LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:41 pm
Celebrimbor wrote:

4 Orc Defiler Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 5
Vitality: 2
Site Number: 4
When the first Orc Legion minion comes into play while you can spot this minion, you may discard a free peoples possession. Then discard this minion.

Some serious rewording is needed here. As long as the Defiler is using its text, it’s in play, so you don’t need to spot it.

"Shadow: If you cannot spot an Orc legion, play an Orc legion and discard this minion to discard a Free Peoples possession."

I assume that’s what you’re shooting for.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:48 pm
Doesn’t matter how many other legions are in play. I just wanted to limit him to using the ability 1 time, but then he discards himself...

This is much better:

4 Orc Defiler Orc
Minion • Orc
Shadow: Play an Orc legion to discard a Free Peoples Condition or Follower. Discard this minion.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
menace64
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:59 pm
All right. I’d still drop the cost to 3, and then make sure to lowercase condition and follower.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:29 pm
Celebrimbor wrote:
4 Orc Defiler Orc
Minion • Orc
When the first Orc Legion minion comes into play while you can spot this minion, you may discard a free peoples possession. Then discard this minion.

Are any legions going to be non-minions? I think it’s cooler to just say ’legion’, and you might not need to capitalise it in the same you don’t ’fierce’ or ’minion’. I’d also cut his cost to 3, though I’m not sure I fully understand his ability. Can you explain your intentions?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:30 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah I think 3 would be perfect. good first DC. Pm incoming about something.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:13 pm
3 Orc Defiler Orc
Minion • Orc
Shadow: Play an Orc legion to discard a Free Peoples condition or follower. Discard this minion.[/quote]

All right so 3 twilight seems balanced...Just wanted to make sure he wasn’t too broken.

Next DC? Obviously now the Legions will specialize in disabling the main defense of the free peoples player, in the form of conditions/possessions, most ideally tearing apart dwarves.

4 Furious Orc Charger Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 9
Vitality: 3
While the character this minion is skirmishing is bearing less possessions than this minion’s vitality, this minion is strength +2 and damage +1.
"They could rush in and wreak havoc, regardless of the strength of the weapons of the defender."
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:35 pm
Furious Orc Charger works, but I don’t like it that much. I’d prefer something simpler like ’While skirmishing a companion not bearing a possession...’ or something like that. Also, just remember to bold damage +1.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:46 pm
Celebrimbor wrote:
3 Orc Defiler Orc
Minion • Orc
Shadow: Play an Orc legion to discard a Free Peoples condition or follower. Discard this minion.

Huh? If he’s 3, make him AT LEAST strength 8. The ability is a 3 ability, but only on a slightly larger minion. And instead of discard this minion, exert him.

All right so 3 twilight seems balanced...Just wanted to make sure he wasn’t too broken.

Next DC? Obviously now the Legions will specialize in disabling the main defense of the free peoples player, in the form of conditions/possessions, most ideally tearing apart dwarves.

Minion • Orc
While the character this minion is skirmishing is bearing less possessions than this minion’s vitality, this minion is strength +2 and damage +1.
"They could rush in and wreak havoc, regardless of the strength of the weapons of the defender."

Vitality 4, IMO.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Celebrimbor wrote:
3 Orc Defiler Orc
Minion • Orc
Shadow: Play an Orc legion to discard a Free Peoples condition or follower. Discard this minion.

I guess you could up to 6-8. but don’t make it exert. think with wargs...

Minion • Orc
"They could rush in and wreak havoc, regardless of the strength of the weapons of the defender."[/quote]
cool!
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:06 pm
OK my and celebrimbor exchanged a few PM’s, and decided I would do the lords, and he would do the legions. So I will start a different thread and begin with a Gondor lord.
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards