LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:24 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

5 Southron Hussars Raider
Minion • Man
Strength: 10
Vitality: 3
Site: 4
Southron. Archer.
When you play this minion, you may remove a threat to play a Raider mount from your draw deck; the twilight cost of that mount is -1.
“‘Swertings we call ’em in our tales; and they ride on oliphaunts, ’tis said, when they fight.’”

Cool card DI.

3Oliphaunt of Far Harad Raider
Possession • Mount
Strength +3
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Southron.
Bearer is fierce.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you make bearer damage +1 until the regroup phase.
Response: If a companion or ally is killed during a skirmish involving bearer, exert bearer to take control of a site.
“‘An Oliphaunt it was!’”

Just because they didnt develop southron site control doesnt mean you shouldnt Dain. I wouldnt put it as a response either, you could take far too many sites with this and seasoned leader etc... Just put Each time bearer wins skirmish etc...

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
:

Minion • Man
Southron. Archer.
When you play this minion, you may remove a threat to play a Raider mount from your draw deck; the twilight cost of that mount is -1.
“‘Swertings we call ’em in our tales; and they ride on oliphaunts, ’tis said, when they fight.’”
nice

Possession • Mount
Strength +3
Vitality +1
Bearer is fierce.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you make bearer damage +1 until the regroup phase.
Each time a companion or ally is killed during a skirmish involving bearer, you may exert bearer to take control of a site.
“‘An Oliphaunt it was!’”

if you are going to do site control, make it worth it. and, do cut one of the bonuses. right now it is just plain broken. especially on desert lord with seasoned leader. *Shudders in agony then suddenly realizes he is the only person in his neighborhood with desert lord, then realizes he couldn’t use it anyway cause this is only a DC*
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:20 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I know, I know...I’m not even finished with The Road Ahead just yet, but I’ve hit a bit a bit of a wall with the last couple cultures for that set. So for now, I’m moving on to a culture that has always scared me: the Raider culture. WHY does it scare me? Because I haven’t really done much DCing with them before. In fact, of all cultures in the game (except Men), I’ve messed around with Raider the least. But since we’re currently covering Gondor rangers, I figured this was as good a time as any to dive into their chief opponents in The Two Towers: the Southrons. I’ll get to Easterlings before we’re done too, but for now, I’m finally going to try and create some decent Southron DCs.

Here’s my feeble start. Be gentle. Embarassed

Minion • Man
Southron. Archer.

Nice.

Possession • Mount
Strength +3
Vitality +1
Bearer is fierce.
Each time a companion or ally is killed during a skirmish involving bearer, you may exert bearer to take control of a site.
“‘An Oliphaunt it was!’”

HOLY COW! Just imagine this. Seasoned leader + Desert Lord + This equals 4 exertions, strength 22, fierce minion that gets damage +1 next time around. AWESOME!

Not quite sure where I want to go with the culture yet, but I figured I’d go back to the Towers block basics for Southrons: archery, site control, and ambush, with a little swarming and direct exerting/wounding mixed in. Why change what’s already great? Smile If you have any specific ideas, though, I’d love to hear them...especially since I’m at a bit of a loss when it comes to these guys.

I’d like you to do some sort of wounding swarm. Including a Sneak reprint.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:49 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’ve been working on the culture bit by bit over the last week, and I think I finally have a good idea about the direction I’m heading in with it (or should I say, the directions.

I went back and tweaked the Oliphaunt, snipping the damage +1 entirely and replacing it with something else. I’m posting it again below for new reviews, along with a few other cards that follow the same theme. I don’t think it will take you smart reviewers long to figure out what that theme is. Rolling Eyes Enjoy!

Possession • Mount
Strength +3
Vitality +1
Bearer is fierce.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you make exert bearer to add a threat.
“‘An Oliphaunt it was!’”

And the all-new stuff....

2 Desert Bandit Raider
Minion • Man
Strength: 5
Vitality: 2
Southron. Hunter 1.
While you can spot 2 other Raider Men, this minion is fierce.
Each time the Free Peoples player assigns this minion a skirmish, they must add 2 or a threat.
Used to raiding in numbers, the Southron warriors were increasingly vicious in groups.

Sort of like ambush, but with threats. Smile Here’s another....

3 Desert Raider Raider
Minion • Man
Strength: 6
Southron. Hunter 2.
While at a battleground site, this minion is fierce.
Each time the Free Peoples player assigns this minion to a fierce skirmish, you may add 2 or a threat.
The warriors of the far east were ferocious in battle.

And a way to USE those threats.... Twisted Evil

7Southron Regiment Raider
Minion • Man
Strength: 13
Southron. Hunter 1. Ambush 2.
Each time Southron Regiment wins a skirmish involving a Ring-bound companion, you may add a threat.
While you can spot 2 threats, each Raider Man gains ambush 1.
While you can spot 4 threats, each Raider Man is an archer.
“‘Not nice; very cruel wicked men they look.’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:21 am; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:42 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Mount
Strength +3
Vitality +1
Bearer is fierce.
“‘An Oliphaunt it was!’”

If it’s about threats, why the site control? Seems fine otherwise.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Desert Bandit Raider
Minion • Man
Southron. Hunter 1.
Each time the Free Peoples player assigns this minion to a fierce skirmish, you may add a threat.
Used to raiding in numbers, the Southron warriors were increasingly vicious in groups.

Unfortunately not that good. Leave the second ability at each skirmish (the likelihood of such a rubbish guy living to fight twice is very low). Interesting hunter bonus. Also, you could redefine ambush. ’Ambush - add a threat’, for example. Or even ’Ambush (fierce) - add a threat’.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Desert Raider Raider
Minion • Man
Southron. Hunter 1.
Each time the Free Peoples player assigns this minion to a fierce skirmish, you may add a threat.

Same points as above.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Man
Southron. Hunter 1. Ambush 1.
Each time Southron Regiment wins a skirmish involving a Ring-bound companion, you may add a threat.
While you can spot a threat, Southron Regiment gains ambush 2.
While you can spot 2 threats, Southron Regiment is an archer.

Needs more threats methinks. 2 and 4 or 1 and 3 or something. Nice card though.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:43 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Mount
Strength +3
Vitality +1
Bearer is fierce.
“‘An Oliphaunt it was!’”

Cool! Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Desert Bandit Raider
Minion • Man
Southron. Hunter 1.

I would raise his hunter bonus to 2. Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Desert Raider Raider
Minion • Man
Southron. Hunter 1.

I’d raise the hunter bonus to 2 once more. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Man

Neato! Smile
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I don’t think it will take you smart reviewers long to figure out what that theme is. Rolling Eyes Enjoy!
Duh...I wonder what it is Mommy can you help me? I am a stupid retawd. Wink

Possession • Mount
Strength +3
Vitality +1
Bearer is fierce.
“‘An Oliphaunt it was!’”
I still think you should cut an ability. the threat one perhaps.

2 Desert Bandit Raider
Minion • Man
Southron. Hunter 1.
getting him to survive could be a chore Wink .

2 Desert Raider Raider
Minion • Man
Southron. Hunter 1.
works for me

Minion • Man

maybe while you can spot 4 threats each raider minion gains ambush 2 and while you can spot 6-8 each gains archer...just an idea.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:30 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Possession • Mount
Strength +3
Vitality +1
Bearer is fierce.
“‘An Oliphaunt it was!’”

Make should be may exert bearer to add a threat. Fair enough.

2 Desert Bandit Raider
Minion • Man
Southron. Hunter 1.

Cool but unlikely to survive to be fierce.

2 Desert Raider Raider
Minion • Man
Southron. Hunter 1.

Sound, again will need a mumak or something to make him get to a fierce fight.

Minion • Man

Meh, this was always the problem with southron they cost a lot and didnt do much. For 7 here youre not getting fierce or damage +1. Needs tweaking to make him viable.

"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:24 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Alright, I tweaked all three minions. The last one is hopefully more worth the cost now. Twisted Evil Let me know what you think.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:32 am
The first two are better. Though i dislike 3 costing 6 strength minions just cos of hunter 2. But anyway. The last guy is much better but he still isnt that useful on his own is my point, but hes definately balanced and worth the cost.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards