LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:22 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
2 That’s What Bilbo Baggins Hates! Dwarven
Event * Maneuver
Tale.
Exert a Hobbit to make a Dwarf strength +3 until the regroup phase, or exert a Dwarf to make a Hobbit strength +3 until the regroup phase.
Chip the glasses and crack the plates! / Blunt the knives and bend the forks! / That’s what Bilbo Baggins hates- /Smash the bottles and burn the corks!

I agree with SoP: exclude the Ring-bearer. And cutting the cost to 1 might be okay, too.

elf lvr wrote:
0 On Every Door! Dwarven
Event * Maneuver
Tale.
Spot a Hobbit and exert a Dwarf (or spot 2 Dwarves and exert a Hobbit) to reveal the top three cards of a shadow player’s draw deck. You may make that player choose to discard those cards or two cards from hand.
Cut the cloth and tread on the fat! / Pour the milk on the pantry floor! / Leave the bones on the bedroom mat! / Splash the wine on every door!

Yowch! I’d raise the cost to 2, and make sure to capitalize "Shadow".

elf lvr wrote:
1 Send Them Down the Hall to Roll! Dwarven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Regroup: Discard a possession to heal a companion.
Dump the crocks in a boiling bawl; / Pound them up with a thumping pole; / And when you’ve finished, if any are whole, / Send them down the hall to roll!

I agree with the Juicy Fruit’s suggestion. Thumbs Up

elf lvr wrote:
0 Carefully, Carefully With the Plates! Dwarven
Event * Fellowship
Tale.
Spot a Dwarf to choose one: Add 1 to remove a threat, add 2 to draw 2 cards, or add 3 to play a Dwarven possession from your draw deck.
That’s what Bilbo Baggins hates! / So, carefully! Carefully with the plates!

I like the 1-2-3 thing, but again, I agree with lem0n: that last one is just too expensive. Change it to something else or lower the cost.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:54 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Now here’s a post that doesn’t contain 15 DC’s. Thank me!

THANK YOU! I can’t tell you how happy this makes me! Very Happy

elf lvr wrote:
2 That’s What Bilbo Baggins Hates! Dwarven
Event * Maneuver
Tale.
Exert a Hobbit to make a Dwarf strength +3 until the regroup phase, or exert a Dwarf to make a Hobbit strength +3 until the regroup phase.
Chip the glasses and crack the plates! / Blunt the knives and bend the forks! / That’s what Bilbo Baggins hates- /Smash the bottles and burn the corks!

Unless Bilbo is a ring-bearer in this set, then I would agree with SoP and DI. Also, I think both abilities should be Bilbo not any hobbit.

elf lvr wrote:
0 On Every Door! Dwarven
Event * Maneuver
Tale.
Spot a Hobbit and exert a Dwarf (or spot 2 Dwarves and exert a Hobbit) to reveal the top three cards of a shadow player’s draw deck. You may make that player choose to discard those cards or two cards from hand.
Cut the cloth and tread on the fat! / Pour the milk on the pantry floor! / Leave the bones on the bedroom mat! / Splash the wine on every door!

Capitalise ’Shadow’, and also make numbers into digits because that’s the convention. Again, I don’t think this should have anything to do with anyone but Bilbo. And the cost should be at least 1.

elf lvr wrote:
1 Send Them Down the Hall to Roll! Dwarven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Regroup: Discard a possession to heal a companion.
Dump the crocks in a boiling bawl; / Pound them up with a thumping pole; / And when you’ve finished, if any are whole, / Send them down the hall to roll!

I think far too good. Make it Dwarven or Shire.

elf lvr wrote:
0 Carefully, Carefully With the Plates! Dwarven
Event * Fellowship
Tale.
Spot a Dwarf to choose one: Add 1 to remove a threat, add 2 to draw 2 cards, or add 3 to play a Dwarven possession from your draw deck.
That’s what Bilbo Baggins hates! / So, carefully! Carefully with the plates!

I think I’d swap the threat one with the possession one then make it 2 threats. Fantastic theme, silly title. Actually, all of these titles are a little silly, but whatever - the Hobbit is quite a silly book!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:53 pm
1 *Thorin’s Harp, Dream-weaver Dwarven
Possession
Resistance: +1
Bearer must be Thorin.
Maneuver: Exert Thorin to play a Dwarven tale from your discard pile.
It was a beautiful golden harp, and when Thorin struck it the music began all at once, so sudden and sweet that Bilbo forgot everything else, and was swept away into dark lands under strange moons, far over The Water and very far from his hobbit-hole under The Hill.

2 *Dungeons Deep and Caverns Old Dwarven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Skirmish: If the fellowship is at a mountain or underground site, discard this condition and exert a Dwarf to make that Dwarf strength +X, where X is his resistance.
Far over the misty mountains cold / To dungeons deep and caverns old / We must away ere break of day / To seek the pale enchanted gold.

0 In Places Deep, Where Dark Things Sleep Dwarven
Event * Maneuver
Tale.
Exert a Dwarf at an underground site to discard a minion. The first shadow player may then play a minion from their discard pile, it is twilight cost -3.
The dwarves of yore made mighty spells, / While hammers fell like ringing bells / In places deep, where dark things sleep, / In hollow halls beneath the fells.

1 On Hilt of Sword Dwarven
Event * Fellowship
Tale.
Spot a Dwarf and discard a Dwarven card from hand to play an artifact from your draw deck or discard pile.
For ancient king and elvish lord / There many a gloaming golden hoard / They shaped and wrought, and light they caught / To hide in gems on hilt of sword.

0 The Blazing Fire Spread Dwarven
Event * Maneuver
Tale.
Spot a Dwarf to draw a card. If you can spot a Red minion, you may exert a Dwarf to draw 3 cards instead.
The pines were roaring on the height, / The winds were moaning in the night. / The fire was red, it flaming spread; / The trees like torches blazed with light.

1 *To Win Our Harps And Gold! Dwarven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Each time a Dwarf kills a minion in a skirmish, you may play a Dwarven possession from your discard pile.
Regroup: If 3 Dwarves won skirmishes this turn, discard this condition to play an artifact from your discard pile.
Far over the misty mountains grim / To dungeons deep and caverns dim / We must away, ere break of day, / To win our harps and gold from him!

0 More Fierce than Fire Red
Event * Shadow
Spot Smaug to choose one: remove 1 to add a threat, remove 2 to exert a companion, or remove 3 to take control of a site.
The bells were ringing in the dale / And men looked up with faces pale; / The dragon’s ire more fierce than fire / Laid low their towers and houses frail.
Last edited by elf lvr on Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:32 am; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:36 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Possession
Bearer must be Thorin.
Maneuver: Exert bearer to play a Dwarven tale from your discard pile.
It was a beautiful golden harp, and when Thorin struck it the music began all at once, so sudden and sweet that Bilbo forgot everything else, and was swept away into dark lands under strange moons, far over The Water and very far from his hobbit-hole under The Hill.

Whoa. Um...broken. In the utmost.

2 Dungeons Deep and Caverns Old Dwarven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Skirmish: If the fellowship is at a mountain or underground site, discard this condition and exert a Dwarf to make that Dwarf strength +X, where X is his resistance.
Far over the misty mountains cold / To dungeons deep and caverns old / We must away ere break of day / To seek the pale enchanted gold.

Like it.

Event * Maneuver
Tale.
Exert a Dwarf at an underground site to discard a minion. The first shadow player may then play a minion from their discard pile, it is twilight cost -3.
The dwarves of yore made mighty spells, / While hammers fell like ringing bells / In places deep, where dark things sleep, / In hollow halls beneath the fells.

Spot a dwarf, IMO.

Event * Fellowship
Tale.
Exert a Dwarf and discard a Dwarven card from hand to play an artifact from your draw deck or discard pile.
For ancient king and elvish lord / There many a gloaming golden hoard / They shaped and wrought, and light they caught / To hide in gems on hilt of sword.

I would just have it exert a dwarf. Compare to Last Days of My House or something.

Event * Maneuver
Tale.
Spot a Dwarf to draw a card. If you can spot a Red minion, you may exert a Dwarf to draw 3 cards instead.
The pines were roaring on the height, / The winds were moaning in the night. / The fire was red, it flaming spread; / The trees like torches blazed with light.

Eh...no. To underpowered.

Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Each time a Dwarf wins a skirmish, you may play a Dwarven possession from your discard pile.
Regroup: If 3 Dwarves won skirmishes this turn, discard this condition to play an artifact from your discard pile.
Far over the misty mountains grim / To dungeons deep and caverns dim / We must away, ere break of day, / To win our harps and gold from him!

Wow. Yeah. Hand Axe, anyone? Or Dwarven Bracers?

Event * Shadow
Spot Smaug to choose one: remove 1 to add a threat, remove 2 to exert a companion, or remove 3 to take control of a site.
The bells were ringing in the dale / And men looked up with faces pale; / The dragon’s ire more fierce than fire / Laid low their towers and houses frail.

Love it.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:13 am
elf lvr wrote:
Possession
Bearer must be Thorin.

Should say exert Thorin as only he can bear it. Seem rather good maybe and add X or something.

Condition * Support Area
Tale.

Erm unique please.

Event * Maneuver
Tale.

Wow sounds funky but without playtesting this i could never say whether it would be balanced or not or be too good or too bad to use.

Event * Fellowship
Tale.
Exert a Dwarf and discard a Dwarven card from hand to play an artifact from your draw deck or discard pile.

Make it cost 0 as the cost is in the text twice.

Event * Maneuver
Tale.

Cooool.

Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Each time a Dwarf wins a skirmish, you may play a Dwarven possession from your discard pile.

Dwarves win a lot, this would mean you could keep replaying possessions every turn. Maybe you may add X to play, or exert a dwarf to play.

Event * Shadow

Sweeet. Id lower the costs theough of each as ur spotting expensive Smaug. Add a threat. Remove 1 to exert someone and remove 2 to take a site.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:29 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Possession
Bearer must be Thorin.
cool.

Condition * Support Area
Tale.
cut cost to 1

Event * Maneuver
Tale.
cool!

Event * Fellowship
Tale.
noice

Event * Maneuver
Tale.
cool! could be or fellowship

Condition * Support Area
Tale.
maybe dwarf possession or tale

Event * Shadow

cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:17 am
I’ve just finished your other DC threads and was about to congratulate you on posting so few cards! Then I looked at this thread! Laughing

elf lvr wrote:
Possession
Bearer must be Thorin.

Interesting subtitle. Seems absolutely fine to me, except that bearer should be ’Thorin’, and you should make sure it only plays conditions not events out of phase.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Tale.

Funny: in my Hobbit set Dungeons Deep and Caverns Old were separate cards! Very interesting, though uniqueness is probably not a bad idea.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver
Tale.

Veru interesting. I like it! Thumbs Up

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Fellowship
Tale.

Could probably spot a Dwarf instead of exerting.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver
Tale.

Guess I can’t complain. Presumably Red is Smaug?

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Tale.

I think too good, especially for its cost. Make it cost 2 and trigger only when Dwarves kill a minion they’re skirmishing and it will be solid!

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Shadow

Depending on how expensive Smaug is, this might have to be regroup or skirmish, but this card rocks!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:43 am
0 Tookishness Shire
Event * Skirmish
Spot a Hobbit and add a threat to discard a shadow possession or make that hobbit strength +3. If you can spot a Dwarf or Gandalf, you may draw a card.
He wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.

2 Rationalization Shire
Condition * Support Area
At the end of each of your turns, add a threat or discard this condition.
Skirmish: Exert a Hobbit not assigned to skirmish twice to cancel a skirmish involving another Hobbit.
Suddenly in the wood beyond The Water a flame leapt up, and he thought of plundering dragons settling on his quiet Hill and kindling it all to flames. He shuddered; and very quickly he was plain Mr. Baggins of Bag-End, Under-Hill, again.

0 *Bilbo, The Burglar Shire
Companion * Hobbit
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Ring-bearer.
While you can spot 3 Dwarves (or Gandalf), Bilbo cannot be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
Skirmish: Exert Bilbo twice to discard a possession borne by a minion he is skirmishing.
"Tell me what you want done, and I will try it, if I have to walk from here to the East of East and fight the wild Were-worms in the Last Desert."
Last edited by elf lvr on Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:48 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
elf lvr wrote:
1 Tookishness Shire
Event * Skirmish
Spot a Hobbit and add a threat to discard a shadow possession or make that hobbit strength +3. If you can spot a Dwarf or Gandalf, you may draw a card.
He wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.
Very nice. I don’t know, you may want to make it a shadow possession borne by a minion that hobbit is skirmishing.

...actually, after looking at the other cards, this is fine as-is; you seem to have a bit of co-op between companions in skirmishes anyway.

2 Rationalization Shire
Condition * Support Area
Skirmish: Exert a Hobbit not assigned to skirmish twice to cancel a skirmish involving another Hobbit.
Suddenly in the wood beyond The Water a flame leapt up, and he thought of plundering dragons settling on his quiet Hill and kindling it all to flames. He shuddered; and very quickly he was plain Mr. Baggins of Bag-End, Under-Hill, again.
Nice

Companion * Hobbit
Resistance: 10
Ring-bearer.
While you can spot 3 Dwarves (or Gandalf), Bilbo cannot be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
Skirmish: Exert Bilbo twice to discard a possession borne by a minion he is skirmishing.
"Tell me what you want done, and I will try it, if I have to walk from here to the East of East and fight the wild Were-worms in the Last Desert."
Very nice. Well balanced, methinks. Thumbs Up
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:48 am
elf lvr wrote:
1 Tookishness Shire
Event * Skirmish

Alright.

2 Rationalization Shire
Condition * Support Area

Yeah cool.

Companion * Hobbit
Resistance: 10
Ring-bearer.

WAAAAY too hard. Id say cust all the text and start again. Auto none overwhelms on a RB are too good. Maybe the skirmish ability is ok and relevant to his title but the first bits makes it all too OP.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards