LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:53 pm
lem0nhead wrote:

Wow thats good. Maybe too good depending on how easy u can unlock it. Again my feelings of stealing peoples cards arent good.

You think that’s bad?

Look at this MtG card.

http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=2026

That’s right. You OWN your opponents card. No kidding. It actually allows you to take actual possession of your opponent’s cards.

I’m not reviewing because I’m no familiar with locking and such, but I had to post that.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:37 am
With regards to Unlocking the Mithril-Coat, you can do it by adding a burden in the maneuver phase and putting on The One Ring.

With regards to lem0n’s note on Tight Place, I’m not sure how it makes much of a difference whether it’s unique or non-unique, you have to stack a card from your hand on each copy.

Other stacking now:

1 Go On In Shire
Event • Fellowship or Regroup
Spot a Shire companion to stack up to 2 Shire events from your hand (or 1 Shire event from your discard pile) on a Shire condition.
’I suppose you will all stay to supper?’ he said in his politest unpressing tones.
H2 C 171

0 Pleasant Memories Shire
Event • Maneuver
Take into hand any number of Shire events stacked on the same Shire condition. You may take the next maneuver action.
... [he] fell to thinking of his far-distant hobbit-hole with its beautiful pantries.
H2 C 177

And a miscellaneous event:

1 Time’s Up Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo wearing The One Ring and Lock it until the regroup phase to choose a Shadow player who must discard their hand unless that player discards a maneuver event from their hand. You may take the next maneuver action.
He tried to sound bold and cheerful, but he did not feel at all sure how the game was going to end...
H2 R 184

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:40 pm
Thranduil wrote:

1 Go On In Shire
Spot a Shire companion to stack up to 2 Shire events from your hand (or 1 Shire event from your discard pile) on a Shire condition.
’I suppose you will all stay to supper?’ he said in his politest unpressing tones.
H2 C 171

Neat.

Quote:
Event • Maneuver
Take into hand any number of Shire events stacked on the same Shire condition. You may take the next maneuver action.
... [he] fell to thinking of his far-distant hobbit-hole with its beautiful pantries.
H2 C 177

Sweeet!

Quote:
1 Time’s Up Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo wearing The One Ring and Lock it until the regroup phase to choose a Shadow player who must discard their hand unless that player discards a maneuver event from their hand. You may take the next maneuver action.
He tried to sound bold and cheerful, but he did not feel at all sure how the game was going to end...
H2 R 184

Whoa. Smackdown on archery decks.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:32 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

1 Go On In Shire
H2 C 171
cool!

Event • Maneuver
H2 C 177
nice

And a miscellaneous event:

1 Time’s Up Shire
Event • Maneuver
H2 R 184

weird...I would up cost 1
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:58 am
Thranduil wrote:
With regards to Unlocking the Mithril-Coat, you can do it by adding a burden in the maneuver phase and putting on The One Ring.

With regards to lem0n’s note on Tight Place, I’m not sure how it makes much of a difference whether it’s unique or non-unique, you have to stack a card from your hand on each copy.

Yeah but with 4 out that means u can cycle your hand faster AND have 4 shire events ready to play from them at any point. Would you consider a non unique flung into the fray broke? I think so. The card is too good to be non unique. It stockpiling events countering clog and helping cycle and getting advantages as well.

Other stacking now:

1 Go On In Shire
H2 C 171

See? this makes it even more broken you can fully load a few of Tight Places and broken city. Scouring of shire means freeps will could have pretty much their entire skirmish events stacked and playable at any time. This card is fine but with Tight places i say its a OP combo.

Event • Maneuver
H2 C 177

Fine.

1 Time’s Up Shire
Event • Maneuver
H2 R 184

Hmmm interesting. Risky again esepcially as on average they probably have nothing of worth left in the maneuver bar a few skirmish events.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:57 pm
Point taken, lem0n, Tight Place is now unique.

Now onto something slightly different, which then ties into what we’ve already been looking at:

1 Sitting and Thinking Shire
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits).
When you play this condition, you may add a Shire token here for each stacked site.
Regroup: Remove a token here to draw a card.
Now he had become the real leader in their adventure. He had begun to have ideas and plans of his own.
H2 C 180

1 New Master Shire
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may add a Shire token here, then reinforce a Shire token for each Shire condition in your support area with a card stacked on it.
Skirmish: If a Shire Ring-bearer is skirmishing, remove 2 tokens from here to make him wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
... suddenly his hand met what felt like a tiny ring of cold metal...
H2 R 176

Note that this provides a way out when you’ve Locked The One Ring using one of the above events.

The next one is what ties the two themes together, also keeping in a theme from the last set of locked conditions to play on Bilbo to Unlock and use with The One Ring, a theme which will be picked up in the next and final Shire cards of this set.

0 Barrel-Rider Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Locked: Maneuver: Remove a Shire token to stack a Shire card from hand on a Shire condition.
Locked: Maneuver: Discard a card stacked on your Shire condition to reinforce a Shire token (or 2 Shire tokens if that card is a site).
’Maybe Barrel was your pony’s name; and maybe not...’
H2 R 170

There was also a Shire token card in The Hobbit, which was:

3 • Fond of Visitors Shire
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add a Shire token here.
Each time you play a Shire event, you may reinforce a Shire token.
Fellowship: Remove 2 tokens from this condition and spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to heal a companion.
’Now we are all here,’ said Gandalf, looking at the row of thirteen hoods... and his own hat hanging on the pegs.
H1 U 257

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:12 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Thranduil wrote:

Now onto something slightly different, which then ties into what we’ve already been looking at:

Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may add a Shire token here for each stacked site you can spot.
Now he had become the real leader in their adventure. He had begun to have ideas and plans of his own.
H2 C 180
Might want to make it unique. Also, stacked cards technically can’t be spotted, so I’d just say "for each stacked site." Could draw a bunch of cards, but I guess you’d have to discard them.

1 New Master Shire
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may add a Shire token here, then reinforce a Shire token for each Shire condition in your support area with a card stacked on it.
Skirmish: If a Shire Ring-bearer is skirmishing, remove 2 tokens from here to make him wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
H2 R 176

Now that I like. Another option for how to put on the ring.

Note that this provides a way out when you’ve Locked The One Ring using one of the above events.

The next one is what ties the two themes together, also keeping in a theme from the last set of locked conditions to play on Bilbo to Unlock and use with The One Ring, a theme which will be picked up in the next and final Shire cards of this set.

0 Barrel-Rider Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Locked: Maneuver: Remove a Shire token to stack a Shire card from hand on a Shire condition.
Locked: Maneuver: Discard a card stacked on your Shire condition to reinforce a Shire token (or 2 Shire tokens if that card is a site).
H2 R 170

Alright... now does the site actually go into the discard pile, or what? Like it, though.

There was also a Shire token card in The Hobbit, which was:

3 • Fond of Visitors Shire
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add a Shire token here.
Each time you play a Shire event, you may reinforce a Shire token.
Fellowship: Remove 2 tokens from this condition and spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to heal a companion.
’Now we are all here,’ said Gandalf, looking at the row of thirteen hoods... and his own hat hanging on the pegs.
H1 U 257

Thranduil
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:23 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
Alright... now does the site actually go into the discard pile, or what? Like it, though.

Discarded sites return to their owner’s adventure decks.

Thanks for your swift review! Changes made though I’ll wait to see what others think before making Sitting and Thinking unique.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

elf lvr
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:21 pm
Thranduil wrote:

Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may add a Shire token here for each stacked site.
H2 C 180

Okie.

Quote:
1 New Master Shire
Condition • Support Area
H2 R 176

Very interesting. It’s alright. It helps with rings that put on during manuever, if you chose not to but find you need to... or rings that have high costs to put on. Nice one!

Quote:
0 Barrel-Rider Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
H2 R 170

Very intersting. Could easily be a support Area condition. Lets you switch your tokens up. Fun!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:04 am
Thranduil wrote:

Condition • Support Area
H2 C 180

This is either really useless or really good depending on if your tactic is site stacking then its too good. I dont know if that balance means its should be unique. Hobbits are not renowned for their ability to draw cards so maybe it should.

1 New Master Shire
Condition • Support Area
H2 R 176

Hmmm im not sure i see the point in this. Might be useful, but i wouldnt use it.

0 Barrel-Rider Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
H2 R 170

Fair enough.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards