LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:51 pm
Now that we’re done with trolls and other such unpleasantness, we come to the fair valley of Rivendell. Here we’ll get probably the only taste of Elven Elves in the The Hobbit portion of this set, since the other Elves ought to be in the Green culture.

Anyways, Enjoy!

1 Elf-Song Elven (reprint)
Event * Fellowship
Tale.
Spot an Elf to remove a burden.
’O! Will you be staying, / Or will you be flying? / Your ponies are straying! / The daylight is dying! / To fly would be folly, / To stay would be jolly / And listen and hark / to our tune / ha! ha!’

0 Light-Heartedness Elven
Event * Maneuver or Regroup
Exert an Elf to discard a Shadow card borne by a companion.
Not that they would care; they would only laugh all the more if you told them so.

2 Elven Song-guide Elven
Companion * Elf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 7
At the start of each of your fellowship phases, you may add 2 to take an Elven tale from your discard pile into hand.
"We will set you right, but you had best get on foot, until you are over the bridge. Are you going to stay a bit and sing with us, or will you go straight on?"

1 Quicker Than Water Flows Elven
Event * Fellowship or Regroup
Spot an Elf to reveal a Shadow player’s hand.
If this event was played during the fellowship phase, you may exert an Elf to remove 3.
If this event was played during the regroup phase, you may exert an Elf to discard a revealed minion.
Elves know a lot and are wondrous folk for news, and know what is going on among the peoples of the land, as quick as water flows, or quicker.

1 Elf-Lantern Elven
Possession * Lantern
Resistance: +1
To play, spot an Elf. Bearer must be a companion.
Fellowship: Discard this possession to heal bearer and reveal a Shadow player’s hand.
The elves had brought bright lanterns to the shore, and they sang a merry song as the party went across.

2 *The Last Homely House Elven
Condition * Support Area
Epic.
To play, spot 3 Elven companions (or Elrond).
Each time you play an Elven tale, add an Elven token here.
Fellowship: Remove 3 Elven tokens from here to heal a companion.
And so at last they all came to the Last Homely House, and found its doors flung wide.

4 *Elrond, Master of the Last Homely House Elven
Companion * Elf
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
To play, spot an Elf or Gandalf.
At the start of each of your fellowship phases, you may reveal a opponent’s hand. You may add 3 to make that opponent discard a revealed Shadow card.
Skirmish: Exert Elrond to place an Elven tale from your discard pile beneath your draw deck.
He was as noble and as fair in face as an elf-lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer.

His second ability may not seem that useful - but imagine it used with The Council of Elrond and some recursion card (Elven Song-guide, perhaps?)
Last edited by elf lvr on Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:41 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Fellowship
Tale.
’O! Will you be staying, / Or will you be flying? / Your ponies are straying! / The daylight is dying! / To fly would be folly, / To stay would be jolly / And listen and hark / to our tune / ha! ha!’

Yes...excellent one to reprint. Thumbs Up

elf lvr wrote:
Exert an Elf to discard a shadow card borne by a companion.
Not that they would care; they would only laugh all the more if you told them so.

Capitalize "Shadow", always! Evil or Very Mad Fine otherwise, though. Smile Well...MAYBE make it cost 1.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Elven Song-guide Elven
Companion * Elf
At the start of each of your fellowship phases, you may add 2 to take an Elven tale from your discard pile into hand.
"We will set you right, but you had best get on foot, until you are over the bridge. Are you going to stay a bit and sing with us, or will you go straight on?"

Not so sure about that, since it allows such easy access to the reborn Elf-Song. Buuuut...well, probably okay since it takes 2 to do so, and he lacks any other text.

elf lvr wrote:
0 Quicker Than Water Flows Elven
If this event was played during the fellowship phase, you may exert an Elf to remove 2.
If this event was played during the regroup phase, you may exert an Elf to discard a revealed minion.
Elves know a lot and are wondrous folk for news, and know what is going on among the peoples of the land, as quick as water flows, or quicker.

Doubtful that regroup ability would happen very often, but when it did...OUCH. I have no problem with it, though.

elf lvr wrote:
0 Elf-Lantern Elven
Possession * Lantern
Fellowship: Discard this possession to heal bearer and reveal a Shadow player’s hand.
The elves had brought bright lanterns to the shore, and they sang a merry song as the party went across.

Nifty.

elf lvr wrote:
3 *The Last Homely House Elven
Condition * Support Area
Epic.
To play, spot 3 Elven companions.
Fellowship: Remove 2 Elven tokens from here to heal a companion.
And so at last they all came to the Last Homely House, and found its doors flung wide.

Perhaps "spot 3 Elven companions (or Elrond)". Epic means it can’t be discarded, right? If so, I’d make it 3 tokens.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf
At the start of each of your fellowship phases, you may reveal a shadow player’s hand. You may add 3 to make them discard a revealed shadow card.
Skirmish: Exert Elrond to place an Elven tale from your discard pile beneath your draw deck.
He was as noble and as fair in face as an elf-lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer.

"Shadow". Capitalized. PLEASE! Though in this case, probably better to use "opponent" and then later say "...to make that opponent discard...".
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:

maybe or heal a companion?

2 Elven Song-guide Elven
Companion * Elf
the title makes it sound like someone who guides singing...I would make it or exert this companion

If this event was played during the fellowship phase, you may exert an Elf to remove 2.
coolio!

0 Elf-Lantern Elven
Possession * Lantern
nice

Condition * Support Area
Epic.
make it 2 tokens.

Companion * Elf
At the start of each of your fellowship phases, you may reveal a opponent’s hand. You may add 3 to make that opponent discard a revealed Shadow card.

cool!

good batch
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:46 pm
1 *Countless Tales Elven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Each time you play an Elven tale, you may reveal a Shadow player’s hand.
Maneuver: Discard this condition to return another Elven tale from your discard pile to your hand.
I wish I had time to tell you even a few of the tales or one or two of the songs that they heard in that house.

2 Rivendell Border Guard Elven
Companion * Elf
Ranger.
Each time you reveal a Shadow player’s hand, you may make this companion strength +1 until the regroup phase.
Evil things did not come into that valley.

2 *Refreshed and Strong Elven
Condition * Support Area
Each time you reveal a Shadow player’s hand, you may heal a companion.
All of them, the ponies as well, grew refreshed and strong in a few days there. Their clothes were mended as well as their bruises, their tempers and their hopes.

2 Astounding Discovery Elven
Event * Skirmish
Make an Elf strength +2. Then, you may reveal a Shadow player’s hand. Discard a revealed Shadow event.
He held up the map and the white light shone through it. "What is this?" he said. "There are moon-letters here, beside the plain runes."

1 Moon-Runes Elven
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot 2 Elves (or Elrond).
Fellowship: If there are no more than 2 cards stacked here, stack a tale from hand here.
Fellowship: Add 1 to take a card stacked here into hand.
They can only be seen when the moon shines behind them, and what is more, with the more cunning sort it must be a moon of the same shape and season as the day when they were written.
Last edited by elf lvr on Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:11 pm
May I be blessed with ONE review? Pray
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:40 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
elf lvr wrote:
1 Countless Tales Elven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
Maneuver: Discard this condition to return another Elven tale from your discard pile to your hand.
I wish I had time to tell you even a few of the tales or one or two of the songs that they heard in that house.

Hmm... not sure about this one. Maybe have to exert as well?

Companion * Elf
Ranger.
Each time you reveal a Shadow player’s hand, you may make this companion strength +1 until the regroup phase.

Nice.

Condition * Support Area
All of them, the ponies as well, grew refreshed and strong in a few days there. Their clothes were mended as well as their bruises, their tempers and their hopes.

Good.

Event * Skirmish
Make an Elf strength +2. Then, you may reveal a Shadow player’s hand. Discard a revealed Shadow event.
He held up the map and the white light shone through it. "What is this?" he said. "There are moon-letters here, beside the plain runes."

Well, I was going to say it was OP, but I think 2 is good.

1 Moon-Runes Elven
Condition * Support Area
Fellowship: If there are no more than 2 cards stacked here, stack a tale from hand here.
They can only be seen when the moon shines behind them, and what is more, with the more cunning sort it must be a moon of the same shape and season as the day when they were written.
*Maybe* make it unique. Some is good, but don’t want too much hand extension. Should at least have more cultural enforcement. Probably "To play, spot 2 elves", or stack only Elven tales would do it.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:21 am
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Fellowship
Tale.

BROKEN! Razz

elf lvr wrote:

More of a Gondor ability, but looks fine.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Elven Song-guide Elven
Companion * Elf

Elves are not normally good at recursion (except events), so I’m not sure what to make of this one. Perhaps fetching would be better for Elven?

elf lvr wrote:

Too cheap (compare to the Gandalf card I can’t remember the title of). Make it cost 1, even if means changing the fellowship ability to removing 3.

elf lvr wrote:
0 Elf-Lantern Elven
Possession * Lantern

Again far too cheap, especially as it can go straight on Galadriel, Frodo or any other ring-bearer you fancy. Make it unbound companion and bring the cost up to 1 and it’s fine.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Epic.

Awesome! Could easily cost 2 though.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf

Not impressed by the subtitle, but never mind. I really don’t think he should be able to spot Gandalf - in Middle-Earth, he is several thousand years older and totally independent. Other than that, he’s fine.

elf lvr wrote:
1 Countless Tales Elven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.

Too easy. ’Response: If you play an Elven tale, discard this condition to reveal a Shadow player’s hand.’ That is MUCH MUCH more balanced. Same note on recursion, but I suppose if it’s limited to tales it would be alright.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Elf
Ranger.

Fine, but I’d prefer something like healing a companion, exerting a minion or reinforcing some Elven tokens or something like that.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

I don’t like this theme at all. You get something powerful, then a whole load of other things that are also powerful. I’d be willing to put up with 1 card like this, but any more than that seems far too much.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish

I’d make it so that it triggers only if the Elf wins the skirmish or by exerting him. I think you’ve seriously underestimated the power of revealing and messing with someone’s hand. And you should do a lot more with the twilight costs of revealed cards, which makes it feel very nicely grounded in the Elven culture.

elf lvr wrote:
1 Moon-Runes Elven
Condition * Support Area

This is fine.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I am gone 2 weeks and one batch of DC’s? sure it was Christmas and CC was down but still Laughing

elf lvr wrote:
1 Countless Tales Elven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.
cool!

Companion * Elf
Ranger.
maybe add...IDK hunter 1? or are you adamantly against using hunter? I can never remember

Condition * Support Area
cool! maybe should have some cultural reinforcement though.

Event * Skirmish
you may discard a revealed shadow event possibly?

1 Moon-Runes Elven
Condition * Support Area

coolio!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:35 am
elf lvr wrote:
1 Countless Tales Elven
Condition * Support Area
Tale.

Erm seems ok.

Companion * Elf
Ranger.

Ahhh with the above card not being unique this is too hard. I wasnt going to say add • to countless tales but now i would.

Condition * Support Area

Again see above point.

Event * Skirmish

Hmmm bit too good maybe, think the event discarding needs cutting.

1 Moon-Runes Elven
Condition * Support Area

Think it should be unique biut fine.

O and i agree with thrans astute comments on the power of your mechanism.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards