LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
NBarden
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:44 pm
You mean god-mode?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:51 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Same difference. Razz "God mod" is an old gaming term, where you make a character so powerful that he can’t possibly lose.

But yes, "God mode" is pretty similiar. Probably could call that the state one is in while they are "God modded". Smile
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:51 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I’ve actually never seen the term "god-mode" in my RPG-ing. It’s always been "god-mod". "mod" as in "moderating".
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:23 pm
I want to change my character.

19 •Duinihir, Balanced and Broken Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 16
Vitality: 6
Resistance: 42
Ranger. Hunter 7. Defender +2.
To play, spot an Elf, Dwarf, Gondor Man and Rohan Man.
The fellowship archery total is +3.
Well...his raw stats and crazy abilities are completely counterbalanced by his huge twilight cost and spotting requirements...oh wait, THOSE DON’T MATTER! w00t!

That being said, I think that a lot of these "balanced" 3 or 4 cards are unfair because of the fact that they’re 3 or 4 twilight. I propose a restricton that ALL companions MUST be 2. And balanced.

Or by golly I’m using this guy. He IS balanced. Twisted Evil
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
NBarden
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:34 pm
Ingold, your DCs ARE kinda broken. Maybe....

4 •Durail, Shadow Warrior Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Ranger. Hunter 1
Skirmish: Exert Durail and add a threat to wound a minion skirmishing a Gondor Man.

3 •Flame, Weapon of Fire Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +3
Bearer must be Durail. He is damage +1.
Response: If Durail is about to take a wound in a skirmish, add two threats to prevent that wound.

1 •Durail’s Cloak, Special Gift Gondor
Possession • Cloak
Vitality: +1
Bearer must be Durail.
The minion archery total is -1.

Also, some lore would be nice.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:56 pm
NBarden wrote:
4 •Durail, Shadow Warrior Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Ranger. Hunter 1
Skirmish: Exert Durail and add a threat to wound a minion skirmishing a Gondor Man.

Perhaps allow it to be a Gondor Man or an Elf, since Durail has a tight history with the Elves of Mirkwood.

NBarden wrote:
3 •Flame, Weapon of Fire Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +3
Bearer must be Durail. He is damage +1.
Response: If Durail is about to take a wound in a skirmish, add two threats to prevent that wound.

I dunno. The cost might make it okay with just one threat.

NBarden wrote:
1 •Durail’s Cloak, Special Gift Gondor
Possession • Cloak
Vitality: +1
Bearer must be Durail.
The minion archery total is -1.

Wow...so with all of these combined, we’re talking about an 11/5/8 companion here. Think Not bad, though. I’d approve these.

ingold, I’d recommend you edit your DCs along these lines. I like the ideas you had, but they need to be closer to these to be balanced. Thumbs Up

Excellent sections so far, guys. I wasn’t expecting everyone to want to participate in the battle, but hey, that’s why I left it up to you! Smile Hope you’re having fun. Anxious

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:16 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I liked durails first ability...they both have to be exhausted, and he can’t skirmish. kinda like merry, friend of sam who I always thought was a cool idea.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
ingold55
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:51 am
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
ok, thanks guys it has been about a year since I have just sat down and made DC’s so this will be interesting until I get back into the swing of things. Very Happy
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
NBarden
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:29 pm
I personally think that you should tone yhour abilities down to a 2 companion. Dain? I think there should be a rule on this.

Or should I use Duinihir, Balanced yet Broken?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:45 pm
NBarden wrote:
I personally think that you should tone yhour abilities down to a 2 companion. Dain? I think there should be a rule on this.

I think that we can make an exception here, since Durail IS pretty famous as far as RPGing goes.

Curubethion, similiarly, will also retain his 7/4 stats.

NBarden wrote:
Or should I use Duinihir, Balanced yet Broken?

Um...no. Razz

Seriously, though, I think it’s a good idea to keep our characters’ stats close to what they were before. I wouldn’t have a problem with, say, a 3-cost 7/3 companion, but let’s not have a slew of 4-cost guys running around, eh?

Don’t worry. With a couple powerful companions, that just means we’ll eventually have to face a couple powerful minions. I’ll make sure it all evens out. Wink

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing