LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which theme do you want me to start the final set in this block on?

Dale and the Kingdom Under the Mountain  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The White Council  
45%
  [ 5 ]  45%

The Shire and the Tooks  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Smaug  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The War of the Dwarves and Orcs  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

Dol Guldur and the Necromancer  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

Total Votes : 11
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:56 am
Ahhh right. Thats fine then. Still unsure why in this specific circumstance that bearing radagast lowers your resistance by 2 though from a storyline perspective and gameplay.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:57 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Ahhh right. Thats fine then. Still unsure why in this specific circumstance that bearing radagast lowers your resistance by 2 though from a storyline perspective and gameplay.

He wasn’t actually that active in the White Council as he mostly didn’t care what happened to Middle-Earth. The only reason he helped in this case was because his home was under threat. Those were my thoughts.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:06 am
Cool much better now i know the designers background. Cheers Thran. GP
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:07 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
2 Good Magic Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Exert a White Council member with resistance X to make a companion strength +X. If that companion is the Ring-bearer, add 2 burdens.
’... but I deem that in days ere long to come it should be in nobler hands than mine, that ma wield it for the kindling of all hearts to courage.’
H3 C 38

I agree with lem0n...this is very nice, but I’d either increase the cost or cap it at +5 or +6.

Thranduil wrote:
4 • Gandalf, Olorin Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Str: 7
Vit: 4
Res: 7
White Council. Terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Gandalf, you may spot 3 White Council members to Lock or Unlock a card until the end of the regroup phase.
... but his joy, and his swift wrath, were veiled in garments as grey as ash, so that only those that knew him well glimpsed the flame that was within.
H3 R 63

Not bad. Not fantastic, but not bad.

Thranduil wrote:
4 • Curunir, Curumo Isengard
Companion • Wizard
White Council. Terror 1.
To play, spot 3 White Council members.
Curunir is strength +1 and resistance -1 for each artifact you can spot.
... Curunir went most among Men, and he was subtle in speech and skilled in all the devices of smithcraft.
H3 R 87

I think it would be better if he were a Gandalf companion. But he’s pretty cool.

Thranduil wrote:
1 • Radagast, Aiwendil Gandalf
Follower
Res: -2
White Council.
Aid - exert a minion.
Radagast can only be borne by a White Council member.
Locked: Skirmish: Make a minion skirmishing bearer strength -1 for each wound on that minion. Discard Radagast.
Radagast was the friend of all beasts and birds...
H3 C 78

Considering how resistance-intensive the WC guys are, the resistance loss is a good drawback. Good combo with Gandalf, which I’m sure you intended. I’ll reserve judgement on the discarding until I see these "lots and lots of ways" to replay him.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anvar
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:16 pm
Good Magic is a great card but unlike most other massive strength pumps, it doesn’t require that much in play (eg Honed, Forearmed). This card is better, the earlier you are in the game.

I like the cost of exerting a companion though, and would consider simply increasing the twilight cost to 3.

Anvar
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:59 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Okay, so now it’s onto some Istari, with an event that I was hinting at before.

2 Good Magic Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Exert a White Council member with resistance X to make a companion strength +X. If that companion is the Ring-bearer, add 2 burdens.
’... but I deem that in days ere long to come it should be in nobler hands than mine, that ma wield it for the kindling of all hearts to courage.’
H3 C 38
balanced...but add a limit, say +6-8

4 • Gandalf, Olorin Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
White Council. Terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Gandalf, you may spot 3 White Council members to Lock or Unlock a card until the end of the regroup phase.
... but his joy, and his swift wrath, were veiled in garments as grey as ash, so that only those that knew him well glimpsed the flame that was within.
H3 R 63
I have been thinking about the lock mechanic, and I think you should call it capture. so it would be to Capture or Free a card until the end of the regroup phase...just an idea. lock never sounded right to me.

4 • Curunir, Curumo Isengard
Companion • Wizard
White Council. Terror 1.
To play, spot 3 White Council members.
Curunir is strength +1 and resistance -1 for each artifact you can spot.
... Curunir went most among Men, and he was subtle in speech and skilled in all the devices of smithcraft.
H3 R 87
works for me

1 • Radagast, Aiwendil Gandalf
Follower
Res: -2
White Council.
Aid - exert a minion.
Radagast can only be borne by a White Council member.
Locked: Skirmish: Make a minion skirmishing bearer strength -1 for each wound on that minion. Discard Radagast.
Radagast was the friend of all beasts and birds...
H3 C 78

I can never remember how the locked:skirmish thing works. explain please.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:17 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Thranduil wrote:

2 Good Magic Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
H3 C 38
balanced...but add a limit, say +6-8

How is that a limit lol? Most companions are going to have a resistance of 6-8 anyway Laughing

I have been thinking about the lock mechanic, and I think you should call it capture. so it would be to Capture or Free a card until the end of the regroup phase...just an idea. lock never sounded right to me.

Capture is being used by Dain already entirely differently though, Locking makes perfect sense the way Thran has done it.

I can never remember how the locked:skirmish thing works. explain please.

Stuff is locked i.e. unusable until you unlock it. Simple. If you lock something up you cant get at it, you have to unlock it first. Skirmish is irrelevant as regards the locked: skirmish. It just means once that cards ability is unlocked it will read skrimish: do X blah blah blah, and you can use its game effect.
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:16 am
Wow, I had a question about my own mechanic answered by someone else! I’m not sure I even need to be here anymore! Laughing

sickofpalantirs wrote:

The problem with that is that it doesn’t only apply to characters, but it is a suggestion I will certainly think on. Think

Dain Ironfoot wrote:
I think it would be better if he were a Gandalf companion.

As you can probably tell by now, I disagree. For Saruman, I think it only makes sense for him to have the White Hand as his culture symbol as he is a separate power in his own right from Gandalf, and he certainly doesn’t belong in Gandalf like Barliman does, for example.

Well, now for the last member of the White Council, and the first of "lots and lots of ways" to replay these guys:

2 • Erestor, Elven Advisor Elven
Follower
Str: +1
White Council.
Aid - place one card from your hand on top of your draw deck.
Ar the start of each skirmish involving bearer, add a threat.
... there were several other counsellors of Elrond’s household, of whom Erestor was the chief...
H3 U 34

Now you may remember Gandalf and the Eagles liked to discard and replay themselves. Well, this is the "maturing" of that strategy:

0 Great Assembly Elven
Event • Fellowship
Exert a member of the White Council to play another White Council member from your draw deck or discard pile.
The White Council was the convergence of the greatest powers serving the Valar since the Last Alliance.
H3 R 34

2 Wisdom of Ages Elven
Event • Regroup
Play a White Council member from your discard pile to reconcile your hand.
... but no sign of age was upon them, unless it were in the depths of their eyes, for these were keen as lances in the starlight...
H3 C 51

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:41 am; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:21 am
Thranduil wrote:

Follower
White Council.
Ar the start of each skirmish involving bearer, add a burden.
... there were several other counsellors of Elrond’s household, of whom Erestor was the chief...
H3 U 34

I would never use this guy, hes useful as heck yeah i can see what he does, but a burden? Way too harsh. Nice balance "at the start of a fight" for him, but add a threat or 2 or something.

0 Great Assembly Elven
Event • Fellowship
Exert a member of the White Council to play another White Council member from your draw deck or discard pile.
The White Council was the convergence of the greatest powers serving the Valar since the Last Alliance.
H3 C 34

Fine, maybe at twilight cost -1? Or +1 strength til the regroup?

1 Wisdom of Ages Elven
Event • Regroup
... but no sign of age was upon them, unless it were in the depths of their eyes, for these were keen as lances in the starlight...
H3 C 51

Wow thats powerful. You might need to increase the cost otherwise the double move is set up too well with no real benefit to the shadow.

Thranduil
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

sickofpalantirs wrote:

The problem with that is that it doesn’t only apply to characters, but it is a suggestion I will certainly think on. Think
you can capture items too...

Follower
White Council.
Ar the start of each skirmish involving bearer, add a burden.
H3 U 34
is erestor a boy or a girl? I can never tell...I don’t see any benefits with him...

0 Great Assembly Elven
Event • Fellowship
H3 C 34
works...though C? no thanks...U or R please

2 Wisdom of Ages Elven
Event • Regroup
H3 C 51

works...though maybe a tad undercosted. 2 benefits for 2 cost. add something else you have to do.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards