LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:13 am
Does Balthor, the Defiled return all creatures to play simultaneously or one after another? Or more specifically regarding what I’m trying to do, if I have three copies of the same legendary creature in my graveyard, do the first two cancel out leaving the third in play, or do all three return to my graveyard?

I’m thinking about building a deck that repeatedly bounces Kokusho, the Evening Star between the graveyard and play. Buried Alive can seed the graveyard with 3 copies, and then Balthor can do his business with some extremely short-lived Kokushos but a sizable swing in life. Maybe throw in Exhume or Recurring Nightmare for a cheaper method in the meantime--Damnation, too.

Or just run the best recursion methods that I in all likelihood missed. Razz
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:02 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
When Balthor’s ability resolves, first, the active player returns all his creatures to play, at once, then the non-active player returns all of his. So, sorry, but no Kokushos will stay alive, since after the resolution, SBEs will be checked, and see 3 legendary permanents with the same name in play, sending them all to the graveyard before you even have a chance to respond with anything. They WILL, however, trigger their "put in the graveyard from play" ability, EACH ONE OF THEM, making for a pretty hefty life swing in your favor. Wink
I don't like YOU.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:03 am
Haha, yes! Well I infused some blue into the deck, and it’s working better, although crashing into a Serra Avatar + Angelic Chorus deck sort of put a damper on things. Fun when it sets off, though!

GP for all the help!

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions