LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
NBarden
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:53 pm
--- description ---
Destroy their mana base. Simple as that.
--- end description ---

Mana Base:

Shimmering Grotto x 4
Vivid Crag x 4
Battlefield Forge x 4
Shivan Reef x 4
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth x 2

Prismatic Lens x 4
Springleaf Drum x 4

Birds of Paradise x 4

Creatures:

Detritivore x 4
Numot, The Devestator x 4
Avalanche Riders x 4

Instants/Sorceries:

Momentary Blink x 4
Volcanic Awakening x 2
Boomerang x 2
Wrath of God x 2
Rain of Tears x 4

Enchantments:

Oblivion Ring x 2
Battle Mastery x 2

The point is to destroy all lands with Detritivore, Numot, Avalanche Riders/Momentary Blink and Volcanic Awakening. Jhoira is there to get your expensive stuff, like, Numot and Volcanic Awakening out for cheap. Or to suspend a Detritivore.

Once you’ve got Numot out, give him Battle Mastery. And he starts swinging double. Add a Day Break Coronet and he’s go lifelink, first strike, double strike, and +3/+3. Numot is your beater, and they’ve got nothing they can do about it thanks to your mana choking. Boomerang takes care of anything they DO get in play that Numot can’t clean up.

Have fun!

I think I got a decent multi-color mana base together. I’m thrilled about that, especially since this deck runs 4 colors total. (Yeah, Birds of Paradise don’t REALLY count, but still 4 colors).
Last edited by NBarden on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:06 pm; edited 3 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:20 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Battle Mastery looks cool with Numot, but it’s not THAT cool. You see, Auras, in general, is begging to be 2-for-1’ed, and the combo just costs A LOT of mana to pull off. It’s good, but unless you have more creatures with damage-effects, not worth the deck space, after all, remember, Numot is legendary. Daybreak Coronet is even worse, which is begging to be THREE-for-one’d. Also, Volcanic Awakening costs WAY too much. I know you need UW to play Numot, but LD’ing is better in RB right now, due to cards like Rain of Tears, Smallpox, etc. However, blue CAN play a nice role, specially if you have some early faeries and Mistbind Clique, tapping them out on their upkeep. You also need some counters. I’d drop Detritivore (not that many non-basics to thrive on anymore), and perhaps pack the Boom/Bust + Flagstones of Trokair mini-combo. Oh, and you need WAY more lands. I’d up the land count, drop the accelerators, drop Jhoira, and play a board-sweeper in case you take too long to pick on the LD’ing, namely Wrath of God.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:57 pm
My combo was gonna be Jhoira/Volcanic Awakening to trash lands...

I can run Rain of Tears with the Multi-Color I’ve got going. And then with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, I can run a real multicolor deck.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:17 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Problem is Jhoira won’t make it in time, and by then, they’ll have a bunch of guys out, so you take out their lands, they just keep hitting you. But it COULD work, in theory... Think
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:01 pm
Ah, okay. Gotcha. And cut.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)