LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:29 am
Does it really?

I think it’s cool to have an extremely splashable card that doesn’t have a culture, because then shadow cards can’t abuse any multi-culture-ness, because there’s no other culture!

I think a card could be "culture-less" and though I’m not sure how it would be represented on a card, I think it’s something a DC maker has a right to change. It wouldn’t break the game, so long as it’s just one card (unlike some card made for mass Gondor burden removal or lots of Elven damage +1 stuff) I don’t think there’s really any problem with it.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:13 pm
Gandalf is a catch-all for anything that doesn’t fit another culture. If you want it for any culture, stick it in Gandalf.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:41 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Does it really?

I think it’s cool to have an extremely splashable card that doesn’t have a culture, because then shadow cards can’t abuse any multi-culture-ness, because there’s no other culture!

I think a card could be "culture-less" and though I’m not sure how it would be represented on a card, I think it’s something a DC maker has a right to change. It wouldn’t break the game, so long as it’s just one card (unlike some card made for mass Gondor burden removal or lots of Elven damage +1 stuff) I don’t think there’s really any problem with it.

There isn’t in theory, but like you said, how would you represent it on the card?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
AgentDrake
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:16 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
On a physical card or on a DC?

On a physical card, have a separate template for the cultureless ones, something grey, probably.

On a DC, just don’t have the culture on there.

Although if it was to have a culture, it would probably go into Gandalf due to precedent.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:36 pm
*actually, I unintentionally left out the culture* Shhh

But now that it seems to be catching on, I like it! It’s just like smeagol without a race, accept this is for the culture.

I’m dickering with myself a lot about the Legion keyword...and came up with something "creative".

Legion X. When you play this minion, if you can spot X other minions of this minion’s culture, you may discard a free peoples condition or follower.

Is it too broken?
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:02 am
Celebrimbor wrote:
*actually, I unintentionally left out the culture* Shhh

But now that it seems to be catching on, I like it! It’s just like smeagol without a race, accept this is for the culture.

I’m dickering with myself a lot about the Legion keyword...and came up with something "creative".

Legion X. When you play this minion, if you can spot X other minions of this minion’s culture, you may discard a free peoples condition or follower.

Is it too broken?

I don’t know about broken, it just feels a bit too complicated.

Perhaps something else on the same lines:

Legion X - When you play this minion, you may make the Free Peoples player discard a Free Peoples card from play with a twilight cost of X or more.

It would have to be guarded so that it didn’t approach companion cost too often, but I think it works. It doesn’t have the swarm requirement that yours does, but it does make higher numbers better and makes sense for a legion to be rampaging and discarding things.

Alternatively, you could have two parameters called X. So it would be:

Legion X - When you play this minion, you may spot X minions of the same culture to make the Free Peoples player discard a Free Peoples card of a twilight cost of X or more.

But I like it less being even more complicated.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
i personally like CBB"s, and if you let the freeps choose which to discard I think it would be nicely balanced.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:16 pm
It’s not complicated. It’s that I probably won’t paranthesize the whole text of the keyword as helper text.

Legion needs to be about many minions in play, "swarmish".

How’s this?

Legion X - When you play this minion, you may spot X other minions of the same culture to play another minion from the same culture from your discard pile.

So, if I play a Legion 5 Sauron minion, and spot 5 other Sauron minions, I play a Sauron minion from my discard.

I hope people can agree on this version more easily.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:33 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Actually, I really like the "When you play this minion, if you can spot X other minions of this minion’s culture, you may discard a free peoples condition or follower. " idea. Should be a pretty high number, to keep it from being broken, but...
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:37 pm
OK, I’ll go with discarding follower/condition. Legion minions are still kind of shaping up now, as I’m experimenting with potential prototypes.

Here’s the next installment! This time I didn’t forget the culture:

4 Orc Defiler Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 5
Vitality: 2
Site Number: 4
When the first Orc Legion minion comes into play while you can spot this minion, you may discard a free peoples possession. Then discard this minion.

More Legions coming up soon.
My Trading List

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards