddle. Give us a new one. Spark it back into life!

Its teeth.

Methinks Letty is her own infinite loop. Advantage -1 to make her advantage +2. Repeat until you can prevent all wounds and draw your deck.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
menace64
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:06 pm
NBarden wrote:

Methinks Letty is her own infinite loop. Advantage -1 to make her advantage +2. Repeat until you can prevent all wounds and draw your deck.

Aha! But you are wrong, good sir!

An allied personnel is another personnel who is on the same side. So Letty can only target somebody else.

And on that note, I’ve been printing these things off here at home (at much detriment to my poor, poor printer). So playtesting starts next week; and after that I should get a full rulebook worked out.
Riddle 9

Who am I?
menace64
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:10 am
Hurray!

I finished cutting out all the cards tonight and threw together two demo decks: one Human and one Xenthu. They both only have commons, uncommons, and a few starters, but I played myself and what a nasty game it was!

Granted, every card is free until I get to see how the costing curve should be set up (so the game was super-accelerated to the point of lunacy), but it looks as if there aren’t any gaping wounds in my rules.

Here are those starter decks. Once the rules have been playtested enough during the coming week or two, I’ll polish the decks, type up a full rulebook, and then post a file online somewhere so you all can play!

Called to Arms (Human Starter Deck)
Key Location and starting Support Locations
Crescent
The Captain’s Quarters
Deadrock Slag

Personnel
Captain’s Repair Tech
Dodrey Rollinson, Top-notch Ace x2
Entrenched Militia x2
Hapkin Gwonn, Worthy of Respect
Jarov Misk, Air and Sky Master
Lucian Wright, Choir Leader
Lucian Wright, Gifted Pilot
N.F.C. Ace x3
N.F.C. Pilot x3
Patron of Upside x2
Stevon Jemper, Determined Wingman x2
Timathy Rother, General of the Interlude
Vormun Telletry, Chaplain of the Service

Events
The Singing of the Choir x3

Productions
Backup Systems
Basic Harvester Vehicle x3
Deep-deposit Explorer x2
Floating Harvester
Mining Grove x3
Off-planet Storage Facility x2

Techs
Crater-class Starcruiser x3
N.F.C. Fighter x4
NF-04 Starfighter x4
Trench-class Starcruiser x3

Locations
Gateway to Crescent
Gwonn’s Office
The Lord’s Chapel
Lowside Atmoport
The People’s Congress
Upside Plaza
Wright Mansion

Onslaught (Xenthu Starter Deck)
Key Location and starting Support Locations
Deadrock
Fallen Colony
Trench

Personnel
Anid’vign, Impatient Eti’les
Breaching Xenthu x3
Corrupting Xenthu x2
Eti’xet Seeker x2
Invading Xenthu x3
Lia’niti, Guide of the Xethus
Ruthless Xenthu
Savage Xenthu x2
Selh’tur, Masterful Combatant
Selh’tur, Unquenchable Warmind
Selh’tur’s Warguard x2
Selk’ilid, Kri’rets Pilot
Tah’ed, Surmounting Soldier
Xenthu Elitist x2

Productions
Deep-deposit Explorer
Floating Harvester
Off-planet Storage Facility x2
Orbital Collection Facility x3
Orbital Refinery x3

Techs
Armored Kri’seru x2
Kri’rets Fighter x4
Outfitted Kri’rets x2
Soldier’s Armor x2
The Warrior’s Connection
Xenthu Kri’seru x4

Locations
Captured Structure
Kri’seru Breacher x2
Kri’seru Bridge x2
Kri’seru War Room x2
Military Outpost
Warrior Chamber

---

In a nutshell, these two decks recreate the pinnacle battle in my first book. What should happen almost every time is the Humans build up a defense at Crescent while the Xenthu sweep through the rest of the system, eventually coming to a climax at Crescent. If the Xenthu win there, the elite warriors (the Eti’les) come raining down to the related locations, killing all the Humans (which, as a bit of a spoiler, is how things actually play out! ha!).

Of course, the Humans can manage to win in space, staving a full-blown invasion and then work to push back the Xenthu.
Riddle 9

Who am I?
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:37 am
Really pleased for you menace. Dont know what half the cards do but still looks good! Really impressed, hope you get the costing sorted.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards