LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:34 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Okay, here’s one more question...how would you all feel about participating in the battle of Helm’s Deep? At least, the end of it? Smile
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
macheteman
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:07 pm
why? there are so many other cool battles. i’m especially looking forward to the lonely mountain. as, dale is right near there, so we can develop the Rorin-Ryle story some more!

i’m not opposed to the idea, but i think with using all tolkiens less known battles, and our own imaginations, we have plenty to cover for this adventure.

-macheteman
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:19 pm
I like more stealthy adventures. What fun’s a battle? There are no twists, turns, surprises, whatever. At least not to the extent of a trek through the frozen North.

How about you do something through Mirkwood?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
macheteman
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:25 pm
withered heath! and the South!! and let us go to the East of the East to fight the Wild Were-Worms of the last desert!!! huzzah!!! Laughing
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:38 pm
Patience, boys. I have a plan...don’t worry. Crazy Uncle Dáin ain’t quite as crazy as you think. Razz

Mirkwood will be a HUGE part of the story, probably the biggest and lengthiest stop along the journey. Helm’s Deep will be a very small part of things, and it will make a lot of sense once you see HOW it comes about.

This whole story is gonna be epic, especially once we reach Morannon at the end, but there will be plenty of stealth and relaxation and character interaction/development between the beginning and the end. I know what I’m doing, and I think (hope) you’ll like it.

Trust me. Smile

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:33 pm
Can I throw you into the battle at Helm’s Deep?

Well...I AM a ranger and you ARE a dwarf, but the exception is I will tell the elf.

Twisted Evil

Or if you’d rather not.

1 Literally Flung Into the Fray Dwarven/Gondor
Event • Assignment
Spot a Gondor ranger and make a Dwarf defender +X and assign X minions to skirmish him to make him strength +X for each minion assigned this way (and damage +X if bearing a hand weapon).
If you can spot an Elf, place that ranger in the dead pile.
"I told the elf, I told the elf, Nanananana. *THUD*"
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:06 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
NBarden wrote:

Event • Assignment
Spot a Gondor ranger and make a Dwarf defender +X and assign X minions to skirmish him to make him strength +X for each minion assigned this way (and damage +X if bearing a hand weapon).

ROFL.
GP for that.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:50 pm
NBarden wrote:
Event • Assignment

And don’t you forget it, lad. Wink NEVER tell the Elf.

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:54 pm
On a more serious note, seeing as NBarden’s new section says he "returns" to Bree on March 2 of 3018, I think we can assume he was returning from the quest of the Iceblade (which began in Bree), so we can further assume Realms of the North took place in the weeks leading up to that...so, January/February of 3018, about a year before this story. Just something to keep in mind for future posts so that everything "gels".

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:12 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
can I use some of my DC’s from realms of the north? I liked my bow especially.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing