LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:21 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I can’t wait Very Happy
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:33 am
Thranduil wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:
Argh! Now there is free peoples site stacking. Ill reserve judgement but i wish you wouldnt! Seems balanced, though revealing peoples adventure path isnt nice for only 1 pool!

In all fairness, we’ve already seen site stacking for the Eagles.

Also, I would like to hear your objections to this mechanic. Not as a challenge or to prove I’m right or anything, just because I’m interested and I want to make my cards better!

Thranduil

I forgot about the eagles. If you note i didnt review them because i didnt like the mechanism and didnt want to moan about them! When i posted the above i failed to recall the eagles!

Anyway.....

My point was different from DI’s. I wasnt coming from a particular gameplay angle like the dwarf, i just dont like it. It strikes me as grasping at straws for a mechanism, because stacking other peoples sites on companions and minions just makes no sense. Site control i can understand. Goes in to your support area cos you own that site your minions have complete control of it. But why an individual character should take an integral part of someones deck that D never messed with in such a way, and attach it themselves sounds messed up to me. Taking a site from the sirte path was fair enough, but stealing them from someones adventure pile is dodgy. Theres no way it works, some lowly orc cannot carry the bridge of khazad dhum.

Essentially messing with an adventure deck, in some way like DI said, is too weirder gameplay. I dont think it should be messed with.

Now that sounds like a huge bitch and whine and flame of your DC’s Thran, but its not. The way you have made the cards id say they were balanced and do cool things, but the mechanism, well, just doesnt seem proper. Sorry for peeing on your bonfire, feel free to totally disregard me, its your set, you just asked for my input, so there we go. Sorry for being a git.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:27 am
Conversely, I always thought that Decipher never did enough with the site path and adventure decks. An early version of this set actually shuffled sites into your draw deck so you could have them in hand and use them for various things - though I took it out for using up the sites too much.

I can’t say anything about realism apart from what I’ve already said in another thread. Character’s don’t literally carry stacked sites - the sites are not borne by those characters, they are stacked on them. It represents a stockpile of influence or knowledge or barbarism on the sites. For Orcs, it shows them rampaging and burning and pillaging (the good things that Orcs do), which is represented by them yanking a site out of normal play. For Smaug it represents the places where people are terrified of him, or where he himself has gone and destroyed it like the Desolation of the Dragon. For Eagles, it represents them seeing the lay of the land from very high up which they can easily replace on the site path and land there or guide people across them. For Bilbo, it represents his burglar-antics, investigation and spying and the gathering of knowledge.

I really appreciate your opinions, thanks, and I will try and deal with the realism issue.

And actually, I’ve just realised that for Shire, site-stacking is rather a sideline and a minor issue. The big one is events:

1 Hobbit Hole Shire
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Shire event and there are no Free Peoples cards stacked here, you may stack that event here.
Fellowship: Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to take all Free Peoples cards stacked here into hand. Discard this condition.
Not a nasty, dirty wer hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell...
H2 C 173

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:33 am
Thranduil wrote:

1 Hobbit Hole Shire
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Shire event and there are no Free Peoples cards stacked here, you may stack that event here.
Fellowship: Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to take all Free Peoples cards stacked here into hand. Discard this condition.
H2 C 173

Phrase it "Each time you play a Shire event, spot no Free Peoples cards stacked here, to stack that event here."

Cool but doesnt this mean you just get 1 event back? Why say "all"?

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:32 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
probably you can stack cards there via other ways...
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:37 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
1 Hobbit Hole Shire
Condition • Support Area
H2 C 173

Okay. Kind of a nice way to get events back, but I see little other use for it so far....
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:59 pm
Yeah sorry, I meant to post more cards, but I suddenly realised that I had to go. So here they are:

1 • Tight Place Shire
Condition • Support Area
Shire events may be played from this condition as if from hand.
Fellowship: If there are no Free Peoples cards stacked here, spot Bilbo to stack a Free Peoples card here from hand.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may discard a card stacked here and stack a card from your hand here.
... Hobbits are not quite like ordinary people...
H2 U 183

Note the subtle way of using sites stacked on that condition.

1 Puzzle Shire
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a Shadow event is played, exert Bilbo to stack that event here.
Response: If a card is played with the same title as a card stacked here, spot a Hobbit and discard this condition to cancel that card’s effects and place it beneath its owner’s draw deck.
’You may walk unseen, but you did not walk all the way.’
H2 R 178

And don’t forget the mithril-coat from the Dwarven culture:

2 • Mithril Coat, Kingly Gift Dwarven
Artifact • Armor
To play spot 2 Dwarves.
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Locked: Each minion skirmishing Bilbo is Locked.
Response: If a card is played during a skirmish involving Bilbo, Lock him to stack that card on a Shire condition.
With that he put on Bilbo a small coat of mail, wrought for some young elf-prince long ago.
H2 R 23

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:16 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
2 Tight Place Shire
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: If there are no Free Peoples cards stacked here, spot Bilbo to stack a Free Peoples card here from hand.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may discard a card stacked here and stack a card from your hand here.
H2 U 183

Not quite sure what to make of this one. Basically expands the size of your hand, letting you keep events accessible, but not clogging your hand. It’s good, but I’m having trouble assessing how balanced it is without using it.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Puzzle Shire
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a Shadow event is played, exert Bilbo to stack it here.
Response: If a card is played with the same title as a card stacked here, spot a Hobbit and discard this condition to cancel its effects and place it beneath its owner’s draw deck.
H2 R 178

Interesting. The wording probably isn’t quite right...I’d suggest "...to stack that event here", and "...to cancel that card’s effects...".

Thranduil wrote:
Artifact • Armor
To play spot 2 Dwarves.
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Response: If a card is played during a skirmish involving Bilbo, Lock him to stack it on a Shire condition.
With that he put on Bilbo a small coat of mail, wrought for some young elf-prince long ago.
H2 R 23

Again, should probably be "that card" instead of simply "it".
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:46 am
Thranduil wrote:
Yeah sorry, I meant to post more cards, but I suddenly realised that I had to go. So here they are:

2 Tight Place Shire
Condition • Support Area
H2 U 183

Hmmm seems excessively good., and non unique is broken.

1 Puzzle Shire
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a card is played with the same title as a card stacked here, spot a Hobbit and discard this condition to cancel that card’s effects and place it beneath its owner’s draw deck.
H2 R 178

Nice idea, really good mechanism, but i dont like the fact u can steal someone events. They should be in their discard in case they want them, this is the worst NPE ive ever seen.

Artifact • Armor
To play spot 2 Dwarves.
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Response: If a card is played during a skirmish involving Bilbo, Lock him to stack that card on a Shire condition.
H2 R 23

Wow thats good. Maybe too good depending on how easy u can unlock it. Again my feelings of stealing peoples cards arent good.

Thranduil
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:18 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Y

2 Tight Place Shire
Condition • Support Area
H2 U 183
interesting... cut cost by 1

1 Puzzle Shire
Condition • Support Area
H2 R 178
I think you could safely cut cost to 0.

Artifact • Armor
To play spot 2 Dwarves.
Bearer must be Bilbo.
H2 R 23

cool!
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards