LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:49 pm
Crud! I totally forgot, but this time I have an excuse (book report! Blech!) but I’ll get them in right away!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:33 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Alright, folks. Sorry for the delay...I was in bed sick most of the day so far. But on with the show!

Here are the entries. Again, remember that the names are still hidden, so don’t assume you’re looking at, say, lem0nhead’s cards first in that matchup just because his name is listed first. Smile

Here they are!

Dáin Ironfoot vs. elf lvr:

Entry #1:

2Rowan of the Golden Crown Gandalf
Ally • Home 2 [Towers] • Tree
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Each time you move from a forest site, you may exert this ally to draw a card.
Skirmish: Place this ally in the dead pile to heal an Ent 3 times.
“‘“Upon your head how golden-red the crown you bore aloft! / O rowan dead, upon your head your hair is dry and grey; / Your crown is spilled, your voice is stilled for ever and a day. / O Orofarnë, Lassemista, Carnimírië!”’”

5Treebeard, Fangorn Gandalf
Companion • Ent
Strength: 12
Signet: Gandalf
Unhasty.
Each time an unbound Hobbit exerts (except during the fellowship phase), you may draw a card.
Skirmish: Exert Treebeard to make another Ent or unbound Hobbit strength +1 (and damage +1 if skirmishing an Isengard minion).
“‘And I am doing the asking. You are in my country. What are you, I wonder?’”

Entry #2:

7Leaflock, Ancient Ent Gandalf
Companion • Ent
Strength: 11
Resistance: 6
Unhasty. Leaflock’s twilight cost is -1 for each Ent you can spot.
Each Tree is strength +1 (or +2 if you can spot a Wizard).
Assignment: Exert a Tree or 2 Ents to allow Leaflock to skirmish.
“‘Leaflock has grown sleepy, almost tree-ish, you might say...covered with leafy hair, he is.’”

AUTHOR’S NOTE: I thought long and hard about either bringing his cost down a little or making him -1 for each Tree as well, but I simply couldn’t do it without completely overshadowing the already-existing Leaflock, in my opinion.

3 Dark Huorn Gandalf
Companion • Tree
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 4
This companion is damage +1 for each Orc and Uruk-hai in its skirmish.
Maneuver: Spot another Tree or an Ent and add 1 to make this companion strength +2 until the regroup phase. Limit once per turn.
“‘There is a great power in them, and they seem able to wrap themselves in shadow....’”

lem0nhead vs. AgentDrake:

Entry #1:

2 Forest Dweller Gandalf
Companion • Tree
Strength: 6
Resistance: 5
While you can spot an Orc or Uruk-hai, this companion gains damage +1 and each companion called Forest Dweller gains hunter 1.
Skirmish: If this companion is not assigned to a skirmish, exert it to replace an Ent skirmishing a minion.
“‘There is a great power in them, and they seem able to wrap themselves in shadow: it is difficult to see them moving. But they do. They can move very quickly, if they are angry.’”

4 Fangorn Guardian Gandalf
Companion • Ent
Each time a companion called Fangorn Guardian takes a wound or exerts (except during the fellowship phase), this companion is strength +1 until the regroup phase.
“"An angry Ent is terrifying.”

Entry #2:

14Watchers of the Forest Gandalf
Companion • Tree
Strength: 10
Damage +1.
Watchers of the Forest is twilight cost -1 and strength +1 for each Ent and Tree you can spot.
Skirmish: Discard two cards from hand to make an Ent strength +1 and damage +1 for each Tree you can spot.
“‘They stand here and there in the wood or under its eaves, silent, watching endlessly... but deep in the darkest dales there are hundreds and hundreds of them....’”

AUTHOR’S NOTE: This is meant to be a really souped-up combination of Huron from Reflections, and Boomed and Trumpeted.

4 Ent Herdsman Gandalf
Companion • Ent
Strength 10
Vitality 4
Resistance 6
Unhasty.
To play, spot an Ent or two unbound Hobbits.
Assignment: Exert an unbound Hobbit or discard 2 cards from hand to allow this companion to skirmish.
Regroup: Exert this companion to discard a wounded minion.
“‘They are the shepherds of the trees... To them you are but the passing tale....’”

Vote for your favorite from each matchup, please (unless you hapeen to be IN one of them, of course! Razz). The winning contestants will move on to the final round!

Voting will end this coming Friday, January 18th around midnight (EST). Have fun, and good luck to all! Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:54 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Alright, folks. Sorry for the delay...I was in bed sick most of the day so far. But on with the show!

Here are the entries. Again, remember that the names are still hidden, so don’t assume you’re looking at, say, lem0nhead’s cards first in that matchup just because his name is listed first. Smile

Here they are!

Entry #1:

“‘“Upon your head how golden-red the crown you bore aloft! / O rowan dead, upon your head your hair is dry and grey; / Your crown is spilled, your voice is stilled for ever and a day. / O Orofarnë, Lassemista, Carnimírië!”’”

Nice. I like it a lot. Too bad nobody would play it thanks to Anduin Confluence. Crying or Very sad

Companion • Ent
Unhasty.
Each time an unbound Hobbit exerts (except during the fellowship phase), you may draw a card.
Skirmish: Exert Treebeard to make another Ent or unbound Hobbit strength +1 (and damage +1 if skirmishing an Isengard minion).

And why would I use him? He’s Unhasty with no way to make him fight!

Entry #2:

Companion • Ent
“‘Leaflock has grown sleepy, almost tree-ish, you might say...covered with leafy hair, he is.’”

Overshadow the existing Leaflock? Nope. He’s unhasty, remember, and the existing Leaflock is IMPOSSIBLE to overshadow. But I like this one.

AUTHOR’S NOTE: I thought long and hard about either bringing his cost down a little or making him -1 for each Tree as well, but I simply couldn’t do it without completely overshadowing the already-existing Leaflock, in my opinion.

3 Dark Huorn Gandalf
Companion • Tree
Maneuver: Spot another Tree or an Ent and add 1 to make this companion strength +2 until the regroup phase. Limit once per turn.
“‘There is a great power in them, and they seem able to wrap themselves in shadow....’”

GARH!!!!! How many times do I have to tell people? If you’re limiting it to once per phase, then make it an "at the start of the maneuver phase" ability, don’t add that clumsy (limit once per turn), which should, BTW, be enclosed in paranthesis. However, I’ll overlook that and vote on the playability, however clumsily worded. I like it a lot. I think it should be strength 6 vitality 4 like the original Huorn, especially because of the pumping ability, but its something I can live with. Very close match, here.

Entry #1:

2 Forest Dweller Gandalf
Companion • Tree
Strength: 6
While you can spot an Orc or Uruk-hai, this companion gains damage +1 and each companion called Forest Dweller gains hunter 1.
Skirmish: If this companion is not assigned to a skirmish, exert it to replace an Ent skirmishing a minion.
“‘There is a great power in them, and they seem able to wrap themselves in shadow: it is difficult to see them moving. But they do. They can move very quickly, if they are angry.’”

Hm...to contingent. I’d just rather use a Huorn. Since when do ents need to be replaced in skirmishes anyways?

4 Fangorn Guardian Gandalf
Companion • Ent
Each time a companion called Fangorn Guardian takes a wound or exerts (except during the fellowship phase), this companion is strength +1 until the regroup phase.
“"An angry Ent is terrifying.”

I think the lore has already been used. Ach. Opposite of the other, this one is too powerful. I can see a deck based on these guys exerting like mad tio do all sorts of things and getting huge in the process, coupled with major healing. Bleach.

Entry #2:

14Watchers of the Forest Gandalf
Companion • Tree
Strength: 10
Damage +1.
Watchers of the Forest is twilight cost -1 and strength +1 for each Ent and Tree you can spot.
Skirmish: Discard two cards from hand to make an Ent strength +1 and damage +1 for each Tree you can spot.
“‘They stand here and there in the wood or under its eaves, silent, watching endlessly... but deep in the darkest dales there are hundreds and hundreds of them....’”

Wow that’s an expensive companion. Gotta love mega guys though. I LOVE THE SKIRMISH ABILITY! Initiative stuff ROCKS! However, he is rather splashable, I’d prefer a spotting requirement.

AUTHOR’S NOTE: This is meant to be a really souped-up combination of Huron from Reflections, and Boomed and Trumpeted.

4 Ent Herdsman Gandalf
Companion • Ent
Strength 10
Vitality 4
Resistance 6
Unhasty.
To play, spot an Ent or two unbound Hobbits.
Assignment: Exert an unbound Hobbit or discard 2 cards from hand to allow this companion to skirmish.
Regroup: Exert this companion to discard a wounded minion.
“‘They are the shepherds of the trees... To them you are but the passing tale....’”

Perfect. Just perfect in every way. I love this. Lore is perfect, everything is perfect.

Vote for your favorite from each matchup, please (unless you hapeen to be IN one of them, of course! Razz). The winning contestants will move on to the final round!

Voting will end this coming Friday, January 18th around midnight (EST). Have fun, and good luck to all! Very Happy

Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I have to echo NBarden. the treebeard killed 1, and the second matchup 2 kicks but.

ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:18 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Not saying whether that Treebeard is mine or not, but I, at least, understand why it can’t skirmish. The fact that it can’t is what makes the lack of spotting requirements alright, and those abilities essentially make him a moving super-ally.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:52 pm
Except that he contributes to the companion count, the rule of 5 (and 9, if you don’t care about the rule of 5), and all the other stuff that makes him sit and clog up valuable companion space. If he was an ally, things would be a lot different.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:53 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Here they are!

Entry #1:

Oh, I like very much. Seriously, how many people actually use ally-hate sites?

Companion • Ent
Unhasty.

Ah, nice, though I would’ve liked some way to make him fight. But he’s still almost worth it anyway, assuming you have something else to make him fight.

Entry #2:

Companion • Ent

Yet another one I like. Great lore that fits the card. (Hey, that stuff’s important!)

3 Dark Huorn Gandalf
Companion • Tree

Aside from the wording NB mentioned, nice and solid, though not wonderfully flavorful like Leaflock.

...I shall refrain from comment, of course.

It’s really close, but I’ll pick 1. Leaflock was really good, but the Huron I didn’t like so much. At least, in comparison to the other three cards.
IMHO, the Treebeard and Rowan together were better than Leaflock and Huron together, though out of the four, Leaflock was the best individually.
If that makes any sense at all Razz
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Anvar
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:37 pm
1] Vote for Entry 2
2] Vote for Entry 1

Anvar
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:11 am
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
My votes:

For the first, I think that Rowan is a beautiful card, so:

For the second, I have trouble putting Hunter and trees together in my mind, so:
Trade With Me, I went to Middle Earth, and all I got was this stupid ring!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:13 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Here they are!

Entry #1:

NB you have some daft arguments, who uses Anduin confluence? No one ive ever faced. You cant dismiss a card because of another, like you wouldnt use eowyn loi because of demoralized! So disregarding ONE card i think this is cool but not amazing.

Companion • Ent
Unhasty.

This time i agree with NB if it was a mistake to not allow an unhasty guy to fight then big mistake. If it was intended i would never use him, he’s just not worth it.

Entry #2:

Companion • Ent

Meh nothing special.

3 Dark Huorn Gandalf
Companion • Tree

Yeah at the start of the maneuver woiuld have been so much nicer this just looks daft. Shame cos i like it otherwise.

Hmm tough voting some nice cards in there with each having something letting it down.

Vote for....

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards