LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:43 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Oh, this is gonna be fun. Very Happy

I should be able to get them by Friday.

Hmm....

Now what to make...?
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:59 am
Wow thank god i got dumped out by Moriarty.

I’d be crap at this as the 6 characters id choose from youve just posted DI! And i havent read anything other than the trilogy and The Hobbit so id be at a huge disadvantage against you, el or the Professor here.

Good luck i look forward to voting!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:39 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Well, as it turns out, Drake actually got his cards in on Tuesday. Ol’ Dáin has been the holdup. Razz

But no more. Here are the cards!

ENTRY #1:

AUTHOR’S NOTE: I picked some rather obscure characters, so minor explanations are included.

2Sancho Proudfoot, Treasure Hunter Shire
Follower
Strength +2
Aid - Add a burden.
Skirmish: Exert bearer and discard this follower to play an artifact or possession on him or her from your draw deck.
“Frodo also had a tussle with young Sancho Proudfoot...who had begun an excavation in the larger pantry, where he thought there was an echo.”

NOTES: I just had to do Sancho. What could be better than a hobbit plundering Bag End? (From when Frodo is giving out the gifts left behind by Bilbo.)

2Fíriel, Elven-Fair Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 4
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 7
Muster.
To play, spot an Elven or Gondor companion.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may reinforce a Free Peoples token.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may remove two Elven or Gondor tokens to make Fíriel strength +4 until the regroup phase.
“‘Fíriel! Fíriel!’ they cried. / ‘Our ship is not full laden. / One more only we may bear. / Come! For your days are speeding. / Come! Earth-maiden elven-fair, / Our last call heeding.’”

NOTES: From The Adventures of Tom Bombadil. She goes out at 3:00 am and talks to some elves sailing down the Anduin to the sea. They invite her to come along, but she doesn’t end up going.

4Thorongil, Advisor to Ecthelion Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Muster.
To play, spot a Gondor companion.
Skirmish: Exert Thorongil to make another Gondor companion strength +1 and damage +1.
Regroup: Remove Thorongil from the game to make the move limit +1 and discard all minions. Each Shadow player may draw a card.
“‘Other tasks now call me, lord, and much time and many perils must pass, ere I come again to Gondor, if that be my fate.’”

NOTES: So this guy is advisor to Ecthelion. Everyone loves him, he’s a brilliant tactician who wipes out the Corsair fleet, then rides off...to Mordor. Alone. Just up and leaves for Mordor with no more explination than the lore. Tolkien never does tell us what that’s all about. Rolling Eyes

ENTRY #2:

AUTHOR’S NOTE: I decided to go with three semi-related characters. All were called upon to help save Minas Tirith (and all of Gondor) in some way, and all answered the call. I’ll take specific notes for each from elsewhere on the ’web. Smile

2Angbor, The Fearless Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Resistance: 6
While you can spot Aragorn or a Gondor Wraith, Angbor is strength +1 and twilight cost -1.
Assignment: Exert Angbor twice to make a Gondor Man defender +1 until the regroup phase.
“‘Angbor of Lamedon came up with all the horsemen that he could muster. Now that the fear of the Dead was removed they came to aid us and to look on the Heir of Isildur....’”

NOTES: Lord of Lamedon who followed the Grey Company. Lamedon was a fiefdom of Gondor south of the White Mountains. On March 11, 3019, Angbor and his Men were fighting the Men of Umbar and Harad at the fords on the River Gilrain near Linhir when Aragorn and the Grey Company arrived leading the Army of the Dead. Men on both sides of the battle fled, but Angbor was brave enough to remain. Aragorn called him Angbor the Fearless and told him to summon his Men and follow the Grey Company to Pelargir.
Angbor did as he was bid, arriving at Pelargir on the night of March 13. Then Aragorn sent him marching north toward Minas Tirith at the head of a company of 4,000 Men of the South while Aragorn himself sailed the fleet seized from the Corsairs up the Anduin.

3Forlong, The Fat Gondor
Companion • Man
Resistance: 6
Forlong’s twilight cost is -X, where X is the current region number.
When you play Forlong (except in your starting fellowship), each other Gondor Man is strength +2 until the regroup phase.
“‘Forlong! True heart, true friend! Forlong!’”

NOTES: Lord of Lossarnach during the War of the Ring. Forlong was very large in girth, earning him the sobriquet Forlong the Fat. At the time of the War of the Ring, he was old and his beard was grey. Forlong was well-loved and admired by the people of Gondor.
Forlong came to Minas Tirith on March 9, 3019. He wore mail and a black helmet and carried a long spear. With him came a company of 200 men to help defend the City. Forlong had to leave many of his men behind to guard Lossarnach from the threat of the Corsairs.
At the Battle of the Pelennor Fields on March 15, Forlong rode out from the City to the aid of the Rohirrim along with Prince Imrahil, Hurin of the Keys, and Hirluin of the Green Hills. Later on, Forlong lost his horse and became separated from his Men. He was killed by Enemy soldiers wielding axes.

His lowering twilight cost is representative of him coming "late to the party", as he did in the story, but still making a splash. And with his ability, he might be better in the late game anyway, since he doesn’t make a huge impact after his initial, inspiring appearance.

2Hirluin, The Fair Gondor
Companion • Man
Knight. To play, spot a Gondor Man.
Each time a Rohan Man takes a wound in a skirmish, you may exert a Gondor Man to wound a minion in that skirmish (or if you exert Hirluin, wound that minion twice).
“‘But the horsemen rode eastward to the succour of Éomer: Húrin the Tall...and Hirluin of the Green Hills....’”

NOTES: Lord of the Green Hills during the War of the Ring. Hirluin led a company of 300 green-clad Men from the Green Hills in southwestern Gondor to the defense of Minas Tirith. They arrived on March 9, 3019. Hirluin fought at the Battle of the Pelennor Fields on March 15. He rode to the aid of Éomer and the Rohirrim along with Prince Imrahil, Hurin of the Keys, and Forlong. Hirluin of the Green Hills was killed during the battle and his name was remembered in a song written by a minstrel of Rohan.

Here, I obviously wanted some Gondor/Rohan synergy. His ability is a bit reliant on the Shadow player, which is why it’s also somewhat powerful. This is EXCELLENT defense against direct wounding and also protecting weaker Rohirrim (like Eowyn).

Alright, folks. This is it, then. Please vote for your favorite, and also please do so by Tuesday, January 29th by midnight (EST).

Good luck, Drake! Very Happy
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:01 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Good luck to you, too.

Funny. Everyone’s a companion. I knew I should’ve done a Castamir the Usurper minion!

On a side note, I myself almost did one of the characters you made.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:26 pm
Some good cards there! Dain’s Thorongil however was much too strong for me, so I’ve got to vote for Drake (even though he has a guy gain defender bonuses in the skirmish phase!).

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:29 pm
And what makes you think I didn’t do Thorongil, Sancho, and Firiel? Laughing

Not that I’m arguing with a vote for me, but....
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:37 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Some good cards there! Dain’s Thorongil however was much too strong for me, so I’ve got to vote for Drake (even though he has a guy gain defender bonuses in the skirmish phase!).

Whoops...missed that upon review. Fixed.

And Drake’s right...each trio could be his OR mine. That’s half the fun...you don’t know whose is whose! Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:27 pm
Heh. Defender+ in the skirmish.
I didn’t even notice....
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:18 pm
Whoops. Well... I vote for entry #2 then, lol. Could’ve sworn that it said "Dain" in big letters for the first entry! Laughing

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:09 pm
The problem with Thorongil is that drawing a card at that point doesn’t make a difference for the Shadow player because they’re about to reconcile anyway. If it allowed them to take some cards back from their discard pile or fetch cards from their draw deck the card would be a lot fairer.

That said, I love the theme of #2 but overall liked the ideas of #1 better, and so that’s where I’m voting.

Tough call though.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards