LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:22 pm
Here’s an idea.

Legion For each Lord of the same culture as this character, this character is strength +1.

OR

Legion For each minion you can spot, this minion is strength +1.

OR

Legion This character counts as two companions. (And make it uber-powered and defender +1).

And it can have to do with FP, like Army of Gondor or Garrison of Minas Tirith.

I like the ring, but I think that maybe you should give it a strength +2 bonus instead.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Celebrimbor wrote:
Sorry for the double-post.

I know what I want the Lord keyword to be. It is a loaded keyword, and does this:

Each Lord not the same culture of this lord is strength +1. Simple, but powerful.

So, if you have a dwarf lord, an elf lord, and a gondor lord in play, they will all have a str +3 bonus.

I’m not convinced - I’m generally not a big fan of keywords that just add to your strength in given situations. More interesting keywords like defender +X, damage +X, lurker and muster I think make for far better mechanics and more interesting design opportunity. Yours could certainly work, but it’s not striking a cord with me - I think it might be too powerful and slightly too complicated.

Also, keywords with numbers are almost always better than keywords without!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:44 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
heres my idea Lord-[culture] Each companion of [culture] is resistance +1.

or

Lord-[culture] Each companion of [culture] gains muster.

(represents their ability to bring armies together.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:49 pm
OK SoP you gave me an idea.

Lord- Elven Muster.

The italics specifies game text that lords of the named culture gain. Like that Idea? that way it could change card-to-card.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:11 pm
Celebrimbor wrote:
OK SoP you gave me an idea.

Lord- Elven Muster.

The italics specifies game text that lords of the named culture gain. Like that Idea? that way it could change card-to-card.

So with that ability, all Elven characters would gain muster? Very interesting, I think I like it!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:02 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Very interesting. You might want to add a sort of inherent cost, like an exertion or burden to get the bonus, or something, because it could easily get out of hand, but I love your idea. (Or you could just not let it get too out of hand, which would probably be simpler.)

Actually, if I hadn’t already gotten as far as I am in Children of Hurin,. I’d probably steal that idea and use it myself....
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:02 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
no, it means that other elven lords gain muster, so if I am correct, you could have Lord-Elven Damage+1
any keyword whatsoever. of course it would need to be balanced and all but I like where it is going
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:26 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
no, it means that other elven lords gain muster, so if I am correct, you could have Lord-Elven Damage+1
any keyword whatsoever. of course it would need to be balanced and all but I like where it is going

Ah, if it only applies to lords then I don’t like it as much. If it applies to all other characters, then it could be a really great mechanism indicating leadership etc.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

NBarden
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:00 pm
I would say that’s great! How about something like...

Elven Lord- muster (Each legion gains muster).

AND

Elven Legion- muster. (Each Lord gains muster).

What’s a Lord without his legion? And what’s a Legion without his Lord?

I think that would be cool.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anvar
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:51 am
Lord implies dominion over those who are not Lords. If that is the name of the mechanic, then like the Lords in Magic it makes sense for them to give each other character of that culture or race an ability. It doesn’t make sense to me that Lords should work well together per se.

I like the the idea of Elven Lord - Muster (each other Elven character in play gains muster) .

A very open mechanic which makes sense given the background.

I also like the idea of companions with Legion counting as two companions for rule of 9.

Anvar

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards