LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:
no, it means that other elven lords gain muster, so if I am correct, you could have Lord-Elven Damage+1
any keyword whatsoever. of course it would need to be balanced and all but I like where it is going

Ah, if it only applies to lords then I don’t like it as much. If it applies to all other characters, then it could be a really great mechanism indicating leadership etc.

Thranduil

valid point. if it would apply to all non-lord elven characters, we are on to something.

legion needs to be different methinks though
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:28 pm
Looks like I’m going to have to stop DC’ing for a bit here...

sickofpalantirs wrote:
no, it means that other elven lords gain muster, so if I am correct, you could have Lord-Elven Damage+1
any keyword whatsoever. of course it would need to be balanced and all but I like where it is going

Thranduil[/quote]

Lord-Elven Damage+1 - Means that all Elven characters get the added keyword after Lord keyword. Multiple cultures can add to it, such as this:

Lord-Elven Gondor Dwarven Damage+1.
Not sure if that’s a good idea, just want to see what everyone thinks bout this.

sickofpalantirs wrote:

valid point. if it would apply to all non-lord elven characters, we are on to something.

legion needs to be different methinks though

Yeah still thinking about the Legion, here.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:38 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I would limit it to one culture, and to non-lords. actually a could idea, to prevent brokenness would be to make the culture they help NOT their culture. So instead of just ssticking in Gil-gal for a quick damage bonus in your elf deck (and he can bear a bow) you have to sacrifice one of your gondor companions to get the bonus. it would encourage 2-3 culture decks...
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:04 pm
I basically agree with everything SoP said, but it would be cool to have some guys that support their own culture, even though their abilities might have to be slightly worse to balance it.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
mm doughnuts
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:04 pm
Echo Thranduil Thumbs Up
Only those who are awesome are able to comprehend the sheer super-special-awesomeness of this signature.
Trade With Me!
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:45 pm
OKay, so I could make LORD affect all lords of other cultures. sounds cool. So, here’s how Lord works: The keyword after the lord keyword applies the companion, plus all other lords not of his same culture. Sound good?

Thranduil and mm doughnuts: Same culture bonuses? Don’t worry, there’ll be a lot more of those as well, especially with other companions and conditions helping out.

Ready for another DC?

5 •Elendil, Captain of Many Armies Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 5
Resistance: 7
Lord - Archer.
While you can spot a Dwarven Lord, Elendil is damage +1.
While you can spot an Elven Lord, Elendil is an archer.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:52 pm
Celebrimbor wrote:
OKay, so I could make LORD affect all lords of other cultures. sounds cool. So, here’s how Lord works: The keyword after the lord keyword applies the companion, plus all other lords not of his same culture. Sound good?

I still think it should affect all NON lords of either there culture or another culture and if it applies to the companion the DC below is redudant

5 •Elendil, Captain of Many Armies Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 5
Resistance: 7
Lord - Archer.
While you can spot a Dwarven Lord, Elendil is damage +1.
While you can spot an Elven Lord, Elendil is an archer.

works.

the problem with lord applying to all of his culture is it is too broken. now if you made it another culture it would work quite nicely.
"DáinIronfoot"
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:04 pm
Yep, so the Lord applies to all other-cultured Lords.

Does everyone think this game dynamic sounds good so far?
My Trading List
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:57 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Well, it would certainly make rainbow decks pretty darn interesting. Laughing

I love the idea, but I’m just not sure how well it will work out. But hey, give it a shot, and see if it works. Can always re-define it later.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:09 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I definitely like Lord applying to all other cultured Lords. Very cool mechanic.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards