LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which theme do you want me to start the final set in this block on?

Dale and the Kingdom Under the Mountain  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The White Council  
45%
  [ 5 ]  45%

The Shire and the Tooks  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Smaug  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The War of the Dwarves and Orcs  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

Dol Guldur and the Necromancer  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

Total Votes : 11
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:11 pm
I think that was the last of the White Council themed cards, so I think I’ll post them all here for any comments on the strategy as a whole. Then I’ll move onto some related cards, but more about Gandalf than the Council.

Elven

1 • Arwen , Daughter of Celebrian Elven
Follower
Res: -2
Aid - heal a White Councillor.
So it was that Frodo saw her whom few mortals had yet seen, Arwen, daughter of Elrond, in whom it was said that the likeness of Luthien had come on earth again...
H3 C 26

2 Blade of Beleriand Elven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Res: +2
Bearer must be an Elf.
If bearer is Ring-bound, he or she is resistance -2.
Bearer gains terror 1.
Skirmish: Heal a minion skirmishing bearer to reveal the top card of your draw deck.
’They are old swords, very old swords of the High Elves of the West...’
H3 C 27

2 Blade of the West Elven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Res: +1
Bearer must be an Elf or Wizard.
If bearer is Ring-bound, he or she is resistance -1.
Bearer gains terror 1.
Skirmish: Heal a minion skirmishing bearer to take into hand an event from your discard pile of the same culture as bearer.
H3 C 28

2 • Celeborn, Elven Lord Elven
Companion • Elf
Str: 6
Vit: 3
Res: 7
White Council.
The twilight cost of each White Councillor is -1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Celeborn, you may switch his strength and resistance values.
... when the shadow passed, Celeborn came forth and lef the hosts of Lorien over Anduin in many boats.
H2 R 29

4 • Círdan, Master of the Grey Havens Elven
Companion • Elf
Str: 7
Vit: 4
White Council.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may spot 3 White Councillors and add a burden to place a Free Peoples card from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.
... Círdan saw further and deeper than any other in Middle-Earth...
H3 R 30

1 Council of the White Wizards Elven
Event • Maneuver or Skirmish
If played in the maneuver phase, discard a White Councillor.
If played in the skirmish phase, add 2 and exert a White Councillor to discard them.
’I it was who first summoned the White Council. And if my designs had not gone amiss, it would have been governed by Gandalf the Grey...’
H3 U 31

1 • Elladan and • Elrohir Elven
Follower
Str: +1
Composite.
Aid - exert 2 minions.
To play, spot 3 White Councillors.
But here brothers... were out upon errantry, for they rode often far afield with the Rangers of the North...
H3 U 32

4 • Elrond, Half-Elven Elven
Companion • Elf
Str: 8
White Council.
Elrond’s twilight cost is -1 for each White Councillor you can spot.
Each White Council character is resistance +1.
The master of the house was an elf-friend - one of those people whose fathers came into the strange stories before the beginning of History...
H3 U 33

2 • Erestor, Elven Advisor Elven
Follower
Str: +1
White Council.
Aid - place one card from your hand on top of your draw deck.
Ar the start of each skirmish involving bearer, add a threat.
... there were several other counsellors of Elrond’s household, of whom Erestor was the chief...
H3 U 34

1 Foresight Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Spot a White Councillor to reveal the top card of your draw deck. Make a minion skirmishing a that character strength -X where X is the twilight cost of the card revealed.
Ever most vigilant was Mithrandir...
H3 C 35

3 • Galadriel, Lady of the Noldor Elven
Companion • Elf
Str: 3
White Council. Terror 1.
To play, spot 2 White Councillors.
While skirmishing an enduring minion, Galadriel is strength +X, where X is her resistance.
Each time Galadriel wins a skirmish, you may remove a burden.
They took Dol Guldur, and Galadriel threw down its walls and laid bare its pits, and the forest was cleansed.
H3 R 36

4 • Glorfindel, High-Elf Lord Elven
Companion • Elf
Str: 9
White Council. Terror 1.
While in your starting fellowship, Glorfindel’s twilight cost is -1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Glorfindel, you may discard the top card of your draw deck to make a White Councillor resistance +X until the regroup phase, where X is the twilight cost of the discarded card.
H3 U 37

3 Good Magic Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Exert a White Councillor with resistance X to make a companion strength +X. If that companion is the Ring-bearer, add 2 burdens.
’... but I deem that in days ere long to come it should be in nobler hands than mine, that ma wield it for the kindling of all hearts to courage.’
H3 C 38

0 Great Assembly Elven
Event • Fellowship
Exert a White Councillor to play another White Councillor from your draw deck or discard pile.
The White Council was the convergence of the greatest powers serving the Valar since the Last Alliance.
H3 R 39

2 Great Deeds Elven
Event • Maneuver
Spot 3 White Councillors to choose one: switch the strength and resistance values of a White Councillor until the regroup phase; or take a Free Peoples spell into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.
Therefore on a time Mithrandir at great peril went again to Dol Guldur and the pits of the Sorceror, and he discovered the truth of his fears, and escaped.
H3 C 40

2 • Legolas, Mirkwood Liberator Elven
Follower
Str: +2
Aid - reveal the top card of your draw deck.
Legolas may only be borne by a White Councillor.
If bearer wins a skirmish, add a burden.
’I am at home among trees, by root or bough...’
H3 C 41

2 Masterful Preparations Elven
Event • Maneuver
Discard a White Councillor to play a non-event Free Peoples card from your draw deck or discard pile. If that card is played on your Ring-bearer, add a burden.
... Mithrandir urged them to swift deeds, but Curunír spoke against him, and counselled them to wait yet and to watch.
H3 R 42

4 • Masters of Lore Elven
Condition • Support Area
Toil 2.
Locked: Each time you play a White Councillor, you may discard a condition.
Fellowship or Regroup: Discard this condition and spot 3 White Councillors to remove a burden.
... Saruman now began to study the lore of the Rings of Power, their making and their history.
H3 C 43

2 • Masters of Light Elven
Condition • Support Area
Locked: Each White Councillor with terror X is resistance +X.
Response: If a character with terror X is assigned to a skirmish, wound another character X times. Discard this condition.
And Curunír... was chosen to be their chief for he had most studied the devices of Sauron of old.
H3 C 44

0 • Narya, Focus of Fire Elven
Artifact • Ring
Vit: +1
Bearer must be Cirdan or Gandalf.
Bearer gains terror 1.
At the end of each skirmish involving bearer and a minion of strength greater than bearer’s resistance, you may remove a burden.
But Cirdan... divined in him the greatest spirit... and he gave to his keeping the Third Ring, Narya the Red.
H3 R 45

0 • Nenya, Focus of Water Elven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Galadriel.
Bearer gains terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Galadriel and a minion of strength less than her resistance, you may heal a companion.
... those that had them in their keeping could ward off the decays of time and postpone the weariness of the world.
H3 R 46

1 Song of Power Elven
Event • Maneuver
Spell.
Spot a White Councillor to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If that card has twilight cost 3 or more, you may make that character gain terror 1 (or terror 2 if the revealed card is a spell or follower) until the regroup phase.
’The river of this valley is under his power, and it will rise in anger when he has great need...’
H3 U 47

1 Terror of the White Elven
Event • Maneuver
Spell.
Spot a White Councillor with terror X to Lock all keywords on X minions until the regroup phase.
In the likeness of Men they appeared, old but vigorous...
H3 C 48

4 • Thranduil, Wise King Elven
Companion • Elf
White Council.
While in your starting fellowship, Thranduil’s twilight cost is -1.
Thranduil is resistance +X where X is the number of wounds on characters in his skirmish.
... Celeborn and Thranduil met in the midst of the forest, and thay named Mirkwood ’Eryn Lasgalen’, the ’Wood of Greenleaves’.
H3 U 49

0 • Vilya, Focus of Air Elven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Gil-Galad or Elrond.
Bearer gains terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer and a minion of strength less than bearer’s resistance, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. Then you may replace it or discard it.
... of all the Elven-rings Sauron most desired to possess [the Three]...
H3 R 50

3 Wisdom of Ages Elven
Event • Regroup
Play a White Councillor from your discard pile to reconcile your hand.
... but no sign of age was upon them, unless it were in the depths of their eyes, for these were keen as lances in the starlight...
H3 C 51

Gandalf

4 Banished From the World Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Spell.
Play a White Councillor from your discard pile to discard each minion.
’Ere long now,’ Gandalf was saying, ’the Forest will grow somewhat more wholesome.’
H3 U 53

2 Freed From Horror Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Spell.
Add 2 threats and play a White Councillor from your discard pile to remove 2 burdens and heal 2 companions.
’But Saruman has long studied the arts of the enemy himself, and thus we have often been able to forstall him.’
H3 R 62

4 • Gandalf, Olorín Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
White Council. Terror 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Gandalf, you may spot 3 White Councillors to Lock or Unlock a card until the end of the regroup phase.
... but his joy, and his swift wrath, were veiled in garments as grey as ash, so that only those that knew him well glimpsed the flame that was within.
H3 R 63

2 • Masters of Magic Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Each time a spell is played and you cannot spot 3 cards stacked here, you may stack it here.
Skirmish: Discard a card stacked here to make a companion strength +1 or resistance +1.
’Who made the flood?’ ’Elrond commanded it...’
H3 U 74

2 Power of Spell Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Spell.
Spot a White Councillor to reveal the top card of your draw deck. You may Lock X cards until the end of the regroup phase, where X is the twilight cost of the card revealed.
... Saruman knew in his heart that the Grey Wanderer had the greater strength... even though he hid his power...
H3 C 76

1 • Radagast, Aiwendil Gandalf
Follower
White Council.
Aid - exert a minion.
Radagast can only be borne by a White Councillor.
Locked: Skirmish: Make a minion skirmishing bearer strength -1 for each wound on that minion. Discard Radagast.
Radagast was the friend of all beasts and birds...
H3 C 78

0 Up My Sleeve Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
Each time Gandalf is played, you may add 2 to take this event into hand from your discard pile.
Spot Gandalf to Unlock a card (and all cards borne by that card) until the end of the regroup phase.
’And I kept them, though without any design of my own, until the moment when they would prove most useful.’
H3 C 80

Isengard (Free Peoples)

2 • Ancient Store Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Each time a White Councillor is discarded, you may stack any cards borne by that card here.
Regroup: Add 1 to play a card stacked here on an eligible White Councillor.
’It might be that he had found some weapons that would drive back the Nine.’
H3 U 86

4 • Curunír, Curumo Isengard
Companion • Wizard
White Council. Terror 1.
Curunír is strength +1 and resistance -1 for each artifact you can spot.
... Curunír went most among Men, and he was subtle in speech and skilled in all the devices of smithcraft.
H3 R 87

2 • Curunír’s Staff Isengard
Artifact • Staff
Bearer must be Curunír.
Each time Curunír wins a skirmish, you may exert him to choose a White Councillor. Switch their strength and resistance values until the regroup phase.
Saruman is said (by Gandalf himself) to have been the chief of the Istari...
H3 R 88

0 • Seeing Stone of Orthanc, Focus of Sight Isengard
Artifact • Palantir
Res: -1
Bearer must be Curunír.
Maneuver: Add a burden to reveal the top 3 cards of your draw deck. Then you may discard a Free Peoples card revealed to Unlock a card until the end of the turn and replace the rest in any order.
If Beren the Steward considered the Stone at all... he probably thought that it could be in no safer hands than those of the head of the Council...
H3 C 89

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:39 pm
I know you guys have opinions on everything, and I’d really like to hear some of your general thoughts on the strategy as a whole, especially with regards to the members themselves, as you tended to have problems with them when I first posted them.

Any input may involve GP giving! (a little bribery never hurt anyone! Razz)

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:00 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
it wouldn’t hurt, especially if i hadn’t already bought everything in the forum shop Wink

first: you seem to stress the resistance and terror mechanics, but if you are really wanting to replace strength for terror and resistance IMHO you ened more cards that switch strength for resistance. you have celeborn and that one 3 cost spell, but otherwise it seemed rather..weak. a lot of the cards could be usefully splashed into other decks, but IMHO the strategy needs a little more beefing up strength wise. Now this is coming from a guy who has only built a single elf deck in his career, which wasn’t even a very good one, so get second opinions.

and I don’t like the good aid, bad ability. that could be replaced with maybe the character gets the bonus if they have high enough resistance, I don’t know...
not exactly very helpful but there they are
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:41 pm
Thanks SoP. GP

Those were very helpful, and I’ll think on your suggestions and will see about changing it soon.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

elf lvr
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:29 pm
I agree with SoP on both points.

They really do need more strength. Even just a more basic pump would be nice, since Celeborn’s specific to himself and the other event does cost an exertion (and potential burdens).
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:55 pm
These are the cards I changed according to your suggestions (and a GP has gone to EL). Any comments?

Companion • Elf
White Council. Terror 1.
While skirmishing an enduring minion, Galadriel is strength +X, where X is her resistance.
They took Dol Guldur, and Galadriel threw down its walls and laid bare its pits, and the forest was cleansed.
H3 R 36

3 Great Deeds Elven
Event • Maneuver
Spot 3 White Councillors to choose one: switch the strength and resistance values of a White Councillor until the regroup phase; or take a Free Peoples spell into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.
Therefore on a time Mithrandir at great peril went again to Dol Guldur and the pits of the Sorceror, and he discovered the truth of his fears, and escaped.
H3 C 40

Artifact • Staff
Bearer must be Curunír.
Each time Curunír wins a skirmish, you may choose a White Councillor. Switch their strength and resistance values until the regroup phase.
H3 R 88

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:45 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Elf
White Council. Terror 1.
H3 R 36

Holy cow...she’s quite the enduring minion sniper. Twisted Evil

Thranduil wrote:
2 Great Deeds Elven
Event • Maneuver
H3 C 40

Now this I REALLY like. Especially useful with weak characters like Galadriel, and really makes all those resistance boosters worthwhile. Good job!

Thranduil wrote:
Artifact • Staff
Bearer must be Curunír.
Each time Curunír wins a skirmish, you may exert him to choose a White Councillor. Switch their strength and resistance values until the regroup phase.
H3 R 88

Not bad, not bad. I like the event a little better, but this is nice because it’s a little more permanent.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:08 pm
Great Deeds might need to be upped to 3, with those kind of options.

A basic pump would still be nice, but good choice on changes. Thumbs Up

GP for a quite original strategy.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:35 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
These are the cards I changed according to your suggestions (and a GP has gone to EL). Any comments?

Companion • Elf
White Council. Terror 1.
H3 R 36
make it wraith or enduring. methinks

2 Great Deeds Elven
Event • Maneuver
H3 C 40
I think it is fine as is.

Artifact • Staff
Bearer must be Curunír.
H3 R 88
l

I likey.

this gives the strategy a lot more beef.
maybe add a few potatoes, bland pumps/possessions that make it all the more useful
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:25 am
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Elf
White Council. Terror 1.
H3 R 36

Bloody hellfire thats one powerful lady, but entirely balanced.

2 Great Deeds Elven
Event • Maneuver
H3 C 40

Coolio.

Artifact • Staff
Bearer must be Curunír.
H3 R 88

Hmmm ok might even cut the exert bit otheriwse its not beneficial enough for the cost.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards