LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
macheteman
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:28 pm
thanks Thran. i really appreciate your constructive reviews. i think a keyword would be good for the companions who are able to attach. if you have any suggestions, i’d love to hear them.

i’m not going to make any more keywords though, because the costs/benefits will vary. for instance, while gandalf cost 4 and a threat to transfer to the fellowship, the next guy might have a totally different cost. same with the 3rd line of gwaihir’s text.

as for Thorondor: i changed him up a bit (good point with gandalf and i knocked his strength down by 1). but when i look at Durin, i can’t think that Thorondor is very overpowered. he is part of a small expansion strategy, and the maximum number of eagles you will be able to spot is 5, (that will break the rule of 5) and there will only be 4 companions who can be borne by eagles. so the biggest Thorondor can be (now that he’s edited) is strength 13 damage +4. and to do that, you would have to play a BUNCH of twilight, for all the companions. so all in all, i think that 5 and an exertion for a 11 strength companion isn’t so overpowered.

of course, i’m always open for suggestions.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:58 pm
macheteman wrote:
thanks Thran. i really appreciate your constructive reviews. i think a keyword would be good for the companions who are able to attach. if you have any suggestions, i’d love to hear them.

Just looking through a thesaurus:

Passenger (Eagle) - add a burden
Add a burden to mount Gandalf on an Eagle.

macheteman wrote:
i’m not going to make any more keywords though, because the costs/benefits will vary. for instance, while gandalf cost 4 and a threat to transfer to the fellowship, the next guy might have a totally different cost. same with the 3rd line of gwaihir’s text.

I meant a term for the mechanic of transferring back. So, ’Add 4 and a threat to xxxxx Gandalf’ (meaning return him to the fellowship).

Add 4 and a threat to dismount Gandalf.

Those are the best 2 suggestions I’ve come up with, but I shall think on it more.

macheteman wrote:
as for Thorondor: i changed him up a bit (good point with gandalf and i knocked his strength down by 1). but when i look at Durin, i can’t think that Thorondor is very overpowered. he is part of a small expansion strategy, and the maximum number of eagles you will be able to spot is 5, (that will break the rule of 5) and there will only be 4 companions who can be borne by eagles. so the biggest Thorondor can be (now that he’s edited) is strength 13 damage +4. and to do that, you would have to play a BUNCH of twilight, for all the companions. so all in all, i think that 5 and an exertion for a 11 strength companion isn’t so overpowered.

Fair enough, I didn’t know how many Eagles you had. In my Hobbit block it would be as broken as hell!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
macheteman
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:57 pm
ah yes, it would be broken. how do you think it is now?

as for the keywords, you have some great ideas, i do some thinking on it.
ROLF!!!
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:37 pm
Great, but in that case I think simply exerting an Eagle would be fine.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
macheteman
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:31 pm
thanks, the cards are edited, and i’d appreciate as many reviews as i can get. gp’s will be rewarded.
ROLF!!!
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:57 am
macheteman wrote:

4Gandalf, Fated Burden Gandalf
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
When you play Gandalf, you may add a burden to mount Gandalf on an Eagle.
While attached to an Eagle, Gandalf may not bear cards, and does not add to the number of companions you can spot.
If an Eagle bearing Gandalf is about to die, you may add 4 and a threat to dismount Gandalf.
At the start of the assignment phase, you may exert an Eagle bearing Gandalf to add Gandalf’s strength to that Eagle.
Ever am I fated to be your burden, friend at need...

Ha i read that as fatted burden. I didnt think Gandalf carried too much extra weight! LOL then i read it to mount an... Nvm.

Thats a cool card idea mm.

6Gwaihir, Swiftest of Eagles Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
Strength: 7
Vitality: 5
Resistance: 9
While Gwaihir is in your starting fellowship, his twilight cost is -2
While you can spot an Eagle, Gwaihir is twilight cost -2.
While bearing a companion, Gwaihir is defender +1.
"I would bear you," answered Gwaihir, "whither you will, even were you made of stone."

Nooo i dont think you should be able to start this dude AND another eagle. Maybe he should cost 5 though. Cant see the reason for 6.

7Thorondor, Eagle King of Old Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
Strength: 8
Vitality: 5
Resistance: 8
To play, exert an Eagle.
Thorondor is twilight cost -1 and strength +1 for each Eagle you can spot.
Thorondor is damage +1 for each companion attached to an Eagle.

Cool but lower cost to 6.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:09 am
Firstly, I personally disagree with both of lem0n’s cost reductions - those guys are HUGE and deserve their ridiculous cost.

Secondly, why don’t you include the second line of Gandalf’s text in your definition of being mounted on another card? That would save you a lot of trouble.

Thirdly, Gandalf’s assignment ability needs to say until the regroup phase.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:11 am
Elessar Telcontar is 5/9/4 so why should an 8/5 cost 7?
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:14 am
lem0nhead wrote:

Because he also has resistance 8, and an inbuilt twilight reduction and strength bonus.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:16 am
Thranduil wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:

Because he also has resistance 8, and an inbuilt twilight reduction and strength bonus.

Thranduil

Perhaps the wood elf speaketh the truth. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards