LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:48 pm
Just 2 reviews? My other thread has had about 5 in the same amount of time!

Anvar, I’ll think over your wording (and probably change it when I decide it’s better) and as far as I can guess, you presumably automatically get the riddle right by guessing the number 0.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:05 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Just 2 reviews? My other thread has had about 5 in the same amount of time!

Whoops! Just missed this somehow. Must have slipped too low on the page...I usually only go to a certain point (like when I see my own name as the last reply to a thread), then figure I’ve already seen everything below that point. USUALLY it works out fine, but sometimes one will slip through the cracks...like this, apparently. Embarassed

Thranduil wrote:
0 Lovely Titles Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. Then, reveal 3 random cards from their adventure deck. If the named number matches the number of sites with a Shadow number of 2 or more, you may Lock a Shadow card until the regroup phase. If it does not, Lock The One Ring until the regroup phase.
’I am the Ring-winner and the Luckwearer...’
H2 U 175

I like lem0n’s suggestion with the whole "X" thing...gives you one number that you can then reference throughout and save on unnecessary wording. I also agree with his overall assessment: worth it if you pull it off, but too risky for my blood. Doesn’t mean it’s a bad card, though.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Riddling Talk Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent who must name a number. Then, reveal 3 random cards from your adventure deck. If the named number matches the number of sites with a Shadow number of 1 or less, they may replace a site on the site path with a site from their adventure deck. If it does not, you may make a minion strength -4 until the regroup phase.
No dragon can resist the temptation of riddling talk...
H2 U 179

Again, the X thing might work well here. I think "they" should be "that opponent". Also, for this and the other card above, it might be good to keep "if it does not...." as part of the same sentence as the one before it, and seperate them with a semicolon [;]. See the examples of Death They Cried and, to a lesser extent, Slaked Thirsts and Introspection. I may be wrong, as there’s certainly no precedence for a card like yours, but it seems to me that if Big D designed it, they would have done it like that. *shrug*
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:33 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

0 Lovely Titles Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. Then, reveal 3 random cards from their adventure deck. If the named number matches the number of sites with a Shadow number of 2 or more, you may Lock a Shadow card until the regroup phase. If it does not, Lock The One Ring until the regroup phase.
’I am the Ring-winner and the Luckwearer...’
H2 U 175
I like it.

1 Riddling Talk Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent who must name a number. Then, reveal 3 random cards from your adventure deck. If the named number matches the number of sites with a Shadow number of 1 or less, they may replace a site on the site path with a site from their adventure deck. If it does not, you may make a minion strength -4 until the regroup phase.
No dragon can resist the temptation of riddling talk...
H2 U 179

cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:32 pm
I’ll change the riddles soon. Thanks for all your reviews.

Now onto my favourite thing about riddles: the cheating!

1 Thief in the Shadows Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo to choose a Shadow player who must reveal 3 random sites from their adventure deck. Then, you may make the Shadow player choose one of those sites which you may stack on a Shire condition.
’Well, thief! I smell you and I feel your air. I hear your breath. Come along! Help yourself again, there is plenty and to spare!’
H2 C 182

And continuing the theme of stacking sites:

1 Investigator Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo to choose a Shadow player who must replace the current site with a site from their adventure deck. Then, you may stack the replaced site on a Shire condition.
’Now I will make you an offer. I have got my ring and will creep down this very noon... and see what he is up to. Perhaps something will turn up.’
H2 U 174

Next onto more stacking.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:03 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo to choose a Shadow player who must reveal 3 random cards from their adventure deck. Then, you may stack one revealed site on a Shire condition.
’Well, thief! I smell you and I feel your air. I hear your breath. Come along! Help yourself again, there is plenty and to spare!’
H2 C 182

Probably should be "3 random sites", just for cleanliness. It’s not a bad card, but taking a site away from them like that...it just smacks of why people say my capturing concept is too strong. I know you have counters for it, but if they aren’t prepared, you can really wreak some serious havoc. Perhaps make it NOT be random, so the Shadow player can better choose which sites they keep.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Investigator Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo to choose a Shadow player who must replace the current site with a site from their adventure deck. Then, you may stack the replaced site on a Shire condition.
’Now I will make you an offer. I have got my ring and will creep down this very noon... and see what he is up to. Perhaps something will turn up.’
H2 U 174

Better, as the Shadow player has a little more say in how things go.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo to choose a Shadow player who must reveal 3 random sites from their adventure deck. Then, you may make the Shadow player choose one of those sites which you may stack on a Shire condition.
H2 C 182
works

1 Investigator Shire
Event • Maneuver
H2 U 174

have we seen the shire conditions that benefit from stacking sites?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:42 am
Thranduil wrote:

Event • Maneuver
H2 C 182

Argh! Now there is free peoples site stacking. Ill reserve judgement but i wish you wouldnt! Seems balanced, though revealing peoples adventure path isnt nice for only 1 pool!

1 Investigator Shire
Event • Maneuver
H2 U 174

Hmmmm. Balanced is all ill say.

Next onto more stacking.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:48 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Argh! Now there is free peoples site stacking. Ill reserve judgement but i wish you wouldnt! Seems balanced, though revealing peoples adventure path isnt nice for only 1 pool!

In all fairness, we’ve already seen site stacking for the Eagles.

Also, I would like to hear your objections to this mechanic. Not as a challenge or to prove I’m right or anything, just because I’m interested and I want to make my cards better!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:58 pm
Thranduil wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:

In all fairness, we’ve already seen site stacking for the Eagles.

Also, I would like to hear your objections to this mechanic. Not as a challenge or to prove I’m right or anything, just because I’m interested and I want to make my cards better!

Can’t speak for lem0n, of course, but my "problem" with it is that it could get (unintentionally) too powerful. Manipulating the sitepath is one thing...in those cases, the other player gets their site back, at least. In THIS case, you’re taking sites away from them with no means of getting them back unless YOU give them back somehow...which, again, is why I liken this to the beef most people have with capturing.

I think if there were more mechanisms for the owner of sites getting them back, it might be for the best. Thumbs Up

But again, that’s just me.

Thranduil
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:07 pm
I understand your points entirely, but then again if you discard or kill the card your sites are stacked on, you get them back, so it’s not as bad as site control in that respect.

Thanks for your opinion, and I shall certainly think on how to improve it.

And by the way, SoP, we have not seen any conditions on which sites can be stacked - but you’ll never guess what’s coming next!

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards