LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:22 am
lem0nhead wrote:
I mostly agree with Legolas’ Dad, but id leave the exert, cos, as he puts it, its ’bestial’.

Except that Morgoth is enduring.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:23 am
I stand corrected once again sir. *takes hat off*
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:24 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
My comments mostly echo those of others:

- If it’s unique, it probably shouldn’t have a subtitle.
- It WOULD be cool (and slightly more balanced, I think) if it reduced resistance instead of vitality.
- I would also leave the exert-to-play.
- It’s awfully darn powerful, but since Morgoth is so expensive himself, it probably balances out alright.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:35 am
I changed the vitality drop to a resistance drop, by popular request. I’d love to hang on to that subtitle, though. Mr. Green How about if I make it unique and upgrade the text a bit?
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:00 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
I changed the vitality drop to a resistance drop, by popular request. I’d love to hang on to that subtitle, though. Mr. Green How about if I make it unique and upgrade the text a bit?

That would be good. Then you might even be able to do a resistance AND vitality hit. But if you make it too powerful, it’s probably best to limit it to unbound companions.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:09 am
Edited. Thumbs Up
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:14 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
You can get rid of "1 per bearer" now that it’s unique.

Looking better, if a bit complicated Laughing
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:17 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

3Curse of Morgoth, Damnation of Melkor Sauron
Condition
Strength -2
Vitality -1
Resistance -1
To play, exert Morgoth and remove a threat. Bearer must be a companion. Limit 1 per bearer.
The twilight cost of each Free Peoples card played on bearer is +2. Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish, the Free Peoples player must exert bearer or add a burden. Each the fellowship moves, the Free Peoples player must discard a card of bearer’s culture from hand or add 2.
”’The shadow of my thought shall lie upon them wherever they go, and my hate shall pursue them to the ends of the world.’”

Holy heck its gone crazy. This is a mental card. It seems to me if you put this on my companion id just kill it off to make life easier and so i didnt have to keep following all the stuff it says. Id really make it except the RB. Sticking this on it is just broken.

Its definately more trouble to keep bearer alive than to just ditch them!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:24 am
I would certainly remove the third ability - it’s fine without it.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:12 pm
Last sentence of text removed. Hopefully that fixes everything. Thumbs Up

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards