LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which theme do you want me to start the final set in this block on?

Dale and the Kingdom Under the Mountain  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The White Council  
45%
  [ 5 ]  45%

The Shire and the Tooks  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Smaug  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The War of the Dwarves and Orcs  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

Dol Guldur and the Necromancer  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

Total Votes : 11
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

0 Up My Sleeve Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
Each time Gandalf is played, you may add 2 to take this event into hand from your discard pile.
Spot Gandalf to Unlock a card (and all cards borne by that card) until the end of the regroup phase.
’And I kept them, though without any design of my own, until the moment when they would prove most useful.’
H3 C 80
works for me. consider giving the shadow a way to prevent, though it has enough text already

2 Blade of Beleriand Elven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Res: +2
Bearer must be an Elf.
If bearer is Ring-bound, he or she is resistance -2.
Bearer gains terror 1.
Skirmish: Heal a minion skirmishing bearer to reveal the top card of your draw deck.
’They are old swords, very old swords of the High Elves of the West...’
H3 C 27
kewl

2 Blade of the West Elven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be an Elf or Wizard.
Bearer gains terror 1.
Skirmish: Heal a minion skirmishing bearer to take into hand an event from your discard pile of the same culture as bearer.
H3 C 28

both have limited utility, basically only good in white council decks

I am assuming that is what you intended though...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:38 am
Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I think they’d actually be alright with all three, though if you have to take anything out, I’d make it the terror.

Unless people think that this idea would be overpowered, I’ll add a vitality bonus to the rings. Thanks EL and DI!

If anything needs to be dropped ever id drop terro as i think its an OP mecahnism. A cool one i like it, but i think its just too strong. Its like giving random people ugluk ugly fellows text and he is hard enough as it is.

elf lvr wrote:
But resistance is what White Council is all about!

So is terror, as you’ll see reasonably soon! Razz

See note above!

lem0nhead wrote:
Insanely good if you can unlock it easily. Dunno if i like how abusive that could be with youre replay of council members. Could kick namarie’s ass. Overall id say sweet card. Nicely balanced generally but im wary of such easy condition removal. Like i said depends on how easily it can be unlocked.

Elves can Unlock things with a 0 cost recurring fellowship/maneuver event from the first set, as can Gandalf (though you haven’t seen his version of the cycle yet as it’s from this set), though the easiest way to Unlock it is with the White Council Gandalf who can Lock or Unlock a card at the start of his skirmish until the end of the regroup phase. Is this too much?

Probably. If you can unlock this card that quickly is too strong.

I’m vaguely unhappy with Masters of Lore, but unfortunately I’m not altogether convinced by DI’s expert suggestions, so I’ll leave it for the moment and think on it. Think

Talking of that card that I mentioned above, here it is (you may remember the rest of the cycle for Dwarven Elven and Shire from the first set, but you probably won’t!):

0 Up My Sleeve Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
Each time Gandalf is played, you may add 2 to take this event into hand from your discard pile.
Spot Gandalf to Unlock a card (and all cards borne by that card) until the end of the regroup phase.
’And I kept them, though without any design of my own, until the moment when they would prove most useful.’
H3 C 80

Yeah its a cool card but be careful the power of the locked cards you release if its easy to unlock stuff.

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be an Elf.
Bearer gains terror 1.
Skirmish: Heal a minion skirmishing bearer to reveal the top card of your draw deck.
H3 C 27

Erm seems ok.

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer gains terror 1.
Skirmish: Heal a minion skirmishing bearer to take into hand an event from your discard pile of the same culture as bearer.
H3 C 28

Think this is too powerful drop the terror and lower cost to 1.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:38 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
0 Up My Sleeve Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
H3 C 80

Okay. As SoP said, it might be good to give the Shadow a way to prevent, such as locking one of their cards or something.

Thranduil wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be an Elf.
Bearer gains terror 1.
H3 C 27

I’m a little worried about non-unique artifacts like this. I know you need many for your set, but combo this with existing cards like Elrond, Elven Lord and/or Aiglos, and you’ve got a darn powerful fellowship. Not to mention that artifacts are almost impossible for the Shadow player to get rid of, leading to a potentially big-time "NPE", as NBarden would say.

Make it unique, or make it a possession, and I love it. Good text, pretty well-balanced, and if anything, it’s a little TOO expensive. But as a non-unique artifact, I worry about the potential (unintended) consequences.

Thranduil wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer gains terror 1.
H3 C 28

Ditto here. Now you can have ALL your companions loaded up with nigh-undiscardable weapons, and add in Gil-galad and Aiglos for a super-companion!

Again, the text and all seems fine...for a possession or UNIQUE artifact. I’m really worried about leaving it as it is.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:02 pm
They’re not undiscardable. In fact, though SoP is not going to like it, I make discarding artifacts a very big point in this set because there are so many, which you’ll see in the Shadow cultures when we finally get there!

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:16 pm
Thanks for all reviews! I think GPs are in order as soon as I’m able!

While we’re still on the theme of ridiculous numbers of artifacts, here are some from a different culture:

2 • Curunir’s Staff Isengard (Free Peoples)
Artifact • Staff
Vit: +1
Bearer must be Curunir.
Skirmish: Exert Curunir twice to reveal the top card of your draw deck. Make a minion skirmishing him strength -X where X is the twilight cost of the card revealed.
Saruman is said (by Gandalf himself) to have been the chief of the Istari...
H3 R 83

0 • Seeing Stone of Orthanc, Focus of Sight Isengard (Free Peoples)
Artifact • Palantir
Res: -1
Bearer must be Curunir.
Maneuver: Add a burden to reveal the top 3 cards of your draw deck. Then you may discard a Free Peoples card revealed to Unlock a card until the end of the turn and replace the rest in any order.
If Beren the Steward considered the Stone at all... he probably thought that it could be in no safer hands than those of the head of the Council...
H3 C 89

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:40 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Artifact • Staff
Bearer must be Curunir.
Skirmish: Exert Curunir twice to reveal the top card of your draw deck. Make a minion skirmishing him strength -X where X is the twilight cost of the card revealed.
H3 R 83
maybe cut it to exert him once, limit twice

Artifact • Palantir
Bearer must be Curunir.
Maneuver: Add a burden to reveal the top 3 cards of your draw deck. Then you may discard a Free Peoples card revealed to Unlock a card until the end of the turn. Replace the rest in any order.
If Beren the Steward considered the Stone at all... he probably thought that it could be in no safer hands than those of the head of the Council...
H3 C 89

cool!
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:49 am
Thranduil wrote:

Artifact • Staff
Bearer must be Curunir.
H3 R 83

Fine. There is something to SoP’s suggestion but exerting once is too strong, exerting twice is too much. Shame u cant exert 1.5 times.

Artifact • Palantir
Bearer must be Curunir.
Maneuver: Add a burden to reveal the top 3 cards of your draw deck. Then you may discard a Free Peoples card revealed to Unlock a card until the end of the turn. Replace the rest in any order.
H3 C 89

Wow thats really good. Even if you choose not to discard a card you still get to organise the top 3 cards? Id say you only get to organise them if you use the ability otherwise replace them as found.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:50 pm
Wouldn’t mind getting at least DI’s review before I leave artifacts behind and go onto followers and telepathy.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:01 pm
yes DI the lem0n and spammer have posted, we need the third reviewer the dwarf!
"DáinIronfoot"
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:56 pm
I’ve decided I’m not going to wait any longer, because I’m going up to Nottingham this evening and won’t be online much if at all until Thursday, and if anyone has any strong opinions, they can catch up afterwards.

So, now moving onto a new theme, or rather the introduction into a more or less new theme based on one we’ve already been introduced to. Basically, that’s a very complicated way of saying that these followers are based similarly to those before, and it will bring us into some telepathy quite nicely.

1 • Elladan and • Elrohir Elven
Follower
Str: +1
Res: -2
Composite.
Aid - exert 2 minions.
To play, spot 3 White Council members.
But here brothers... were out upon errantry, for they rode often far afield with the Rangers of the North...
H3 U 32

1 • Arwen , Daughter of Celebrian Elven
Follower
Res: -2
Aid - heal a White Council member.
So it was that Frodo saw her whom few mortals had yet seen, Arwen, daughter of Elrond, in whom it was said that the likeness of Luthien had come on earth again...
H3 C 26

2 • Legolas, Mirkwood Liberator Elven
Follower
Str: +2
Aid - reveal the top card of your draw deck.
Legolas may only be borne by a White Council member.
If bearer wins a skirmish, add a burden.
’I am at home among trees, by root or bough...’
H3 C 41

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards