LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
NBarden
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:51 pm
I typed in destroy target enchantment in the Gatherer and the first thing I came up with was Absolver Thrull. 39 cards found.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:53 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
And in how many popular decklists from Pre-Lorwyn Standard did you see Absolver Thrull in? Wink
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:40 pm
I’m talking anything that kills enchantments, or permanents. Neck Snap is an instant, meaning that it kills it dead, not kills it until you’re enchantment gets killed.

Plus, it stinks vs Magus of the Disk. Because once you’ve got a couple Oblivion Rings out, they wipe the board completely. Oh, oops, not completely, they’ve got some huge beaters that suddenly enter play. Shocked

Although Oblivion Ring does take care of Indestructible creatures, but I still think that Neck Snap has a place.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:56 pm
What can Neck Snap do against Magus of the Disk, again? At least Oblivion Ring takes care of it, not letting it go off. Well, check today’s article on magicthegathering.com, by Mike Flores, and check a couple of the lists there. See how many Oblivion Rings you can find, and then how many Neck Snaps. Wink
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:41 pm
Yeah, I still like Neck Snap though. With Neck Snap, the creature’s gone. Period. With Oblivion Ring, the creature can come back.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:25 pm
You’re missing the point. With Neck Snap, you can only take out creatures, and ones that happen to attack you, WHILE you have four mana up to respond. Also, unless the creature has haste and you happen to have 4 mana right at the spot, that means they’ve already gotten to untap, before attacking, meaning THEY can respond to Neck Snap as well, say, with a 2-mana Rune Snag? Oblivion Ring can be played right away, to take out a creature before they ever get to untap to use it properly, and it can take out ANY creature, as long as it can be targeted by it’s ability, not only attacking ones. Also, it removes from the game, hosing any reanimation trick, not letting Tarmogoyf or other stuff like it get bigger with a creature hitting the graveyard, AND taking care of indestructible creatures like Stuffy Doll. Aside from all this, Oblivion Ring can also be used to take care of Enchantments and Artifacts before they really come online and spell trouble, and it can outright "kill" a Planeswalker, something Neck Snap doesn’t even dream of doing. Want to use something with a similar effect? If your deck is not made of only weenie creatures, then use Judge Unworthy. Can pack a punch against most beaters anyway, is cheaper and lets you scry, smoothing your draws. Dancing
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)