LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which theme do you want me to start the final set in this block on?

Dale and the Kingdom Under the Mountain  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The White Council  
45%
  [ 5 ]  45%

The Shire and the Tooks  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Smaug  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The War of the Dwarves and Orcs  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

Dol Guldur and the Necromancer  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

Total Votes : 11
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:53 am
Thranduil wrote:
In all fairness, you’ve already seen 2 Elven spells, Good Magic, and Foresight in that very post! Razz And more are coming.

Changed Master of Magic as have the others according to your suggestions. Good?

Thranduil

HA! Embarassed Bloody good point mate! Oops.

Yeah theyre better now.

Thranduil wrote:

2 Banished From the World Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Spell.
Add a burden and play a White Council member from your discard pile to discard each minion.
’Ere long now,’ Gandalf was saying, ’the Forest will grow somewhat more wholesome.’
H3 U 53

The ease you discard and play companions combined with this awesome text needs to add 2 burdens.

4 Freed From Horror Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Spell.
Play a White Council member from your discard pile to remove 2 burdens and heal 2 companions.
’But Saruman has long studied the arts of the enemy himself, and thus we have often been able to forstall him.’
H3 R 62

Gees again really good but the cost of 4 is irrelevant as you could choose not to move again. Id possibly swap the costs around for the last 2 cards. Make this one add a burden and the othber one cost 4. Cos the first one encourages a double move so a burden is crap for the shadow compared to 4 pool whereas here you could just stop moving making the cost useless whereas a burden would still affect you. Then obviously change it from removing burdens.

2 • Ancient Store Isengard (Free Peoples)
Condition • Support Area
Each time a White Council member is discarded, you may stack any cards borne by that card here.
Regroup: Add 1 to play a card stacked here on an eligible White Council member.
’It might be that he had found some weapons that would drive back the Nine.’
H3 U 36

Wow i dunno about this. Your cards seem like the latter sets of Decipher, escalated like crazy. If you want a mechanism that discards companions and replays them then you have to have a down side to it and losing your stuf is one of them. This makes it a really hard deck format. If you insisted on this, the ease in which you can get a companion back (for a benefit from the cards ive seen) and re-arm them means this needs to cost more.

Thranduil

Wow i found that batch really controversial.

Thranduil wrote:

0 • Vilya, Focus of Air Elven
Artifact • Ring
Res: +1
Bearer must be Gil-Galad or Elrond.
Bearer gains terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer and a minion of strength less than bearer’s resistance, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. Then you may replace it or discard it.
... of all the Elven-rings Sauron most desired to possess [the Three]...
H3 R 50

Sweeeeet.

0 • Nenya, Focus of Water Elven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Galadriel.
Bearer gains terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer and a minion of strength less than bearer’s resistance, you may heal a companion.
... those that had them in their keeping could ward off the decays of time and postpone the weariness of the world.
H3 R 46

Sweeeeet.

0 • Narya, Focus of Fire Elven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Cirdan or Gandalf.
Bearer gains terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer and a minion of strength greater than bearer’s resistance, you may remove a burden.
But Cirdan... divined in him the greatest spirit... and he gave to his keeping the Third Ring, Narya the Red.
H3 R 45

Again, 3rd time lucky. Sweeeeeet.

Thrnduil

... Whereas i found this batch quality Thumbs Up
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:16 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Cards all changed...

Better, though I still worry about Banished From the World a little. Much happier with it, though. But lem0n has some good ideas, so double-check his comments. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
...and no DI, you haven’t missed something. The reason you don’t know where I’m going is because I haven’t told you! Razz

I’m going to Wales though until Wednesday, and I have no idea whether I’ll have internet access or not, hence the sudden bout of cards:

Aha. Well I guess you’re already gone then, but have a good time anyway! Razz

Thranduil wrote:
0 • Vilya, Focus of Air Elven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Gil-Galad or Elrond.
Bearer gains terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer and a minion of strength less than bearer’s resistance, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. Then you may replace it or discard it.
... of all the Elven-rings Sauron most desired to possess [the Three]...
H3 R 50

I agree with EL: I think the vitality bonus would still be okay. For the ability, maybe place it beneath the draw deck or shuffle it into the deck instead of just returning it, because otherwise that creates some powerful combos with cards like Into the West and Might of the Elf-lords, taking all the risk away from them. The discarding part is okay, though.

Thranduil wrote:
0 • Nenya, Focus of Water Elven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Galadriel.
Bearer gains terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer and a minion of strength less than bearer’s resistance, you may heal a companion.
... those that had them in their keeping could ward off the decays of time and postpone the weariness of the world.
H3 R 46

Again, vitality would be nice. No other complaints, as you likely don’t want Galadriel skirmishing much, anyway. However, since this is limited to Galadriel, it would be good to say "Galadriel" instead of "bearer".

Thranduil wrote:
0 • Narya, Focus of Fire Elven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Cirdan or Gandalf.
Bearer gains terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer and a minion of strength greater than bearer’s resistance, you may remove a burden.
But Cirdan... divined in him the greatest spirit... and he gave to his keeping the Third Ring, Narya the Red.
H3 R 45

Hmm. Think Since it removes a burden, it might be better to do this at the END of the skirmish. Makes it a LITTLE more dicey. I know that goes against the other two, but....
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:38 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
why the brackets around the three?

Because the text said ’them’ and there would be no way of telling what it was talking about, so in order to make it clearer I replaced it with [The Three] so that you both understand what I’m talking about and know that I’ve changed it.

lem0nhead wrote:
Gees again really good but the cost of 4 is irrelevant as you could choose not to move again. Id possibly swap the costs around for the last 2 cards. Make this one add a burden and the othber one cost 4. Cos the first one encourages a double move so a burden is crap for the shadow compared to 4 pool whereas here you could just stop moving making the cost useless whereas a burden would still affect you. Then obviously change it from removing burdens.

Great ideas. I’ll swap their costs and add some threats for the second one so that it can still remove burdens. GP

lem0nhead wrote:
Wow i dunno about this. Your cards seem like the latter sets of Decipher, escalated like crazy. If you want a mechanism that discards companions and replays them then you have to have a down side to it and losing your stuf is one of them. This makes it a really hard deck format. If you insisted on this, the ease in which you can get a companion back (for a benefit from the cards ive seen) and re-arm them means this needs to cost more.

I disagree with this though, because the strategy is SO card intensive. None of the White Council members discard or replay themselves, so you need a separate event each time you want to use the combos. Given that, I don’t think it’s too crazy to allow you to hang on to all of your cards for a cost.

To EL and DI, do you mean that you think the Three should have a resistance, vitality AND a terror bonus? Or do you want to replace one of them? I think I’ll change Narya to the end though at DI’s suggestion - just another way to make it stand out.

And to lem0n’s point on escalation, the White Council and Dol Guldur like to have huge costs for huge effects, which makes sense I think for those strategies (they’re a bit of a mirror as you’ll no doubt see at some point), which is why it may seem to be escalation.

And to throw in another card to mix, have a look at this one:

4 • Masters of Lore Elven
Condition • Support Area
Toil 2.
Locked: Each time you play a member of the White Council, you may discard a condition.
Fellowship or Regroup: Discard this condition and spot 3 White Council members to remove a burden.
... Saruman now began to study the lore of the Rings of Power, their making and their history.
H3 C 43

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:28 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I can never remember how that locked ability triggers.

otherwise looks good
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:26 am
Thranduil wrote:

Condition • Support Area
Toil 2.
Locked: Each time you play a member of the White Council, you may discard a condition.
Fellowship or Regroup: Discard this condition and spot 3 White Council members to remove a burden.
... Saruman now began to study the lore of the Rings of Power, their making and their history.
H3 C 43

Thranduil

Insanely good if you can unlock it easily. Dunno if i like how abusive that could be with youre replay of council members. Could kick namarie’s ass. Overall id say sweet card. Nicely balanced generally but im wary of such easy condition removal. Like i said depends on how easily it can be unlocked.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:38 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
To EL and DI, do you mean that you think the Three should have a resistance, vitality AND a terror bonus? Or do you want to replace one of them? I think I’ll change Narya to the end though at DI’s suggestion - just another way to make it stand out.

I think they’d actually be alright with all three, though if you have to take anything out, I’d make it the terror.

Thranduil wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Toil 2.
H3 C 43

I think I’d lower the cost to 1 or 2, get rid of toil, and make that locked ability add some twilight each time it’s used. My reasoning:

- You may as well not even have that fellowship/regroup ability on there with that high cost. There are much better ways to remove burdens than a 4-cost card.

- I think adding, say, 2 each time you use the locked ability would make it a little more balanced. Thumbs Up Gives the Shadow player more of a fighting chance.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:22 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Thranduil wrote:

I think they’d actually be alright with all three, though if you have to take anything out, I’d make it the terror.

Seconded.

Thranduil wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Toil 2.
H3 C 43

Personally, I think it’s fine as is. Elves really don’t have much burden removal (Elf-Song is about it) so they’ll take any they can get, especially with your resistance-style elves. The locked ability is killer, but it IS limited to how many companions you can play (unlike Namarie) so I think it’s alright.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:47 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I would cut the resistance personally. I like the terror bonus
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:06 pm
But resistance is what White Council is all about!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:15 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Unless people think that this idea would be overpowered, I’ll add a vitality bonus to the rings. Thanks EL and DI!

elf lvr wrote:
But resistance is what White Council is all about!

So is terror, as you’ll see reasonably soon! Razz

lem0nhead wrote:
Insanely good if you can unlock it easily. Dunno if i like how abusive that could be with youre replay of council members. Could kick namarie’s ass. Overall id say sweet card. Nicely balanced generally but im wary of such easy condition removal. Like i said depends on how easily it can be unlocked.

Elves can Unlock things with a 0 cost recurring fellowship/maneuver event from the first set, as can Gandalf (though you haven’t seen his version of the cycle yet as it’s from this set), though the easiest way to Unlock it is with the White Council Gandalf who can Lock or Unlock a card at the start of his skirmish until the end of the regroup phase. Is this too much?

I’m vaguely unhappy with Masters of Lore, but unfortunately I’m not altogether convinced by DI’s expert suggestions, so I’ll leave it for the moment and think on it. Think

Talking of that card that I mentioned above, here it is (you may remember the rest of the cycle for Dwarven Elven and Shire from the first set, but you probably won’t!):

0 Up My Sleeve Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
Each time Gandalf is played, you may add 2 to take this event into hand from your discard pile.
Spot Gandalf to Unlock a card (and all cards borne by that card) until the end of the regroup phase.
’And I kept them, though without any design of my own, until the moment when they would prove most useful.’
H3 C 80

And now for some more artifacts which will lead us very nicely into telepathy:

2 Blade of Beleriand Elven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Res: +2
Bearer must be an Elf.
If bearer is Ring-bound, he or she is resistance -2.
Bearer gains terror 1.
Skirmish: Heal a minion skirmishing bearer to reveal the top card of your draw deck.
’They are old swords, very old swords of the High Elves of the West...’
H3 C 27

2 Blade of the West Elven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Res: +2
Bearer must be an Elf or Wizard.
If bearer is Ring-bound, he or she is resistance -2.
Bearer gains terror 1.
Skirmish: Heal a minion skirmishing bearer to take into hand an event from your discard pile of the same culture as bearer.
H3 C 28

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards