LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Tower Block
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:17 pm
This is based on a deck I had a couple years ago. Since it’s a TTT block deck, it’s still as good as ever.

Format: Two Towers Block

Ring-bearer and Ring
Frodo, Courteous Halfling
The One Ring, Answer to All Riddles

Adventure Path
Western Emyn Muil
Rohirrim Village
Westemnet Plains
White Rocks
Helm’s Gate
Hornburg Armory
Hornburg Wall
Ring of Isengard
Palantir Chamber

Free Peoples (33)
Alcarin, Warrior of Lamedon (starting)
Turgon, Man of Belfalas (starting)
Gondorian Knight x2
Knight of Gondor x2
Banner of Westernesse x2
Sword of Gondor x3
City Wall x4
Citadel of the Stars x3
Stone Tower x2
Rally Point x2
Ithilien Trap x2
Fall Back x3
Defend It and Hope x2
War Must Be x4

Shadow (33)
Wulf, Dunlending Chieftain x3
Hillman Tribe x4
Dunlending Ransacker x3
Hillman Horde x2
Saruman, Rabble-rouser x2
Dunlending Elder x4
Hides x4
Over the Isen x2
Ready to Fall x2
War Club x4
Burn Every Village x3

Free Peoples Strategy
Basically, just play your fortifications and possessions. Usually you will either have more strength than their minions, or you can wound them to death with Ithilien Trap, Fall Back, Defend It and Hope, Stone Tower and Citadel of the Stars. Rally Point can grab back any left over fortifications. Banner of Westernesse provides much-needed healing for the knights, although Alcarin also has a healing ability. War Must Be is a great strength boost.

It’s a fairly easy Free Peoples side to use, but it is not a boring deck to use.

Shadow Strategy
The Shadow side focuses on site control. There are several cards that can take control of sites: Wulf, Hillman Tribe, and Dunlending Ransacker. All 3 of them trigger off of winning skirmishes.

Once you take control of sites, several good things happen. Burn Every Village becomes a 0-cost strength +4 skirmish event. Over the Isen allows you to choose who fights who (as long as there is surplus twilight). Dunlending Elder turns into a cheap yet very powerful minion. Ready to Fall plays back minions from your discard pile, utilizing every bit of twilight available - this becomes very strong if you run out of deck.

Saruman is a nice strength boost / archery soaker / double-move-punisher. At 4 twilight, he’s a great addition to the attack force.

War Club is a cheap strength +2 weapon, and it will quickly rid your opponent of his possessions if you put it on a strong minion.

Lastly, Hides is the ultimate wound prevention. It’s not a condition, so it is considerably harder to discard. It’s a must-have for any Dunland deck that wants to be competitive. If you can’t pick up any Hides for your deck, then you can use Bound By Rage instead - it’s not as good, but it’s better than nothing.

Thanks for reading! Smile
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
ingold55
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:29 am
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
good deck. i had never seen that card fall back. dude that is a good card! sorry back to your deck. i don’t see anything i would add except for mabye another sword of gondor. but it looks good.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Hazael
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:28 pm
Well ingold55 knows more about knights I see, but I am only qualified to critique your Dunlands. Smile

Personally I think Wolf, Dunlening Chieftain is not very good with most Dunland strategies, but it works really well with this one. Wolf + over the isen + hides + stong Dunland site control minons = site control. You can make one of your Tribe/Ransacker minons skirmish a weaker companion with over the isen, and use hides to ward off wounds to Wolf. Now, you just easily took control of 2 sites. You just need to get the first initial site to work with. For that first site, you might want to take out some Ransackers to put in some Freca, Hungry Savage. He is by far the best site control minion and easy to keep alive with hides.

Ransackers are good for swarm/site strategies where all minons have skirmish winning game text and very cheap twilight costs. Yours is more on the side of strength/site.

I would take out a Dunlending Elder for another Burn every Village.
He’s not really helping your strategy until you have those 2 sites.

Looks like a good amount of cards for this deck. You shouldnt worry about decking-out.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:16 pm
ingold55 wrote:
i don’t see anything i would add except for mabye another sword of gondor.

Good idea - I think I’ll add a Sword, and remove a Banner.
Hazael wrote:
For that first site, you might want to take out some Ransackers to put in some Freca, Hungry Savage. He is by far the best site control minion and easy to keep alive with hides.

He’s great, but he isn’t legal in TTT block. Smile
Hazael wrote:
I would take out a Dunlending Elder for another Burn every Village.
He’s not really helping your strategy until you have those 2 sites.

Sorry, but having 4 Elders is crucial. He is probably the best minion in this deck.

Thanks for the reviews!
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Tower Block