LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » King Block
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:15 pm
Format: Return of the King Block

Ring-bearer and Ring
Frodo, Wicked Masster!
The One Ring, Such a Weight to Carry

Adventure Path
Edoras Hall
Rohirrim Camp
Hall of the Kings
Anduin Banks
Steward’s Tomb
Minas Tirith Fourth Circle
Osgiliath Crossing
Morgul Vale
Dagorlad

Free Peoples (30)
Eowyn, Dernhelm (starting)
Eomer, Skilled Tactician (starting)
Theoden, Tall and Proud
Rohirrim Army
Deor
Leowyn
Elite Rider x2
Long Spear x4
Swift Steed x2
Firefoot, Eomer’s Steed
Snowmane
Rohirrim Javelin x4
Riding Armor x2
Fey He Seemed x4
Morning Came x4

Shadow (30)
Advance Captain x3
Advance Marauder x3
Advance Regular x3
Advance Scout x2
Cirith Ungol Guard x3
Cirith Ungol Sentinel x4
Cirith Ungol Sentry x4
Shagrat, Captain of Cirith Ungol x2
Flames Within x2
Rank and File x4

Free Peoples Strategy
This Rohirrim deck is a very solid beatdown variant. Get out several big companions loaded up with all their possessions, and your opponent will have a hard time winning skirmishes.

Eomer is great for retrieving skirmish events, and he can also bring back possessions (very helpful if Corsairs are around). Eowyn is a good fighter - against a Southron on a Mumakil, she is 10 strength without any help from other cards. The rest of the companions all help out in various ways.

In addition to the normal possessions, I included 8 skirmish events. They are very handy.

Shadow Strategy

Sauron Uruks are a very, very strong strategy. The object is to play a Rank and File, and then load it up with tokens. Once it’s got a bunch of tokens, you can easily make all your minions win their skirmishes, and each Uruk is capable of being damage +2 and fierce.

Flames Within is a nice little strength boost, and doesn’t cost any twilight.

It’s also possible to swarm a bit - the Sentries and Guards are fairly cheap, and the Sentinels can be free. If you can manage to get a minion on Frodo, then Rank and File will make sure that Frodo doesn’t live very long.

All of the Advance minions have their uses. Advance Captain is the best, giving all your minions an extra damage +1. Advance Regular complements him nicely, making your minions fierce. Advance Marauder is a great strength boost. Advance Scout is good at the later sites, since he will make your Uruks roaming again.

As always, please give me your thoughts, and remember that this is a RotK block deck.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
ingold55
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:05 am
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
looks good! there are a few things i would add and/or switch though. long spear change 2 out for rider’s spear. the damage comes in handy. Smile throw in hergurim or what ever you call theoden’s sword. drop one elite rider and replace with veteran horse man or hrethel rider of rohan. mabey add one or two they sang as they slew.

your minions i like for the most part. the things i don’t like is there is no weapons. i would add one or two vile blade, and one or two orc scimitar. mabye throw in one host of udun, and one orc archer troop. but you deck looks good! Smile
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Cobra
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:05 am
It’s a King Block deck. Rolling Eyes
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:33 am
Like Cobra said, this is a King block deck. I mentioned it at the beginning of the decklist, and at the end. Guess it wasn’t enough though, heh. Smile
ingold55 wrote:
your minions i like for the most part. the things i don’t like is there is no weapons. i would add one or two vile blade, and one or two orc scimitar. mabye throw in one host of udun, and one orc archer troop. but you deck looks good! Smile

I think you’re kind of missing the point of the deck. I don’t use weapons, because Rank and File adds enough strength. And Host of Udun would be worthless - he costs way too much to have any use in a deck that doesn’t add threats. Orc Archer Troop also wouldn’t help, because this isn’t an archery deck.

Thanks anyways. Smile
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Hazael
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:04 pm
Looks good.

I would really, really love to play against your minion deck with my strategic wound rangers Wink
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
ingold55
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:04 pm
ok, i think veteran horseman would be good in the deck, and if i am correct, it is RotK.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:20 pm
ingold55 wrote:
ok, i think veteran horseman would be good in the deck, and if i am correct, it is RotK.

He’s okay, but I’ve used him and he’s not as good as he seems.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:28 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I liked the deck. Using roaming Sauron minions is cool.
I also am a fan of Uruks but have never used Sauron Uruks.
I may try to though after seeing this deck. Very Happy
Pipsqueak
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:09 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
Beasty fellowship side. I like it.
Long live the southern bros. Homage
ingold55
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:16 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
ingold55 wrote:

He’s okay, but I’ve used him and he’s not as good as he seems.

he is in my deck. Smile

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » King Block