LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Wow...it’s been a month since I updated this. Ideas have been coming REALLY slowly for me for the last several weeks, but I think I’ve finally got my mojo back. Very Happy Card ideas are coming more easily now, even for these Southrons! Mr. Green

So here’s some new stuff (and some old stuff). Enjoy!

3 Desert Wanderer Raider
Minion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 2
Site: 4
Southron. Ambush 1.
This minion gains hunter 1 for each possession borne by a character in his skirmish.
“‘And some have red paint on their cheeks, and red cloaks....’”
its skirmish perhaps?

5Desert Lancers Raider (reprint)
Minion • Man
Strength: 11
Vitality: 3
Southron. To play, spot a Raider Man.
Regroup: Exert Desert Lancers twice to take control of a site.
“‘Always more people coming to Mordor. One day all the peoples will be inside.’”
cool!

Site control will be a nice mini-theme with the Southrons again, as you’ll see in the new future. Until then, consider this a teaser, I guess. Very Happy

4Voice of the Desert, Warriors of Far Harad Raider
Minion • Man
Southron. To play, spot a Southron.
While the fellowship is in region 1, each Southron gains hunter 1.
While the fellowship is in region 2, each Southron is an archer.
While the fellowship is in region 3, each Southron is fierce.
“A new fear was upon them. They heard singing and hoarse shouting.”

change the hunter to ambush and we are good.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:27 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 Desert Wanderer Raider
Minion • Man
Strength: 8
Southron. Ambush 1.
This minion gains hunter 1 for each possession borne by a character in his skirmish.
“‘And some have red paint on their cheeks, and red cloaks....’”

Can’t complain.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
5Desert Lancers Raider (reprint)
Minion • Man
Southron. To play, spot a Raider Man.
Regroup: Exert Desert Lancers twice to take control of a site.
“‘Always more people coming to Mordor. One day all the peoples will be inside.’”

Blech! Sorry, I feel a sudden desire to make that noise every time I see site control. Blech! It’s probably fine, and a hell of a lot more efficient than Southrons ever had before, but it’s still a horrible mechanic.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
4Voice of the Desert, Warriors of Far Harad Raider
Minion • Man
Southron. To play, spot a Southron.
While the fellowship is in region 1, each Southron gains hunter 1.
While the fellowship is in region 2, each Southron is an archer.
While the fellowship is in region 3, each Southron is fierce.
“A new fear was upon them. They heard singing and hoarse shouting.”

Can’t complain either.

That was easy! Razz

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:19 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I guess it’s just my lot in life that I only get new cards up in this thread every two weeks or so. d'oh!

Anyway, you may remember that a little while ago, I had a couple Southrons that got stronger the more Sauron cards you could spot. I wanted a decent Raider/Sauron connection in this set to emphasize the strong connection shown between them in the novel AND film versions of The Two Towers...and actually in The Return of the King as well, on the Pelennor. Unlike the Uruks of Isengard or the Dunlendings or the goblins of Moria, who all operate with the same basic goals but also rather independantly of each other (for the most part), the Haradrim’s connection to Sauron is a little more direct, as they march right into Mordor to bolster the Dark Lord’s growing armies.

So, here are a few cards to help this mini-strategy along. Enjoy!

3 Desert Legionnaire Raider
Minion • Man
Strength: 7
Southron.
While you can spot another Raider hunter, this minion gains hunter 2.
While you can spot another Raider minion with ambush, this minion gains ambush 2.
While you can spot a Sauron minion, this minion is twilight cost -1.
“‘More Men going to Mordor. Dark faces.’”

Well, okay. This guy’s connection to Sauron minions is a little more subdued. But these next ones might help change your mind about whether or not this odd partnership could work....

0 Dark Faces Raider
Event • Shadow
Choose one: play a Raider minion at twilight cost -X, where X is the number of Sauron minions you can spot; or play a Sauron minion at twilight cost -X, where X is the number of Raider minions you can spot.
“‘Wicked men. Servants of Sauron. They are called to Mordor.’”

1 Servants of the Dark Tower Raider
Event • Regroup
Exert a Raider minion and a Sauron minion to take control of a site or discard a condition.
“...other evil eyes were abroad: Sauron had many servants.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:48 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:38 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Man
Southron.
While you can spot another Raider minion with ambush, this minion gains ambush 2.

I think it’s too subdued. I suggest something more on these lines (he would have to be unique):

’While you can spot another Raider hunter, each Sauron minion gains hunter 1.
While you can spot another Raider minion with amubush, each Sauron minion gains ambush 1.
While you can spot 3 Raider minions, each Sauron minion’s twilight cost is -1.’

Something like that would really provide a solid glue for the 2 cultures.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 Dark Faces Raider
Event • Shadow
Play a Raider minion. That minion’s twilight cost is -1 for each Sauron minion you can spot.

Again, I’d want to switch this card around:

’Play a Sauron minion. That minion’s twilight cost is -1 for each Raider minion you can spot.’

Not sure quite why I think my way’s better than yours, but it just feels nebulously nicer! Razz

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Regroup
Exert a Raider minion and a Sauron minion to take control of a site or discard a condition, then discard those minions.

Removing the last clause of this card would make it excellent. As it is, limited usage.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Man
Southron.
works

0 Dark Faces Raider
Event • Shadow
Play a Raider minion. That minion’s twilight cost is -1 for each Sauron minion you can spot.
why not switch the lores between this and the one above?

Event • Regroup
Exert a Raider minion and a Sauron minion to take control of a site or discard a condition, then discard those minions.

then discard one of those minions IMHO. actually...the exertions are fine as it is. cut the discard totally.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:19 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Man
Southron.

Cool. I dislike multi cultural tie ins cos at the end of the day they wont be used and are limited usefulness. However story wise theyre very cool.

0 Dark Faces Raider
Event • Shadow

Thran is right it would be a lot more useful if it was raider minion but that ruins the awesome lore and movie/book tie in which is obviously why youre doing it. I think this would be a lot better as a high cost condition. Something with FS’s upkeep style cost.

Event • Regroup

I think having 1 of each out in the regroup is hard so i wouldnt discard them.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:28 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Okay, I made the recommended tweaks, including making Dark Faces much more versatile. Twisted Evil

Also, one of Thran’s suggestions got me thinking, so here’s a new Raider/Sauron super-minion. Enjoy! Smile

6Sunland Legion Raider
Minion • Man
Southron. Hunter 1. Ambush 2.
While you can spot another Raider Southron, the site number of each Sauron Orc is -2.
While you can spot another Raider hunter, each Sauron Orc gains hunter 1.
While you can spot another Raider minion with ambush, each Sauron minion gains ambush 1.
“‘Sméagol thinks they have come out of the South beyond the Great River’s end....They have passed on to the Black Gate....’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:46 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
5Sunland Legion Raider
Minion • Man
While you can spot another Raider Southron, the site number of each Sauron Orc is -2.
While you can spot another Raider minion with ambush, each Sauron minion gains ambush 1.
“‘Sméagol thinks they have come out of the South beyond the Great River’s end....They have passed on to the Black Gate....’”

Since this was basically my idea, I say: good! Razz

Like Dark Faces now a lot.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:13 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

5Sunland Legion Raider
Minion • Man

Nice but seems 1 cost too cheap and also why would sauron orcs want or need ambush, that line doesnt seem to fit.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:04 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Nice but seems 1 cost too cheap and also why would sauron orcs want or need ambush, that line doesnt seem to fit.

Siegecraft? And anyway, it would still help your Southrons.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards