LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:20 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Celebrimbor wrote:
5 •Gil-galad Lord of all Elves Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 9
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Lord.
Each other Lord is strength +1.
Skirmish: Play an Elven possession or artifact on Gil-galad and exert him to discard a minion he is skirmishing. (limit once per turn)
...and of his name, it means Star-Tree.
hum...I still think it should be wound. denying them the twilight from the possession is good enough, so a wound would be good

20 •Mighty Legion of Sauron Sauron
Minion • Orc
Strength: 20
Vitality: 5
Site Number: 6
Legion. Fierce. Damage +1.
For each other Legion minion you can spot, this minion is twilight -1.
Many, many orcs...flowing out the gates of Mordor...

twilight COST -1.you can safely cut the cost 4, even with the ability. sauron is 16(18?) so 16 would be fine with twilight deduction. I like what you are getting at (concepts and all), you just need more experience
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:09 am
Celebrimbor wrote:
Companion • Elf
Lord.
Skirmish: Play an Elven possession or artifact on Gil-galad and exert him to discard a minion he is skirmishing. (limit once per turn)

Make it at the star of the skirmish and wound, then add a huge spotting requirement on Gil-Galad (like 3 Elves or 3 Lords) while bringing his resistance down to 6 and he might be balanced.

Celebrimbor wrote:
Minion • Orc

Are there any legion companions? If not, then you don’t need to say minion, and ’legion’ doesn’t need to be capitalised (it’s like ’hunter’ or ’fierce’). Oh and take his vitality down to 4 - 5 is for Balrogs and Maia!

As regarding keywords, it’s clear from the title of your set that lord and legion have to intertwine. How about something to do with assignments (that’s always good - lurker’s one of my favourite keywords!)?

Lord suggests nobility or heroism, so how about something when they’re the only ones assigned to a skirmish? Or when they’re fighting minions of a certain strength higher than them, or of a certain strength?

Legion suggests masses and swarms, so how about something to do with assigning multiple minions to the same companion? Or getting a bonus when other minions are assigned? Or giving a penalty companions they’re not assigned to?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:16 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I still like them best unloaded.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:52 pm
Yeah I’d have to agree with SoP for now. I mean, those keywords will do just fine unloaded.

OK I’ll edit Gil-galad and the Mighty Legion a bit. And for now, what better time than this is introducing the first card in the set, The One Ring?

•The One Ring, Only Fair Work of Sauron Ring
Vitality: +1
Maneuver: Discard a free peoples card from play to wear the One Ring until the end of the regroup phase.
While wearing the One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
While not wearing the One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a burden, you may wound the ring-bearer or add a threat instead.
"I will not suffer any harm to be done to this thing...Of all the works of Sauron the only fair"

Tell me if you think this is way too broken.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
AgentDrake
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:37 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Well, coming from someone with almost zero ability to balance things, I would say that allowing threats instead of burdens could be a problem, although I think I like the wounding. *Maybe* make it exert twice, because it’s (generally) easier to heal than to remove burdens.

Or else add some sort of resistance -loss or make it add two burdens while wearing the ring.
I like the cost to wear, though.

Interesting. GP for a creative way to put it on.

...at least, I don’t think any one else has used that before. But then, I could be wrong.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:50 am
Celebrimbor wrote:
Companion • Elf
Lord.

Muuuuuch better but i still think its too powerful. You can transfer a possession from him next turn so he is freed up again. and you can discard the rog, sauron or anything each turn.

Minion • Orc

Yeah this guy is ok.

Maneuver: Discard a free peoples card from play to wear the One Ring until the end of the regroup phase.
While wearing the One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
While not wearing the One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a burden, you may wound the ring-bearer or add a threat instead.
"I will not suffer any harm to be done to this thing...Of all the works of Sauron the only fair"

Tell me if you think this is way too broken.

Yeah. In a word. Its a great idea and is certainly a cool mechanism but definately not balanced. Basically this stop corruption decks dead. I like how you wear it and i like an ability that relies on you not wearing it, but as it is, its not balanced.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 pm
Celebrimbor wrote:

debating the balance. this would be the common one right? if so, fine. if it is supposed to be the "rare" one it needs to be better.
"DáinIronfoot"
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:19 pm
I still think that Gil-Galad needs to be toned down. He should have a huge spotting requirement - I think 2 or 3 lords is best - and then bringing his resistance down to 6, as I don’t think he deserves such a high resistance anyway.

On the Ring, the first two lines are great but the third is I think far too good. Keeping with the theme, you could convert wounds into threats without wearing the ring, or burdens to 2 wounds or 2 threats (not both), but any less than that I think will be too good. The idea is very interesting though.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Celebrimbor
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:16 pm
OK Gil-galad finally Toned way down. He has a spotting requirement of 2 Lords to play. In addition, instead of discarding the minion, he wounds it twice.

SoP: Yes I guess this ring is more or less on the "rare" side. in what way would you suggest it be better?
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Celebrimbor
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:18 pm
Sorry for the double-post.

I know what I want the Lord keyword to be. It is a loaded keyword, and does this:

Each Lord not the same culture of this lord is strength +1. Simple, but powerful.

So, if you have a dwarf lord, an elf lord, and a gondor lord in play, they will all have a str +3 bonus.
My Trading List

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards