LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which theme do you want me to start the final set in this block on?

Dale and the Kingdom Under the Mountain  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The White Council  
45%
  [ 5 ]  45%

The Shire and the Tooks  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Smaug  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The War of the Dwarves and Orcs  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

Dol Guldur and the Necromancer  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

Total Votes : 11
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:38 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
is erestor a boy or a girl? I can never tell...I don’t see any benefits with him...

Definitely a boy!

sickofpalantirs wrote:
works...though maybe a tad undercosted. 2 benefits for 2 cost. add something else you have to do.

You also have to have a White Council member in your discard pile, which is not normally where you want companions.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:32 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
its hard to tell with elves Laughing I still think it needs something else though..
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:08 am
SoP have you never played elves in your life? You dont see the advantage of being able to put any card you want on top of your draw deck in the maneuever?

Wow.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I have only played archery and hunters. Though I suddenly realized why that would be incredibly useful. Almost too good now Wink JK nice card.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:21 pm
Changed Erestor, and here are some more developments on these strategies, which will make them seem a lot more like Eagles and Wizards:

1 Council of the White Wizards Elven
Event * Maneuver or Skirmish
If played in the maneuver phase, discard a White Council member.
If played in the skirmish phase, add 2 and exert a White Council member to discard them.
’I it was who first summoned the White Council. And if my designs had not gone amiss, it would have been governed by Gandalf the Grey...’
H3 U 31

2 Great Deeds Elven
Event • Maneuver
Spot 3 White Council members to choose one: make each White Council member resistance +2 until the regroup phase; or take a spell into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.
Therefore on a time Mithrandir at great peril went again to Dol Guldur and the pits of the Sorceror, and he discovered the truth of his fears, and escaped.
H3 C 40

2 Masterful Preparations Elven
Event * Maneuver
Discard a White Council member to play a non-event Free Peoples card from your draw deck or discard pile. If that card is played on your Ring-bearer, add a burden.
... Mithrandir urged them to swift deeds, but Curunir spoke against him, and counselled them to wait yet and to watch.
H3 R 42

That last one is because I tried making a White Council deck list and it was so huge, I decided they needed some good filtering.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:35 pm; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:34 am
Thranduil wrote:
Changed Erestor, and here are some more developments on these strategies, which will make them seem a lot more like Eagles and Wizards:

1 Coundil of the White Wizards Elven
Event * Maneuver
Discard a White Council member.
’I it was who first summoned the White Council. And if my designs had not gone amiss, it would have been governed by Gandalf the Grey...’
H3 C 31

Ok fine.

3 Great Deeds Elven
Event * Skirmish
Therefore on a time Mithrandir at great peril went again to Dol Guldur and the pits of the Sorceror, and he discovered the truth of his fears, and escaped.
H3 U 40

Hmm possibly balanced by 3 cost but its still good. Hello Sauron, oops wait, now where did i put myself? Maybe exert the member so they cant do it exhausted.

Event * Maneuver
Discard a White Council member to play a non-event Free Peoples card from your draw deck or discard pile. If that card is played on your Ring-bearer, add a burden.
... Mithrandir urged them to swift deeds, but Curunir spoke against him, and counselled them to wait yet and to watch.
H3 R 42

Erm ok seems fine.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:06 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Event * Maneuver
H3 C 31

3 Great Deeds Elven
Event * Skirmish
H3 U 40

I know it would be convoluted, but considering how good Wisdom of Ages is, especially when combined with these, I might combine them into one card so you can only have 4 in your deck instead of 8. Perhaps like this:

1 Great Deeds Elven
Event • Maneuver or Skirmish
If played during the maneuver phase, discard a White Council member.
If played during the skirmish phase, add 1 and exert a White Council member twice to discard him or her.

Thranduil wrote:
Event * Maneuver
H3 R 42

Now with this, you’d have 12 cards that could discard them easily. Too much, so again, I’d definately recommend combining the two above. But this one is fine, and works well even on its own (especially with the White Council followers).
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anvar
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:39 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1 Great Deeds Elven
If played during the maneuver phase, discard a White Council member.
If played during the skirmish phase, add 1 and exert a White Council member twice to discard him or her.

Dain is right. This is the card you should have, and have something else as well to replace the card you lose. I think that the White Council could have a straight strength pump. How about:

1 White Might Elven
Event • Skirmish
Make an Elf Strength +2 or make a White Council member Strength +3.

(You might want to change the name...)

Not the most exciting or original of cards but sometimes you need to do something straightforward.
Anvar
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:10 pm
Thranduil wrote:

Event * Maneuver
H3 C 31
coundil? works, cut cost to 0

3 Great Deeds Elven
Event * Skirmish
H3 U 40
cut cost to 2

Event * Maneuver
H3 R 42

works cut cost to 1 though
"DáinIronfoot"
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:35 pm
Great thoughts, Dain, and have a GP for them! Both cards are changed, though I opted for something a bit different from what Anvar suggested because I don’t think they should have a straight strength pump, partly because of this card (though it’s a bit off topic, and telepathy we’ll come to later):

1 Foresight Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Spot an Elf to reveal the top card of your draw deck. Make a minion skirmishing a White Council character strength -X where X is the twilight cost of the card revealed.
Ever most vigilant was Mithrandir...
H3 C 35

And just for the sake of ease, here are the last 2 cards again with the changes:

1 Council of the White Wizards Elven
If played in the maneuver phase, discard a White Council member.
If played in the skirmish phase, add 2 and exert a White Council member to discard them.
H3 U 31

1 Great Deeds Elven
Event • Maneuver
Spot 3 White Council members to choose one: make each White Council member resistance +1 until the regroup phase; or take a spell into hand from your discard pile.
H3 C 40

And I think a miscellaneous card because we haven’t seen enough from our Wizards yet:

2 • Masters of Magic Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 3 members of the White Council.
Each time a spell is played and you cannot spot 3 cards stacked here, you may stack it here.
Skirmish: Discard a card stacked here to make a companion strength +1 or resistance +1.
’Who made the flood?’ ’Elrond commanded it...’
H3 U 74

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards