LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:44 pm
elf lvr wrote:
6 *Bert, A Very Large Person Orc
Minion * Troll
Strength: 12
Vitality: 3
Site: 4
Damage +1.
While you can spot William and Tom, Bert is fierce.
Assignment: Exert 3 Orc minions to assign Bert to an unbound companion. That companion may exert to prevent this.
"Mutton yesterday, mutton today, and blimey, if it don’t look like mutton again tomorrer."

His assignment ability doesn’t seem terribly good, though I understand why it’s 3 minions, so I’m not sure how you could change it without losing the flavour. Perhaps by increasing his strength to 13?

elf lvr wrote:
6 *William, A Very Large Person Orc
Minion * Troll
Strength: 12
Fierce.
While you can spot Bert and Tom, William is twilight cost -2.
Each time you use an assignment ability or play an assignment event, you may heal William.
"What the ’ell William was a-thinkin’ of to bring us into these parts at all, beats me - and the drink runnin’ short, what’s more."

I see the combo, but I think it should reference specifically Orc assignment events and assignment abilities on Orc cards.

elf lvr wrote:
6 *Tom, A Very Large Person Orc
Minion * Troll
Strength: 14
While you can spot Bert and William, Tom is damage +1.
Response: If another Orc Troll wins a skirmish, exert Tom to make him fierce until the regroup phase.
"And can yer cook ’em?" said Tom.

Interesting, but I don’t think terribly good. He could probably do with an assignment ability to keep with the rest of the theme, maybe exerting him in the assignment phase to make him fierce.

All three seem to be underpowered at the moment. Certainly, they could each have vitality 4 without any trouble whatsoever. Also, given where they come in the story their site number should be 3, or maybe even 2. With those changes to each one, they’d probably be fine.

elf lvr wrote:
1 Good Mutton Orc
Possession * Support Area
When you play this possession, add X Orc tokens here, where X is the current region number.
Skirmish or Assignment: Remove an Orc token from here (or discard this possession) to heal a Troll.
"And time’s been up our way, when yer’d have said ’thank yer Bill’ for a nice bit o’ fat valley mutton like what this is."

Solid card. Perhaps add ’or heal Bert, Tom or William twice’, or some such bonus for using the appropriate Trolls.

elf lvr wrote:
0 Troll’s Purse Orc
When you play this possession, spot an Orc Troll to add an Orc token here for each Orc possession you can spot.
Assignment: Remove 3 Orc tokens from here to discard a possession. If that possession was an Orc possession, you may exert a companion.
Trolls’ purses are the mischief, and this was no exception.

Hilarious! No complaints at all.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Caught in a Sack Orc
Event * Assignment
Exert a Troll to spot a companion. That companion cannot be assigned to a skirmish until the start of the regroup phase. That companion may exert twice to prevent this.
As each dwarf came up and looked at the fire, and the spilled jugs, and the gnawed mutton, in surprise, pop! went a nasty smelly sack over his head, and he was down.

This seems far too good with William, because obviously you’re going to exert him to use this card. Maybe bring the prevention down to one exertion. Oh, and why suddenly does this card apply to all Trolls, not just Orc Trolls?

elf lvr wrote:
0 Disarguement Orc
Event * Shadow
Spot an Orc Troll to choose one: remove 1 to play an Orc possession from your discard pile, remove 2 to exert a companion, or remove 3 to spot a companion; that companion may not be assigned to skirmishes this turn.
...arguing whether they should roast them slowly, or mince them fine and boil them, or just sit on them one by one and squash them into jelly.

What does Disargument mean? This should clearly be an assignment event to go with the rest of the strategy, but it’s awesome, and I love this theme more and more with every card you post in it! Razz

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:54 pm
Why, a disarguement is much worse than a disagreement. And a step above an arguement. Don’t you speak Troll?

I made those three a bit more powerful, by adding vitality and strength, instead of dropping roaming costs. It makes sense story-wise, but you wouldn’t want such powerful self-assigning minions dropping out at site 2 so easily. Well... not without these next few cards, at least!

2 *An Unpleasant Surprise Orc
Condition * Support Area
Each Orc Troll is site number -2.
Assignment: Spot an Orc minion and discard this condition to play an Orc Troll from your discard pile.
"It’s trolls!" said Bilbo from behind a tree. They had forgotten all about him. "They’re hiding in the bushes with sacks," said he.

0 Mighty Suspicion Orc
Event * Shadow
Exert an Orc Troll to add 2 for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.
"A burrahobbit?" said they a bit startled. Trolls are slow in the uptake, and mighty suspicious about anything new to them.

1 Mutton Skewer Orc
Possession * Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be an Orc Troll.
When you play this possession, you may draw a card.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to play an Orc support area possession from your discard pile.
"Yer can try," said Bert, picking up a skewer.

2 Barrel of Good Drink Orc
Vitality: +1
You may play this possession any time you could play a skirmish event.
When you play this possession, heal an Orc Troll.
Assignment: Transfer this condition to your Orc Troll.
Regroup: Return this possession to your support area.
Also there was a barrel of good drink at hand, and they were drinking out of jugs.

2 Gluttony Orc
Event * Skirmish
Choose one: Make an Orc Troll strength +2, or discard all Orc possessions you can spot. If at least 4 possessions were discarded in this way, make an Orc Troll strength +5 and damage +1.
You’ve et a village and a half between yer, since we come down from the mountains. How much more d’yer want?

1 *Swift Snatch Orc
Condtion * Support Area
To play, spot an Orc Troll.
If the Free Peoples player is about to prevent an assignment action (except involving the Ring-bearer) or cancel a skirmish, discard this condition to prevent that.
William turned round at once and grabbed Bilbo by the neck, before he could duck behind the tree.

These guys are fun to make cards for! But, unfortunately, last batch comes tomorrow.
Last edited by elf lvr on Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:04 am; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:33 am
elf lvr wrote:

Condition * Support Area
Assignment: Spot an Orc minion and discard this condition to play an Orc Troll from your discard pile.
"It’s trolls!" said Bilbo from behind a tree. They had forgotten all about him. "They’re hiding in the bushes with sacks," said he.

Fine.

0 Mighty Suspicion Orc
Event * Shadow
Spot an Orc Troll to add 2 for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.
"A burrahobbit?" said they a bit startled. Trolls are slow in the uptake, and mighty suspicious about anything new to them.

Hmm make it cost 1 so it isnt an automatic 2 adder at least.

1 Mutton Skewer Orc
Possession * Hand Weapon
Skirmish: Discard this possession to play an Orc support area possession from your discard pile.

Cool.

Also there was a barrel of good drink at hand, and they were drinking out of jugs.

Erm ok.

2 Gluttony Orc
Event * Skirmish
Choose one: Make an Orc Troll strength +2, or discard all Orc possessions you can spot. If at least 4 possessions were discarded in this way, make an Orc Troll strength +5 and damage +1.
You’ve et a village and a half between yer, since we come down from the mountains. How much more d’yer want?

Fair enough.

2 *Swift Snatch Orc
Condtion * Support Area
If the Free Peoples player is about to prevent an assignment action or cancel a skirmish, discard this condition to prevent that.
William turned round at once and grabbed Bilbo by the neck, before he could duck behind the tree.

I dont think i like this cancelling cancelling sounds messy and slightly unfair. Especially one assigning to the RB. Think this needs amending or scrapping.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:47 am
elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

Can’t complain.

elf lvr wrote:
0 Mighty Suspicion Orc
Event * Shadow
Spot an Orc Troll to add 2 for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.

I think too good. Maybe exert an Orc Troll?

elf lvr wrote:
1 Mutton Skewer Orc
Possession * Hand Weapon

Solid.

elf lvr wrote:

Very interesting, so if you use the skirmish event, you don’t get the extra vitality until the fierce phase? Interesting. Maybe throw on a ’Regroup: Return this possession to your support area.’

elf lvr wrote:
2 Gluttony Orc
Event * Skirmish

Very funny. Can’t complain, though Shadow possessions are bad enough without you discarding your own all the time. Should probably cost 1 as well.

elf lvr wrote:
2 *Swift Snatch Orc
Condtion * Support Area
If the Free Peoples player is about to prevent an assignment action or cancel a skirmish, discard this condition to prevent that.

No more than 1, assuming it said at the beginning ’To play, spot an Orc Troll’ as there seems to be no cultural enforcement on this card whatsoever.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:26 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I think I’ll just defer to lem0n and Thran here. Reading over their comments, they have this pretty well covered already. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:20 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:

Condition * Support Area
nice

0 Mighty Suspicion Orc
Event * Shadow
Exert an Orc Troll to add 2 for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.
snazzy

1 Mutton Skewer Orc
Possession * Hand Weapon
works for me

Regroup: Return this possession to your support area.
cool!

2 Gluttony Orc
Event * Skirmish
cut cost to 1. the problem is you could run this to counter your opponents shadow side in a 3 player game. which would actually be king of fun. if you had to spot on orc troll for the second it would prevent it being splashed.

1 *Swift Snatch Orc
Condtion * Support Area
To play, spot an Orc Troll.
If the Free Peoples player is about to prevent an assignment action (except involving the Ring-bearer) or cancel a skirmish, discard this condition to prevent that.

nice
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:55 pm
4 Hold ’Em In The Fire! Orc
Event * Assignment
Toil 2.
Assign an Orc Troll to a companion. The Free Peoples player may exert that companion to prevent this. If that Troll was William, Bert, or Tom, you may remove 2 Orc tokens to return this event from your discard pile to hand.
"Not till he says what he means by lots and none at all," said Bert. "I don’t want to have me throat cut in me sleep. Hold his toes in the fire, till he talks!"

3 Perfectly Honest Insult Orc
Event * Skirmish
Spot an Orc Troll to make another Orc minion strength +2. If that minion wins this skirmish, you may reinforce an Orc token on each of your support area possessions and conditions.
They were fighting like dogs, and calling one another all sorts of perfectly true and applicable names in very loud voices.

3 Detestable, Delicious! Orc
Event * Maneuver
Toil 1.
Exert an Orc Troll to discard a condition (or two conditions if you can spot a Dwarf).
Trolls simply detest the very sight of dwarves (uncooked).

1 *Troll Tactics Orc
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot an Orc minion.
Each time you play an Orc assignment event, add an Orc token here.
Each time a Troll wins a skirmish, remove 3 Orc tokens from here to exert a companion.
He was sent spinning up into the top of some bushes, when Tom kicked the sparks up in Thorin’s face.

0 *The Secret Key Orc
When you play this possession, add an Orc token here for each Orc Troll you can spot.
Assignment: Remove an Orc token from here (or discard this possession) to play an Orc possession from your draw deck.
He held out a largish key, though no doubt William had thought it very small and secret.

3 *Troll’s Hoard Orc
To play, exert an Orc minion.
Each time an Orc Troll wins a skirmish, add an Orc token here.
Shadow: Remove 1 to play an Orc possession stacked here.
Regroup: Remove 3 Orc tokens from here to stack a possession from a discard pile here.
There was a good deal of food jumbled carelessly on shelves and on the ground, among an untidy litter of plunder, of all sorts from brass buttons to pots full of gold coins standing in a corner.

You can use this to steal your opponent’s possessions... or to re-use your own (like Secret Key).
Last edited by elf lvr on Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:39 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:37 am
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Assignment
Toil 2.
Assign an Orc Troll to a companion. The Free Peoples player may exert that companion to prevent this. If that Troll was William, Bert, or Tom, you may remove 2 Orc tokens to return this event from your discard pile to hand.
"Not till he says what he means by lots and none at all," said Bert. "I don’t want to have me throat cut in me sleep. Hold his toes in the fire, till he talks!"

Sweeeeet.

Event * Skirmish
Spot an Orc Troll to make another Orc minion strength +2. If that minion wins this skirmish, you may reinforce an Orc token on each of your support area possessions and conditions.
They were fighting like dogs, and calling one another all sorts of perfectly true and applicable names in very loud voices.

Cooool. Drop cost to 2.

Event * Maneuver
Toil 1.
Exert an Orc Troll to discard a condition (or two conditions if you can spot a Dwarf).

Hmm ok.

2 *Troll Tactics Orc
Condition * Support Area
Each time you play an assignment event, add an Orc token here.
Response: If a Troll wins a skirmish, remove 3 Orc tokens from here to exert a companion.
He was sent spinning up into the top of some bushes, when Tom kicked the sparks up in Thorin’s face.

Seems fine.

0 *The Secret Key Orc
When you play this condition, add an Orc token here for each Orc Troll you can spot.
Assignment: Remove an Orc token from here to play an Orc possession from your draw deck.
He held out a largish key, though no doubt William had thought it very small and secret.

Ok again.

3 *Troll’s Hoard Orc
Shadow: Remove 1 to play a possession stacked here.
Regroup: Remove 3 Orc tokens from here to stack a possession here.
There was a good deal of food jumbled carelessly on shelves and on the ground, among an untidy litter of plunder, of all sorts from brass buttons to pots full of gold coins standing in a corner.

Dont like the ability to just steal other peoples weapons, so i cant really review as i disagree with its principle. State shadow and its fine.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:59 am
Hold on for me, because I’m going to review these cards, but am in the process of becoming exceedingly busy. Hopefully I’ll have a chance tomorrow night, but I don’t want to have to review 30 million cards when I get back from Oxford on Tuesday! Razz

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:10 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Assignment
Toil 2.

Nifty.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish

Tempted to lower it to 2, but it may be better as is. Not entirely sure, as that’s potentially a LOT of reinforcing.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver
Toil 1.

Good stuff.

elf lvr wrote:
2 *Troll Tactics Orc
Condition * Support Area
Each time you play an assignment event, add an Orc token here.
Response: If a Troll wins a skirmish, remove 3 Orc tokens from here to exert a companion.

If you want to, you could limit it to Orc assignment events and drop the cost.

elf lvr wrote:
0 *The Secret Key Orc
When you play this condition, add an Orc token here for each Orc Troll you can spot.
Assignment: Remove an Orc token from here to play an Orc possession from your draw deck.

Conflict between whether this is a condition or possession. I assume the latter...don’t pull a Decipher on us here! Razz

elf lvr wrote:
3 *Troll’s Hoard Orc
Shadow: Remove 1 to play a possession stacked here.
Regroup: Remove 3 Orc tokens from here to stack a possession here.

I agree with lem0n. Maybe if you pull the possessions from any player’s discard pile?

You can use this to steal your opponent’s possessions... or to re-use your own (like Secret Key).[/quote]
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards