LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
macheteman
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:19 pm
you got mine right?
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:50 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I have DCs from the following people:

AnxiousChieftain
NBarden
lem0nhead
AgentDrake
macheteman
Anonymous Prodigy
Anvar
WeyounsLastClone
Shieldmaiden
sickofpalantirs
Thranduil

Which means I still need DCs from:

menace64
elf lvr
LeoKula

You’ve got until tomorrow morning, so get ’em in, fellas!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:06 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
No entry from Menace, but everyone else got their DC in JUST in time! Smile So here we go!

For this first round, I’ll take a page from lem0nhead, and NOT post the authors of each version of Ol’ Slimy, but just the entries themselves. I’ll also put them all into "Dáin format" so you can’t easily pick out whose is whose. Mwaha. Twisted Evil Should make things fair.

Entry #1:

14The Balrog, Thing of Slime Moria
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 17
Vitality: 5
Site: 4
Damage +2. Fierce.
When you play The Balrog, discard all other minions.
Each time The Balrog loses a skirmish, you may exert him to add a burden and discard up to 3 cards at random from the Free Peoples player’s hand.
Assignment: Exert The Balrog twice to assign him to an unbound companion. The Free Peoples player may make The Balrog gain enduring to prevent that. “‘…stronger than a strangling snake.’”

Entry #2:

12The Balrog, Strangling Snake Moria
Minion • Balrog
Enduring. Damage +1.
While at an underground site, The Balrog is fierce.
Assignment: Spot Gandalf to assign The Balrog to an unbound companion.
“‘His fire was quenched, but now he was a thing of slime, stronger than a strangling snake. We fought far under the living earth, where time is not counted. Ever he clutched me, and ever I hewed him....’”

Entry #3:

14The Balrog, Keeper of Dark Tunnels Moria
Minion • Balrog
Damage +1. Fierce.
To play, discard a card from hand.
Regroup: Discard all other minions and remove 4 to make the Free Peoples player chose to move again (if the move limit allows.) You may play the fellowship’s next site.
“‘In that despair my enemy was my only hope, and I pursued him, clutching at his heel. Thus he brought me back at last to the secret ways of Khazad-dûm: too well he knew them all.’”

Entry #4:

12The Balrog, Creature of Slime Moria
Minion • Balrog
Enduring. Fierce.
Each time The Balrog wins a skirmish, you may exert him to make a companion strength -3 until the end of the turn.
Assignment: Assign The Balrog to a companion he has already skirmished this turn.
“‘His fire was quenched, but now he was a thing of slime, stronger than a strangling snake.’”

Entry #5:

12The Balrog, Thing of Slime Moria
Minion • Balrog
Site: 5
Enduring. Damage +1.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert The Balrog to play a Shadow condition from your discard pile (or two Shadow conditions if you can spot a Gandalf Wizard).
Regroup: If you can spot no other minions, heal the Balrog four times and discard him to exert each companion and make the Free Peoples player move again (if the move limit allows).
“‘In that despair my enemy was my only hope, and I pursued him, clutching at his heel. Thus he brought me back at last to the secret ways of Khazad-dûm: too well he knew them all. Ever up now we went, until we came to the Endless Stair.’”

Designer Notes: I wanted to do something unique with this guy. Give him a twist on the Balrog like has never been done. So here’s what I came up with. What makes this Balrog unique is that while he’s being killed, he’s still kicking and fighting. What better way to represent that then enduring? He’s still tough, hence damage +1, but he loses his will to fight, thus no fierce. Thus, already, we have a Balrog that is already unique. He’s enduring and not fierce, unlike most other Balrogs. Then for his abilities. Enduring + self-exert = AWESOMNESS, thus, the ability to exert to play a condition and pump himself. But...I didn’t want it getting broken so I limited it (BTW, guys, this is the way to limit abilities to once per phase. Pet peeve, sorry). And then again, I already had something in mind for the regroup ability based of my selection of lore, and a 4 exert maneuver ability = complete FP annihilation. That’s not fair. So, with his sweet regroup ability which (I think) works PERFECTLY with the lore, we have the Balrog in his current state. Useful for nabbing ANY condition, but not as much beatdown as a regular Balrog. On the other hand, if his slimy snake-like body can overwhelm you, that may be better. IF. And then with his killer regroup ability which HAS to work right, I hope I’m in the running.

Entry #6:

12The Balrog, Terror of the Deep Moria
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 13
Lurker. Fierce.
The Balrog is strength +1 for each site on the adventure path.
The Balrog is damage +X, where X is the shadow site number.
“‘Thus he brought me back at last to the secret ways of Khazad-dûm: too well he knew them all.’”

Entry #7:

14The Balrog, Terror Of The Underdeeps Moria
Minion • Balrog
Damage +1. Fierce.
Shadow: If The Balrog is at an underground site, exert him twice to play the fellowship’s next site (replacing your opponent’s if necessary).
“‘Thus he brought me back at last through the secret ways of Khazad-dum; too well he knew them all.’”

Entry #8:

11The Balrog, Creature of Slime Moria
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 14
Site: 6
Fierce.
While at an underground or marsh site, The Balrog is strength +3. Response: If the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may remove a Balrog in your discard pile from the game to play this minion from your discard pile or hand. Its twilight cost is -2 and it gains damage+1.
“‘His fire was quenched, but now he was a thing of slime, stronger than a strangling snake.’”

Editors Notes: His upped site number is because he didn’t appear until slight later than the bridge. The marsh reference is because where else we would he become slimy than from at a marsh? And you can sacrifice your Balrog to get a new one, a slimey one. Wink

Entry #9:

12The Balrog, Creature of Fire and Slime Moria
Minion • Balrog
Damage +2.
Assignment: Exert The Balrog twice to assign him to an unbound companion with strength 7 or more. Unless the current site is underground, the Free Peoples player may discard 3 cards from hand to prevent this.
While The Balrog is skirmishing, skirmish special abilities may not be used (and if at an underground site, skirmishes may not be cancelled and skirmishing characters may not be replaced).
“‘His fire was about me. I was burned. Then we plunged into the deep water and all was dark.’”

Entry #10:

12The Balrog, Creature of Slime and Darkness Moria
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 15
Fierce.
While at a battleground or underground site, skip the archery phase.
While skirmishing a companion with strength 7 or more, The Balrog is damage +1.
The Balrog is strength +1 for each twilight token you can spot (limit +6).
“‘We fought far under the living earth, where time is not counted. Ever he clutched me, and ever I hewed him....’”

Entry #11:

12The Balrog, Fire Beast Moria
Minion • Balrog
Fierce. Damage +1.
When you play the Balrog at Bridge of Khazad Dûm, the Free Peoples player must exert three companions.
Maneuver: Discard The Balrog to discard Gandalf.
“‘The dwarves delved too greedily and too deep.’”

Entry #12:

Minion • Balrog
Fierce. Enduring.
While at an underground site, the Balrog is twilight cost -3.
Each time The Balrog wins a skirmish, you may exert him to prevent the losing character from being assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase.
Regroup: Heal The Balrog twice to exert 2 companions (or each companion if you can spot 6 or more companions).

Entry #13:

8The Balrog, Quenched Moria
Minion • Balrog
Fierce.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may discard all other minions to choose an unbound companion with strength 7 or higher. Until the regroup phase, only that companion can be assigned to skirmishes.
Response: If a player reconciles while the fellowship is at an underground site, return this minion to its owner’s hand.
“‘...but now he was a thing of slime, stronger than a strangling snake.’”

Entry #14:

Minion • Balrog
Fierce.
Response: If The Balrog wins a skirmish in which the character he was skirmishing was not killed, exert The Balrog twice to assign him to that character and begin another skirmish phase involving them immediately.
“‘Ever he clutched me, and ever I hewed him....’”

Please vote for your favorite three, in order, preferrably in this thread (though if you feel compelled to do so via PM, I suppose that’s okay too). Every first place vote will net that entry 3 points, every second place will get 2 votes, and every 3rd will result in--you guessed it!--1 point. Smile

The voting deadline is Wednesday, November 14th. I would kindly request that everyone in the contest please vote, and anyone else is more than welcome to vote as well.

The next challenge will NOT be waiting until Wednesday, since there are no eliminations this time...look for that to start on Monday. Thumbs Up

EDIT: Oh, and no voting for yourself, obviously. Razz I know there are no names, but you should know which one is yours! Laughing
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:50 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:25 pm
Entry #14
Entry #13
Entry #3
I had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:37 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
No entry from Menace, but everyone else got their DC in JUST in time! Smile So here we go!

For this first round, I’ll take a page from lem0nhead, and NOT post the authors of each version of Ol’ Slimy, but just the entries themselves. I’ll also put them all into "Dáin format" so you can’t easily pick out whose is whose. Mwaha. Twisted Evil Should make things fair.

Entry #1:

Minion • Balrog
Damage +2. Fierce.
Each time The Balrog loses a skirmish, you may exert him to add a burden and discard up to 3 cards at random from the Free Peoples player’s hand.
Assignment: Exert The Balrog twice to assign him to an unbound companion. The Free Peoples player may make The Balrog gain enduring to prevent that. “‘…stronger than a strangling snake.’”

I like this alot, but he’s just to overpowered. Win, almost certain death, lose, picking apart the FP. And what’s worse, he gets to pick who he fights or he gets a strength +8 ability b/c he can use it twice.

Entry #2:

Minion • Balrog
Enduring. Damage +1.
“‘His fire was quenched, but now he was a thing of slime, stronger than a strangling snake. We fought far under the living earth, where time is not counted. Ever he clutched me, and ever I hewed him....’”

To weak. I’d take Terror of Flame and Shadow over this any day.

Entry #3:

Minion • Balrog
Damage +1. Fierce.
Regroup: Discard all other minions and remove 4 to make the Free Peoples player chose to move again (if the move limit allows.) You may play the fellowship’s next site.
“‘In that despair my enemy was my only hope, and I pursued him, clutching at his heel. Thus he brought me back at last to the secret ways of Khazad-dûm: too well he knew them all.’”

I like it a lot. Forced March for Moria. Although with a hefty drawback. I guess he could hit the table alone and then force a heap of twilight, but it would be a lot better with some sort of twilight reduction. As is, 14 is to high priced.

Entry #4:

Minion • Balrog
Enduring. Fierce.
Each time The Balrog wins a skirmish, you may exert him to make a companion strength -3 until the end of the turn.
Assignment: Assign The Balrog to a companion he has already skirmished this turn.

NO! Wow! That is way OP! Enduring, and after he wins a skirmish, he gets str +2 and the companion gets str -3. Easy overwhelm! If the double damage doesn’t kill him already!

Entry #5:

Minion • Balrog
Enduring. Damage +1.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert The Balrog to play a Shadow condition from your discard pile (or two Shadow conditions if you can spot a Gandalf Wizard).
Regroup: If you can spot no other minions, heal the Balrog four times and discard him to exert each companion and make the Free Peoples player move again (if the move limit allows).
“‘In that despair my enemy was my only hope, and I pursued him, clutching at his heel. Thus he brought me back at last to the secret ways of Khazad-dûm: too well he knew them all. Ever up now we went, until we came to the Endless Stair.’”

Designer Notes: I wanted to do something unique with this guy. Give him a twist on the Balrog like has never been done. So here’s what I came up with. What makes this Balrog unique is that while he’s being killed, he’s still kicking and fighting. What better way to represent that then enduring? He’s still tough, hence damage +1, but he loses his will to fight, thus no fierce. Thus, already, we have a Balrog that is already unique. He’s enduring and not fierce, unlike most other Balrogs. Then for his abilities. Enduring + self-exert = AWESOMNESS, thus, the ability to exert to play a condition and pump himself. But...I didn’t want it getting broken so I limited it (BTW, guys, this is the way to limit abilities to once per phase. Pet peeve, sorry). And then again, I already had something in mind for the regroup ability based of my selection of lore, and a 4 exert maneuver ability = complete FP annihilation. That’s not fair. So, with his sweet regroup ability which (I think) works PERFECTLY with the lore, we have the Balrog in his current state. Useful for nabbing ANY condition, but not as much beatdown as a regular Balrog. On the other hand, if his slimy snake-like body can overwhelm you, that may be better. IF. And then with his killer regroup ability which HAS to work right, I hope I’m in the running.[/b]

I think it works out pretty well. Shadow is redundant, since you can’t play FP conditions. I think that the lack of fierce and his toned down regroup ability means he can be used ONLY in the right deck, limiting his abilities.

Entry #6:

Minion • Balrog
Lurker. Fierce.
“‘Thus he brought me back at last to the secret ways of Khazad-dûm: too well he knew them all.’”

Whoa. Odd, but balanced. Crazily. Lower site number seems to fit here.

Entry #7:

Minion • Balrog
Damage +1. Fierce.
Shadow: If The Balrog is at an underground site, exert him twice to play the fellowship’s next site (replacing your opponent’s if necessary).
“‘Thus he brought me back at last through the secret ways of Khazad-dum; too well he knew them all.’”

Perfectly balanced. I mean perfect.

Entry #8:

Minion • Balrog
Fierce.
While at an underground or marsh site, The Balrog is strength +3. Response: If the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may remove a Balrog in your discard pile from the game to play this minion from your discard pile or hand. Its twilight cost is -2 and it gains damage+1.

Editors Notes: His upped site number is because he didn’t appear until slight later than the bridge. The marsh reference is because where else we would he become slimy than from at a marsh? And you can sacrifice your Balrog to get a new one, a slimey one. Wink

Hm...I woulda made him a tentacle. That woulda been fun with the marsh thing.

Entry #9:

Minion • Balrog
Damage +2.
Assignment: Exert The Balrog twice to assign him to an unbound companion with strength 7 or more. Unless the current site is underground, the Free Peoples player may discard 3 cards from hand to prevent this.
While The Balrog is skirmishing, skirmish special abilities may not be used (and if at an underground site, skirmishes may not be cancelled and skirmishing characters may not be replaced).
“‘His fire was about me. I was burned. Then we plunged into the deep water and all was dark.’”

ARGH! The wording hurts my eyes! Completely messed up.

Entry #10:

Minion • Balrog
Fierce.
“‘We fought far under the living earth, where time is not counted. Ever he clutched me, and ever I hewed him....’”

Love it. Also perfectly balanced.

Entry #11:

Minion • Balrog
Fierce. Damage +1.
When you play the Balrog at Bridge of Khazad Dûm, the Free Peoples player must exert three companions.

Perfect. I love the tie in with thematic elements. But...he was supposed to be a slime rog...

Entry #12:

Minion • Balrog
Fierce. Enduring.
Each time The Balrog wins a skirmish, you may exert him to prevent the losing character from being assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase.
Regroup: Heal The Balrog twice to exert 2 companions (or each companion if you can spot 6 or more companions).

Perfect. Just perfect.

Entry #13:

Minion • Balrog
Fierce.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may discard all other minions to choose an unbound companion with strength 7 or higher. Until the regroup phase, only that companion can be assigned to skirmishes.
Response: If a player reconciles while the fellowship is at an underground site, return this minion to its owner’s hand.

To cheap. Other than that, awesome.

Entry #14:

Minion • Balrog
Fierce.
Response: If The Balrog wins a skirmish in which the character he was skirmishing was not killed, exert The Balrog twice to assign him to that character and begin another skirmish phase involving them immediately.

BROKEN!!!!!!!!! BROKEN!!!!!!!!!! Auto reassign twice, and then fierce?

Please vote for your favorite three, in order, preferrably in this thread (though if you feel compelled to do so via PM, I suppose that’s okay too). Every first place vote will net that entry 3 points, every second place will get 2 votes, and every 3rd will result in--you guessed it!--1 point. Smile

The voting deadline is Wednesday, November 14th. I would kindly request that everyone in the contest please vote, and anyone else is more than welcome to vote as well.

The next challenge will NOT be waiting until Wednesday, since there are no eliminations this time...look for that to start on Monday. Thumbs Up

EDIT: Oh, and no voting for yourself, obviously. Razz I know there are no names, but you should no which one is yours! Laughing

Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:24 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:01 am
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Trade With Me, I went to Middle Earth, and all I got was this stupid ring!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.
macheteman
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:13 pm
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:11 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Entry #1:

Minion • Balrog
Damage +2. Fierce.
so many problems with this cards. needs until the regroup phase on the assignment ability. the first ability does nothing. you just need to play him first...

Entry #2:

Minion • Balrog
Enduring. Damage +1.
better...

Entry #3:

Minion • Balrog
Damage +1. Fierce.
nah. I don’t see slimy Wink

Entry #4:

Minion • Balrog
Enduring. Fierce.
meh...I guess.

Entry #5:

Minion • Balrog
Enduring. Damage +1.
good luck fitting that on a card...I am guessing dain or lem0n. monster designer notes. its certainly different, but the chord it strikes with me isn’t a good one.

Entry #6:

Minion • Balrog
Lurker. Fierce.
nah... no slime

Entry #7:

Minion • Balrog
Damage +1. Fierce.
again where is the slime?

Entry #8:

Minion • Balrog
Fierce.
I like the marsh idea...kinda

Entry #9:

Minion • Balrog
Damage +2.
some slime at least. I like it

Entry #10:

Minion • Balrog
Fierce.
he can get pretty nast fighting solo...I likey

Entry #11:

Minion • Balrog
Fierce. Damage +1.
SLIME WE NEED SLIME!

Entry #12:

Minion • Balrog
Fierce. Enduring.
ouch. way to OP

Entry #13:

Minion • Balrog
Fierce.
I like it

Entry #14:

Minion • Balrog
Fierce.

1st.13
2nd 10
3rd. 9
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:43 pm
#1 wrote:
Minion • Balrog
Damage +2. Fierce.

Yep, SoP pointed out some wording problems, and I agree. Plus, the fact that you can do the assignment action twice with a +8 strength bonus to this guy probably makes him too good, and discarding cards at random is a bit of an NPE and should be avoided at all costs. But, you’ve got to love Balrog corruption! Razz

#2 wrote:
Minion • Balrog
Enduring. Damage +1.

I like the idea of enduring on this slimy, relentless Balrog, and though the assignment action fits well with the flavour, I think this guy is not good enough when you can’t spot Gandalf and too good when you can. A balance would have been nice, say paying a different cost (instead of spotting Gandalf) and giving the Free Peoples player a way out.

#3 wrote:
Minion • Balrog
Damage +1. Fierce.

I don’t understand the discarding a card thing and it seems an unnecessary cost for someone who already appears to be overcosted. Still, without that and at 12, this is a solid slimy card!

#4 wrote:
Minion • Balrog
Enduring. Fierce.

Perhaps an exertion ability on an enduring Balrog with that power is too much. If it was -1, or just the exertion, it would have been very cool, and I like his assignment ability a lot!

#5 wrote:
Minion • Balrog
Enduring. Damage +1.

If you’re going to have an extra thing for Gandalf Wizard, it might as well say ’Gandalf’, then saving space and keeping closer with the theme, though I might be tempted to remove the brackets altogether. I’m not sure how you can guarantee the other 3 wounds needed for the regroup ability, but I guess if you can pull it off, it’s worth it! Also, wouldn’t mind knowing why his site number was increased.

#5 wrote:
(BTW, guys, this is the way to limit abilities to once per phase. Pet peeve, sorry).

Couldn’t agree more! Applause

#6 wrote:
Minion • Balrog
Lurker. Fierce.

Very cool, except that I’m unsure that it keeps within the theme of The Balrog. After all, he’s at his peak at sites 4 and 5, but this guy keeps getting stronger. I might have limited the first ability to work only while in region 2, or perhaps made it underground sites instead. Plus, the word ’site’ is superfluous in the second ability, and ’Shadow’ should have a capital ’S’. Overall, however, a very cool card.

#7 wrote:
Minion • Balrog
Damage +1. Fierce.

Works fantastically given the lore. On the other hand, the ability could easily have been Shadow or Regroup, and it’s a shame that it isn’t.

#8 wrote:
Minion • Balrog
Fierce.

Needs an ’until the regroup phase’, and though the marsh thing is interesting, I think I would have removed it. On the other hand, I love how other Balrogs turn into this guy when they get doused in water! That’s a great mechanic. Not sure why he needed to cost 11, I think I would have kept with 12 just for tradition’s sake!

#9 wrote:
Minion • Balrog
Damage +2.

There’s probably far too much text on this card, but I don’t think the wording is that ’messed up’ as NB says. It’s an interesting grappling concept (an unsurprisingly recurring theme among these DCs given DI’s instructions and the lore), but I suspect it would be more groggable without the get-out clause or the underground stuff.

#10 wrote:
Minion • Balrog
Fierce.

Like the first 2 abilities, not so impressed by the third. I can understand the twilight representing the darkness etc. but there’s just no unity to this card - I’m totally unsure what it’s trying to do. If the third line referenced the same theme as the second, I’d be a lot happier.

#11 wrote:
Minion • Balrog
Fierce. Damage +1.

Interesting abilities and keeping with the flavour, but unfortunately too limited to actually see much use. If the first ability triggered at all underground sites and the second was any companion, then with a get-out clause, it would be a lot more useful.

#12 wrote:
Minion • Balrog
Fierce. Enduring.

’Or more’ is superfluous, but never mind. Interesting ability, but I think missing the point of the strangling snake. If he’s that strangling, why would he let go of a character like that? I think the theme of grappling onto characters works much better in that respect. However, that’s not to say it isn’t a good card. Oh yes, and I’d want to know why his site number was increased.

#13 wrote:
Minion • Balrog
Fierce.

It’s a very interesting concept on this card, and very innovative, with a spectacular subtitle, but he’s probably too cheap. I think I’d reduce his vitality to 4 at least for 8. Oh, and same note as above on the site number.

#14 wrote:
Minion • Balrog
Fierce.

I can’t see this being as OP as people are suggesting. A lot of decks could easily put 4 wounds on him before the skirmish phase (for example, Elven, Gondor, Rohan) and others will be able to just straight out beat him in a fight (for example, Durin III, Telepathy). That said, it could be very dangerous, so I think a get-out clause is probably worthwhile.

So, after that long and arduous journey, here are my votes:

1) #13
2) #8
3) #6

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards