LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:35 pm
elf lvr wrote:
4 Hold ’Em In The Fire! Orc
Event * Assignment
Toil 2.
Assign an Orc Troll to a companion. The Free Peoples player may exert that companion to prevent this. If that Troll was William, Bert, or Tom, you may remove 2 Orc tokens to return this event from your discard pile to hand.
"Not till he says what he means by lots and none at all," said Bert. "I don’t want to have me throat cut in me sleep. Hold his toes in the fire, till he talks!"

Nice. No real complaints, though I’d have to playtest it to see how balanced it really is.

elf lvr wrote:
3 Perfectly Honest Insult Orc
Event * Skirmish
Spot an Orc Troll to make another Orc minion strength +2. If that minion wins this skirmish, you may reinforce an Orc token on each of your support area possessions and conditions.
They were fighting like dogs, and calling one another all sorts of perfectly true and applicable names in very loud voices.

I reckon it’s probably fine the way it is.

elf lvr wrote:
3 Detestable, Delicious! Orc
Event * Maneuver
Toil 1.
Exert an Orc Troll to discard a condition (or two conditions if you can spot a Dwarf).
Trolls simply detest the very sight of dwarves (uncooked).

You might as well make it Assignment to follow with the rest of your theme. Otherwise, it’s probably too expensive.

elf lvr wrote:
1 *Troll Tactics Orc
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot an Orc minion.
Each time you play an Orc assignment event, add an Orc token here.
Response: If a Troll wins a skirmish, remove 3 Orc tokens from here to exert a companion.
He was sent spinning up into the top of some bushes, when Tom kicked the sparks up in Thorin’s face.

I would make it Orc assignment events, but I would also do the same on one of your Trolls and I wouldn’t change this one without changing the other, if you know what I mean. As it is, I think it should be an ’Each time’ to stop more than 1 exertion for only 1 win, but it’s fine.

elf lvr wrote:
0 *The Secret Key Orc
Possession * Support Area
When you play this possession, add an Orc token here for each Orc Troll you can spot.
Assignment: Remove an Orc token from here (or discard this possession) to play an Orc possession from your draw deck.
He held out a largish key, though no doubt William had thought it very small and secret.

I think it should be 2 tokens, but fine otherwise.

elf lvr wrote:
3 *Troll’s Hoard Orc
Possession * Support Area
To play, exert an Orc minion.
Each time an Orc Troll wins a skirmish, add an Orc token here.
Shadow: Remove 1 to play a possession stacked here.
Regroup: Remove 3 Orc tokens from here to stack a possession from a discard pile here.
There was a good deal of food jumbled carelessly on shelves and on the ground, among an untidy litter of plunder, of all sorts from brass buttons to pots full of gold coins standing in a corner.

Hilarious. As long as you can only play your own possessions off it, I think it’s fine.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:35 pm
2 A Burglar’s Legacy Shire
Event * Skirmish
Stealth.
Exert a Hobbit and spot a Dwarf to discard a possession. Make that Hobbit strength +X, where X is the twilight cost of that possession.
A really first-class and legendary burglar would at this point have picked the trolls’ pockets-it is nearly always worthwhile if you can manage it-, pinched the very mutton off the spite, purloined the beer, and walked off without their noticing him.

0 *Brand of Fire Dwarven
Possession * Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. This hand weapon may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
While skirmishing a troll, bearer is strength +1 and damage +1.
He caught up a big branch all on fire at one end; and Bert got that end in his eye before he could step aside.

We’ve seen something like this before, haven’t we? Razz

2 Dawn Take You! Gandalf
Event * Assignment
Spell.
Spot Gandalf and add a burden to wound a minion twice. If that minion was a Troll, that minion may not be assigned to skirmishes this turn.
"Dawn take you all, and be stone to you!"

Odd for an assignment event, but a bit of wounding in that phase wouldn’t be all bad, eh? Especially not against those troublesome trolls!

1 Encouraged Arguement Gandalf
Event * Response
Spell.
If a minion exerts as the cost of a special ability or event, spot Gandalf to wound that minion.
It was the wizard’s voice that had kept the trolls bickering and quarrelling, until the light came and made an end of them.
Last edited by elf lvr on Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:10 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish
Stealth.
Exert a Hobbit to discard a possession. Make that Hobbit strength +X, where X is the twilight cost of that possession.
A really first-class and legendary burglar would at this point have picked the trolls’ pockets-it is nearly always worthwhile if you can manage it-, pinched the very mutton off the spite, purloined the beer, and walked off without their noticing him.
cut cost to 0-1

0 *Brand of Fire Dwarven
Possession * Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf. This hand weapon may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
He caught up a big branch all on fire at one end; and Bert got that end in his eye before he could step aside.
it seems familiar Wink

1 Dawn Take You! Gandalf
Event * Assignment
Spell.
Spot Gandalf and add a burden to wound a minion. If that minion was a Troll, that minion may not be assigned to skirmishes this turn.
cool!

Event * Response
Spell.
If a minion exerts to use a special ability, exert Gandalf to exert that minion again (or exert Gandalf twice to exert each minion).
It was the wizard’s voice that had kept the trolls bickering and quarrelling, until the light came and made an end of them.

misspelled argument. maybe and cancel that ability...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:57 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish
Stealth.
Exert a Hobbit to discard a possession. Make that Hobbit strength +X, where X is the twilight cost of that possession.

I think with the exertion, it could probably cost 1. How about ’Exert a Hobbit (or spot Bilbo)...’

elf lvr wrote:
0 *Brand of Fire Dwarven
Possession * Hand Weapon

’Troll’ should have a capital ’T’. Other than that, I’m not complaining.

elf lvr wrote:
1 Dawn Take You! Gandalf
Event * Assignment
Spell.
Spot Gandalf and add a burden to wound a minion. If that minion was a Troll, that minion may not be assigned to skirmishes this turn.

Seems very powerful for Trolls, and rubbish for anyone else. With 1 and a burden, it could probably wound a minion twice. Then I think it would be fine.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Response
Spell.
If a minion exerts to use a special ability, exert Gandalf to exert that minion again (or exert Gandalf twice to exert each minion).

I don’t like the parentheses - seems excessively powerful, while the rest seems rather useless. I would make the ability: ’If a minion exerts as the cost of a special ability’ (and maybe event,) ’spot Gandalf to wound that minion.’ I think that would be more useable.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:25 am
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish
Stealth.

Since when do hobbits have possesion discard. make it freeps and cost 0 and ill agree.

0 *Brand of Fire Dwarven
Possession * Hand Weapon

Seems familiar Think

1 Dawn Take You! Gandalf
Event * Assignment
Spell.

Wow insanely hard against trolls but specific enough to be fine.

Event * Response
Spell.

Coool.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:38 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Since when do hobbits have possesion discard.

Since they have a burglar. It makes no sense if there aren’t at least a few cards for Bilbo that discard possessions.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:52 am
Story wise yeah but gameplay its wrong. You cant go altering the meta just for storyline tie ins.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:57 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Story wise yeah but gameplay its wrong. You cant go altering the meta just for storyline tie ins.

Isn’t the whole point of LOTR DCs that they tie in with the story, as is the same with SWCGG DCs or MTG DCs? There’s no point if they don’t - they might as well all be the same game in that case.

Why bother making a LOTR card if it doesn’t fit in with Tolkien’s universe?

I would say the best reason to break the meta is to tie in with the story - it’s the best reason for any rules or any ability on any card for any strategy.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:11 am
So u sacrifice gamplay for convinience? In that case The Witch King should not be able to lose any skirmish except involving Eowyn. Sauron cannot be killed unless skirmishing someone bearing narsil. Yeah DC’s are meant to be fun and related to the story but not to the detrement of the way the game works. You can have tie ins that arent meta breaking. E.g. Glamdring. That works fine. Removes pool for goblins, awesome relation to the story. It doesnt alter how the gandalf culture works. If youre up for breaking the meta u might as well give rohan condition removal and gondor burden removal and elves damage bonuses and screw the game over totally.

Hobbits rock at conditions and burden removal something a lot of other cultures cant do. They dont however discard possessions, rohan and gondor do that. They have their strengths and weaknesses and shouldnt be compromised cos it "would make a nice card".
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:18 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
The cards look fine to me, but I’ll toss my hat into the debate on this one:

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish
Stealth.

Shire has a TINY bit of possession discarding with Relaxation, but certainly nothing on this scale. I side with Thran on cards needing good storyline flavor...but I side with lem0n on keeping cultures mostly as they already are, at least in regards to new and easy tactics for that culture like this card offers.

A suggestion that may make everyone happy: require it to spot a Dwarf, or perhaps Gandalf, or perhaps just a certain number of companions of other cultures (2 or 3 or so would be nice). Then it takes a little more work and doesn’t give such a powerful new tactic to a Shire-only fellowship.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards