LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)
NBarden
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:32 pm
--- description ---
Basically, don’t let them play anything unless you say so. And destroy everything.
--- end description ---

Mana Base:

Azorius Signet x 3
Izzet Signet x 3
Boros Signet x 3
Boreal Shelf x 4
Snow Covered Mountain x 4
Snow Covered Island x 3
Snow Covered Plains x 3

Instants:

Counterspell x 2
Memory Lapse x 2
Remand x 2

Shattering Spree x 2

Skred x 4

Boomerang x 2

Creatures:

Stuffy Doll x 4
Rimefeather Owl x 4
Numot, The Devastator x 4
Djinn Illuminatus x 4
Pentarch Paladin x 3

Artifacts:

Isochron Scepter x 4

First tri-color deck, and I’m not sure how the mana base will work. But here’s hoping. I’m not sure that the lands will come quick enough for me to get my signets working, or how long that will take. What I do know is that once I get a signet out, I’m good, because each signet can tap to pay for another.

Anyway, the point of the deck is this. Counterspell and Remand kill the spells before they even get to play. Shattering Spree takes care of artifacts, Wrath of God and Skred (mostly a Skred with Djinn is the idea) takes care of creatures, Demystify nukes enchantments, and Numot takes care of lands. Usually. Then, use Isochron Scepter to copy Skred, and replicate it with Djinn. Same with Shattering Spree and Demystify. Once you’ve nuked everything, begin beating up your Stuffy Doll with Skred and start swinging with Numot and Rimefeather Owl.

Enjoy. What I need help on most is the mana curve.
Last edited by NBarden on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:38 pm; edited 3 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:55 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
You want a deck to take care of everything? Run BG. Damnation, Pernicious Deed, Duress, Cabal Therapy, Cranial Extraction, Eternal Witness to get Deed back, Living Wish, Spirit Monger, etc. Add in white, and you suddenly have access to the very impressive Loxodon Hierarch (otherwise just run Ravenous Baloth), but you also get the real "all-around" answer: Vindicate! As for tweaking THIS deck, Artifact and Enchantment removal maindeck are not necessary, you can switch them for some Boomerangs (just imprint on a Scepter and bounce whatever is bothering you) and counter them later. Also, I’d pack Memory Lapse, fun as hell to imprint on a Scepter, even more than Counterspell. I’d also bring in stuff like Condemn, Mana Tithe and Force Spike to clog the early game, and simply pack Cunning Wish maindecked for Orim’s Chant on the sideboard (some maindecked would be nice, as well), while also being able to get Disenchant (takes care of artifacts and enchantments), meaning I’d most likely lose the red altogether. But for the record, for a 3-colored mana base, Shocklands (Ravduals) and Fetchlands are your friends.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:29 pm
The reason I’m running this color combination is because the deck is a half choke, half destroy deck. Hence, Numot, the Devestator. I need more cards that destroy lands.

I AM packing Shattering Spree because who doesn’t use Signets in Extended? Rolling Eyes And with a Numot and a Shattering Spree, suddenly you obliterate their entire mana base!

I’m thinking I’ll run some Memory Lapse, it seems like it has some good clogging capabilities. I’ll run 2x each Remand, Memory Lapse, and Counterspell. Whichever will be best.

And yeah, I’ll cut some Demystify and Shattering Spree for Boomerang.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:21 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
1 - No one really packs signets in Extended.
2 - Even if they did, Vindicate is still better. They need the signet? You blow it. They need a certain land? Blow it. Enchantment? Gone. Creature or Planeswalker? Blown up. And as I said, Spree is a nice sideboard card, but I’d run Cunnig Wish MD any day.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:53 pm
What do people pack in extended? You said everyone packed Signets....

Besides, I like Numot and thus a W/B combo wouldn’t work that well. W/R/U works a lot better for Numot, don’t you agree? Mr. Green

I got a deck somewhat like this together in standard as well. Check out my mana choke. Choke is a LotR term, b/c I’m not sure what you call it in MtG...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)