LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Celebrimbor
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:38 pm
Time frame: Sauron has just crafted the One Ring and is on his quest to take control of all the other rings of power! The Lords all of middle-earth have united against Sauron’s legions to do battle. History is in the making!

All right, my first serious attempts in joining this new realm. I hope this’ll be fun.

This set is titled Lords and Legions (thanks for the suggestion, m64), and is about, Lords and legions.

Lords are the good guys. Legions are the bad guys. I’ll start off with two spoiler characters:

5 •Gil-galad Lord of all Elves Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 9
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 6
Lord.
To play, spot 2 Lords.
Skirmish: Play an Elven possession or artifact on Gil-galad and exert him to wound a minion he is skirmishing twice. (limit once per turn)
...and of his name, it means Star-Tree.

20 •Mighty Legion of Sauron Sauron
Minion • Orc
Strength: 20
Vitality: 5
Site Number: 6
Legion. Fierce. Damage +1.
For each other Legion minion you can spot, this minion is twilight -1.
Many, many orcs...flowing out the gates of Mordor...

All right! If you have noticed that I haven’t defined what the loaded keywords Lord and Legion are, this is on purpose.

Tell me what you think they should be, to be worth being included in Lords and Legions.
Last edited by Celebrimbor on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:18 pm; edited 4 times in totalMy Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
NBarden
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:42 pm
Celebrimbor wrote:
Time frame: Sauron has just crafted the One Ring and is on his quest to take control of all the other rings of power! The Lords all of middle-earth have united against Sauron’s legions to do battle. History is in the making!

All right, my first serious attempts in joining this new realm. I hope this’ll be fun.

This set is titled Lords and Legions (thanks for the suggestion, m64), and is about, Lords and legions.

Lords are the good guys. Legions are the bad guys. I’ll start off with two spoiler characters:

Companion • Elf
Resistance: 8
Lord.
Each other Lord is strength +1.
Skirmish: Play an Elven card on Gil-galad to discard a minion he is skirmishing. (limit once per phase)

And...I thought that nobody made more broken DCs than I did. TONE IT DOWN MAN! Maybe to exert?

11 •Mighty Legion of Sauron
Minion • Orc
Strength: 25
All other minions gain Legion.

I...start in horror at the brokeness of this card. THE BALROG IS LESS POWERFUL AND MORE EXPENSIVE! THIS THING IS BIGGER THAN SAURON!

Perhaps...18?

All right! If you have noticed that I haven’t defined what the loaded keywords Lord and Legion are, this is on purpose.

Tell me what you think they should be, to be worth being included in Lords and Legions.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:53 pm
*Echoes NB’s comments.*
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:55 pm
Celebrimbor wrote:
Companion • Elf
Lord.
Skirmish: Play an Elven card on Gil-galad to discard a minion he is skirmishing. (limit once per phase)

That ability is a bit powerful. I would make it exert him once too. Thumbs Up

Celebrimbor wrote:
Minion • Orc

It needs a culture. Razz Plus, there is no cultural enforcement. It needs a spotting requirement, or something like removing a threat when it is played. Plus, I’d drop the strength to 21 or so. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:29 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I echo everyone else on the exerting with Gil-Galad.

On the Mighty Legion, I’d either up the cost alot, or really drop the strength.
Or else have something like "to play, remove 3 threats."
But don’t just take whatever costs I suggest. I’m terrible at getting the costs right.

Not bad for your first DCs!

As for the Keywords...
um....
No idea.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:33 pm
Lord: Each Legion is strength +1.
Legion: Each Lord is strength +1.

Intricate combo, methinks, and would see use.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
menace64
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 pm
NBarden has a pretty interesting idea (and it would help illustrate the futility of war lol).

In fact, if you don’t run with that idea, I’d say just keep them unloaded.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:21 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Celebrimbor wrote:
\
Companion • Elf
Lord.
make it elven possession, and wound a minion he is skirmishing.

Minion • Orc

cut strength to 19.

I would just make the keywords unloaded. I think Lost Heir had a keyword of Lord...search for threads started by him.

EDIT: here it is

Lord: While you cannot spot a minion not assigned to a skirmish, this character is strength +2.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:17 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
Not bad for your first DCs!

As for the Keywords...
um....
No idea.

Yeah these first guys are a little rough around the edges. But, we’ll see more improvements in the future.

I can see that my weakness in DC’ing is gonna be hugely broken cards...but what are you guys here for?

OK editing Gil-galad and the Legion, maybe I’ll change the wording around a bit, also.

BTW I think it will be best to keep Lord and Legion unloaded keywords. Much better opportunities that way, methinks. Smile
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:23 pm
Companion • Elf
Lord.
Skirmish: Play an Elven possession or artifact on Gil-galad and exert him to discard a minion he is skirmishing. (limit once per turn)

20 •Mighty Legion of Sauron Sauron
Minion • Orc
Strength: 20
For each other Legion minion you can spot, this minion is twilight -1.

Toned down Gil-galad significantly, limiting his ability to once per turn.

Upped the twilight a lot for the Might legion, and reduced strength, and changed his ability due to the fact that Legion is unloaded now. Keep in mind that these are just promotionals. I plan to have at least a 100-card set, no rarities. The One Ring is coming soon!
My Trading List

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards