LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which theme do you want me to start the final set in this block on?

Dale and the Kingdom Under the Mountain  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The White Council  
45%
  [ 5 ]  45%

The Shire and the Tooks  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Smaug  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The War of the Dwarves and Orcs  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

Dol Guldur and the Necromancer  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

Total Votes : 11
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:03 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

1 Foresight Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Reveal the top card of your draw deck to make a minion skirmishing a White Council character strength -X where X is the twilight cost of the card revealed.
Ever most vigilant was Mithrandir...
H3 C 35
forearmedcoughcough Wink

1 Council of the White Wizards Elven
Event • Maneuver or Skirmish
If played in the maneuver phase, discard a White Council member.
If played in the skirmish phase, add 2 and exert a White Council member to discard them.
’I it was who first summoned the White Council. And if my designs had not gone amiss, it would have been governed by Gandalf the Grey...’
H3 U 31
works

2 Great Deeds Elven
Event • Maneuver
Spot 3 White Council members to choose one: make each White Council member resistance +2 until the regroup phase; or take a spell into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.
Therefore on a time Mithrandir at great peril went again to Dol Guldur and the pits of the Sorceror, and he discovered the truth of his fears, and escaped.
H3 C 40
IDK about this, it seems that the second ability isn’t worth 2 twilight, but the first is. bah.

2 • Masters of Magic Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 3 members of the White Council.
Each time a spell is played and you cannot spot 3 cards stacked here, you may stack it here.
Skirmish: Discard a card stacked here to make a companion strength +2 or resistance +2.
’Who made the flood?’ ’Elrond commanded it...’
H3 U 74

ooo will we be seeing elvish spells?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:38 am
Thranduil wrote:

1 Foresight Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Reveal the top card of your draw deck to make a minion skirmishing a White Council character strength -X where X is the twilight cost of the card revealed.
Ever most vigilant was Mithrandir...
H3 C 35

It needs to spot an elf to reveal, forarmed style telepathy cards shouldnt be used in a non elf deck and this would let it.

1 Council of the White Wizards Elven
Event • Maneuver or Skirmish
If played in the maneuver phase, discard a White Council member.
If played in the skirmish phase, add 2 and exert a White Council member to discard them.
’I it was who first summoned the White Council. And if my designs had not gone amiss, it would have been governed by Gandalf the Grey...’
H3 U 31

Sound.

2 Great Deeds Elven
Event • Maneuver
Spot 3 White Council members to choose one: make each White Council member resistance +2 until the regroup phase; or take a spell into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.
Therefore on a time Mithrandir at great peril went again to Dol Guldur and the pits of the Sorceror, and he discovered the truth of his fears, and escaped.
H3 C 40

I wouldnt say draw deck or discard pile, id just choose one.

2 • Masters of Magic Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 3 members of the White Council.
Each time a spell is played and you cannot spot 3 cards stacked here, you may stack it here.
Skirmish: Discard a card stacked here to make a companion strength +2 or resistance +2.
’Who made the flood?’ ’Elrond commanded it...’
H3 U 74

SoP has a point are these just Gandalf spells or will there be elven spells? Anyway i think this is far too good. It means every pump you play gains strength +2 and the limit is irrelevant as you can discard one in the skirmish to stack another you play. Way too hard. Id change it to no more than 1 card stacked here or 2 maximum and strenght +1 or resistance +1.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:18 am
In all fairness, you’ve already seen 2 Elven spells, Good Magic, and Foresight in that very post! Razz And more are coming.

Changed Master of Magic as have the others according to your suggestions. Good?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:04 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
hee hee Laughing whoops. good elven spellsssss!
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:47 pm
This may be my last chance on the internet for a bit of time, so here are some more cards:

4 Banished From the World Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Spell.
Play a White Council member from your discard pile to discard each minion.
’Ere long now,’ Gandalf was saying, ’the Forest will grow somewhat more wholesome.’
H3 U 53

2 Freed From Horror Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Spell.
Add 2 threats and play a White Council member from your discard pile to remove 2 burdens and heal 2 companions.
’But Saruman has long studied the arts of the enemy himself, and thus we have often been able to forstall him.’
H3 R 62

2 • Ancient Store Isengard (Free Peoples)
Condition • Support Area
Each time a White Council member is discarded, you may stack any cards borne by that card here.
Regroup: Add 1 to play a card stacked here on an eligible White Council member.
’It might be that he had found some weapons that would drive back the Nine.’
H3 U 36

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:57 pm
Thranduil wrote:
This may be my last chance on the internet for a bit of time, so here are some more cards:

3 Banished From the World Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Spell.
’Ere long now,’ Gandalf was saying, ’the Forest will grow somewhat more wholesome.’
H3 U 53
now this could be a rare...but I question the spell keyword...

Event • Regroup
Spell.
Play a White Council member from your discard pile to remove 2 burdens and heal 2 companions.
’But Saruman has long studied the arts of the enemy himself, and thus we have often been able to forstall him.’
H3 R 62
make it Or heal 2 companions IMHO.

2 Ancient Store Isengard (Free Peoples)
Condition • Support Area
Each time a White Council member is discarded, you may stack any cards borne by that card here.
H3 U 36

by that character here...cool!
"DáinIronfoot"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:40 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:

I musta missed something...where you going? Thanksgiving trip of some kind?

Thranduil wrote:
3 Banished From the World Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Spell.
H3 U 53

Holy Toledo! Uh...it MIGHT be balanced, but I’m not sure. Yikes. That makes a particularly nasty combo with your Radagast. I’m tempted to make it a unique discard-to-use condition, or perhaps add a burden or something.

Thranduil wrote:
Event • Regroup
Spell.
Play a White Council member from your discard pile to remove 2 burdens and heal 2 companions.
H3 R 62

Again, awfully powerful. This should definately cost 3 at least...probably 4.

Thranduil wrote:
2 Ancient Store Isengard (Free Peoples)
Condition • Support Area
H3 U 36

I still need to get used to this Isengard FP stuff. d'oh! I think this should have a limit of how many cards can be stacked here, or be unique.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:24 pm
Cards all changed, and no DI, you haven’t missed something. The reason you don’t know where I’m going is because I haven’t told you! Razz

I’m going to Wales though until Wednesday, and I have no idea whether I’ll have internet access or not, hence the sudden bout of cards:

0 • Vilya, Focus of Air Elven
Artifact • Ring
Vit: +1
Res: +1
Bearer must be Gil-Galad or Elrond.
Bearer gains terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer and a minion of strength less than bearer’s resistance, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. Then you may replace it or discard it.
... of all the Elven-rings Sauron most desired to possess [the Three]...
H3 R 50

0 • Nenya, Focus of Water Elven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Galadriel.
Bearer gains terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Galadriel and a minion of strength less than her resistance, you may heal a companion.
... those that had them in their keeping could ward off the decays of time and postpone the weariness of the world.
H3 R 46

0 • Narya, Focus of Fire Elven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Cirdan or Gandalf.
Bearer gains terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer and a minion of strength greater than bearer’s resistance, you may remove a burden.
But Cirdan... divined in him the greatest spirit... and he gave to his keeping the Third Ring, Narya the Red.
H3 R 45

You’ll notice that this set is seriously artifact heavy. Twisted Evil

Thrnduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:45 pm
Thranduil wrote:

Artifact • Ring
Bearer gains terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer and a minion of strength less than bearer’s resistance, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. Then you may replace it or discard it.
H3 R 50
why the brackets around the three?noice

Artifact • Ring
Bearer gains terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer and a minion of strength less than bearer’s resistance, you may heal a companion.
... those that had them in their keeping could ward off the decays of time and postpone the weariness of the world.
H3 R 46
so instead of vitality, it gives res. and terror...interesting.

Artifact • Ring
Bearer gains terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer and a minion of strength greater than bearer’s resistance, you may remove a burden.
But Cirdan... divined in him the greatest spirit... and he gave to his keeping the Third Ring, Narya the Red.
H3 R 45
cool!
You’ll notice that this set is seriously artifact heavy. Twisted Evil

I wuv artifacts. the more the merrier (as long as they can’t be discarded Shame on you )
"DáinIronfoot"
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:06 pm
Thranduil wrote:

Artifact • Ring
Bearer gains terror 1.
H3 R 50

Interesting. Not great, but not bad either. A vitality bonus like the other versions would be nice.

Quote:
Artifact • Ring
Bearer gains terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer and a minion of strength less than bearer’s resistance, you may heal a companion.
H3 R 46

Nice. Again, the vitality bonus is dearly missed.

Quote:
Artifact • Ring
Bearer gains terror 1.
H3 R 45

Again, I don’t think the vitality bonus would make it too good.

Thrnduil[/quote]
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards