LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:33 pm
macheteman wrote:
1 The Eagles are Coming! Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition add a Gandalf token here.
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may add a Gandalf token here.
Fellowship: Discard this condition to play an Eagle. That Eagle’s twilight cost is -1 for every 2 tokens on this condition.
Regroup: Discard this condition and spot 2 Eagles to remove 1 for every 2 tokens on this condition. You may draw a card.
"Then he lifted up his hands and cried in a loud voice ringing above the din: The Eagles are coming!"

I would raise the cost to 2, or drop it to 0 and make it unique. Thumbs Up

macheteman wrote:
1 Many Messengers Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Spot an Eagle to reveal the top 5 cards of an opponent’s draw deck.
Reinforce a Gandalf token for each Shadow card revealed.
"The Eagles report that Orcs are gathering again from afar; but there is a hope..."

I would raise the cost to 2. Smile

macheteman wrote:
7 We Shall Outfly! Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
For each Eagle you exert when playing this, it is twilight cost -2.
If you can spot Gwaihir and Landroval, and neither is exhausted, the move limit for this turn is +1.
"A North wind blows, but we shall outfly it"

I would drop the cost to 6. Neat cards! Smile
I had to put something here.
NappyKorn
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:37 pm
macheteman wrote:
I like doing 3 cards at a time, so that will be how this whole DC expansion will go. so here’s three more!

Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may add a Gandalf token here.
Fellowship: Discard this condition to play an Eagle. That Eagle’s twilight cost is -1 for every 2 tokens on this condition.
Regroup: Discard this condition and spot 2 Eagles to remove 1 for every 2 tokens on this condition. You may draw a card.
"Then he lifted up his hands and cried in a loud voice ringing above the din: The Eagles are coming!"

1 Many Messengers Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
"The Eagles report that Orcs are gathering again from afar; but there is a hope..."

Event • Fellowship
For each Eagle you exert when playing this, it is twilight cost -2.
If you can spot Gwaihir and Landroval, and neither is exhausted, the move limit for this turn is +1.

-mm

Love the cards, great work on them, I am with NB though just toil 2 that way you can keep the eagle healed up for a possile Move Limit +2 with

• Gwaihir, The Windlord
Companion • Eagle
Strength: 7
Vitality: 5
Resistance: 9
To play, spot Gandalf or an Eagle.
If Gwahir is in your starting fellowship, his twilight cost is -2.
While you can spot 3 Eagles, and none of them are exhausted, the move limit is +1.
While you can spot an exhausted Eagle, Gwaihir is defender +1.
Gwaihir was Lord of the Eagles.

Just a Thought though and maybe a +2 move limit is not unfair or what not.
Anyway great cards either way you choose to make "We Shall Outfly" cheaper.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
macheteman
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:02 pm
thanks guys, i made a few tweaks. but with The Eagles are Coming, i left it the same. most people thought it was fine, and if it cost too much to play, it defeats the purpose of the twilight reduction. and both of the abilities discard the condition, so i think it is balanced. if more people want it changed, i might change it.

-mm
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:53 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
macheteman wrote:
I like doing 3 cards at a time, so that will be how this whole DC expansion will go. so here’s three more!

Condition • Support Area
make it for every token for the fellowship ability. and the regroup one

2 Many Messengers Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
maybe a penalty for freeps cards revealed

Event • Fellowship
Toil 2.

sure, maybe cut cost to 5
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
macheteman
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:15 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
macheteman wrote:

Condition • Support Area
make it for every token for the fellowship ability. and the regroup one

2 Many Messengers Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
maybe a penalty for freeps cards revealed

Event • Fellowship
Toil 2.

sure, maybe cut cost to 5

well i thought about what you suggested SoP, but i think that for The Eagles are Coming, and We shall Outfly, would make them way too powerful. and for the other, no one would use it. but GP for your feedback!

-mm
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
ROLF!!!
macheteman
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:34 pm
1 Swift Tidings Gandalf
Event
Toil 1.
Fellowship, Maneuver or Regroup: Spot an Eagle and add a threat to reveal the top 5 cards of an opponent’s draw deck.
Remove 1 for each Free Peoples card revealed.

3Avian Vassal Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 8
To play exert an Eagle (or spot Gwaihir).
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may spot 3 Eagles (or 2 Eagles who are not exhausted) to take a Gandalf event into hand from your draw deck.
Behind them in long swift lines came all their vassals from the northern mountains, speeding on a gathering wind.

2 Hour of Doom Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Make an Eagle Strength +X until the regroup phase, where X is the number of Eagles you can spot (and defender +1 until the regroup phase, if you can spot Gandalf).
"’Stand men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom!’"
Last edited by macheteman on Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:24 pm; edited 2 times in totalCheck out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
ROLF!!!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:40 pm
macheteman wrote:
well i thought about what you suggested SoP, but i think that for The Eagles are Coming, and We shall Outfly, would make them way too powerful.

It wouldn’t make the condition too powerful if you made it unique.

macheteman wrote:
0 Swift Tidings Gandalf
Event
Fellowship, Maneuver or Regroup: Exert an Eagle and add a threat to reveal the top 5 cards of an opponent’s draw deck.
Remove 1 for each Fellowship card revealed.

You mean ’Free Peoples card’, but it’s interesting. Its hefty cost is I think balanced by its versatility.

macheteman wrote:
3 • Avian Vassal Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
To play exert an Eagle (or spot Gwaihir and add a threat).
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may spot two Eagles who are not exhausted to take a Gandalf event into hand from your draw deck.
Behind them in long swift lines came all their vassals from the northern mountains, speeding on a gathering wind.

’Two’ would conventionally be ’2’, and I don’t think he needs to add a threat with Gwaihir.

macheteman wrote:
2 Hour of Doom Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
You may spot Gandalf to not pay the twilight cost of this card.
Make an Eagle defender +1 until the regroup phase, for each Eagle you can spot.

I’d suggest a change in the wording of the card to:

’While you can spot Gandalf, this event’s twilight cost is -2.
Make an Eagle defender +1 for each Eagle you can spot until the regroup phase.’

Interesting, but I think too good, and a serious BA9. Just a simple defender +1 would be more than enough for this card methinks.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:50 pm
macheteman wrote:
0 Swift Tidings Gandalf
Event
Fellowship, Maneuver or Regroup: Exert an Eagle and add a threat to reveal the top 5 cards of an opponent’s draw deck.

I would take out the exertion, make it spot an Eagle instead, raise the cost to 1, and give it toil 1. Thumbs Up

macheteman wrote:
3Avian Vassal Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may spot two Eagles who are not exhausted to take a Gandalf event into hand from your draw deck.

I would add hunter 1. Smile

macheteman wrote:
2 Hour of Doom Gandalf
Event • Maneuver

Wow! Shocked This is pretty much the game in the bag, since you can make one Eagle take on several minions, saving the rest of your [presumably] beaten and battered fellowship from harm. I would make it strength +1 for each Eagle instead, tack on a +4 or +5 limit, and drop the Gandalf piece. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
macheteman wrote:
0 Swift Tidings Gandalf
Event
get rid of one of the phases. 3 is just cluttered

3Avian Vassal Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
cool!

2 Hour of Doom Gandalf
Event • Maneuver

make it you may spot gandalf to play this event for free. cool! BUUTTT stops site 9 swarms a wittle TOO easily IMHO throw on a limit.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:14 pm
macheteman wrote:
0 Swift Tidings Gandalf
Event

Nice. Why Maneuver?

3Avian Vassal Gandalf
Companion • Eagle

Meh. Weak. I’d drop the twilight cost to 2. Its good anyway. Or drop the spotting ability. As is, its to weak to use for a conditional draw deck grab.

2 Hour of Doom Gandalf
Event • Maneuver

While you can spot Gandalf, the twilight cost of this event is -2. Also, should be "Spot X eagles to make an Eagle defender +X until the regroup phase.

I’d make it assignment phase. That way you can drop the until the regroup phase. Plus, assignment stuff is really underdeveloped.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards