LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which theme do I continue with?

Dale and the Kingdom Under the Mountain  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

The Shire and The Tooks  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Smaug  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The War of the Dwarves and Orcs  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Dol Guldur and the Necromancer  
63%
  [ 7 ]  63%

Total Votes : 11
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:26 am
As a reminder, this is part of the third of 3 sets:
H1 - The Hobbit (300 cards, 110C 100U 90R)
H2 - The Battle of the Five Armies (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)
H3 - The White Council (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)

And it’s more or less complete, I just need the approval of the talented DCers of the cobracards forum!

Here is a (very brief) summary of the block mechanics featured in the first set:

Terror X (Each time this character is assigned to skirmish an opponent’s character, they may make that opponent exert X of their characters.)

Winged (This character can only take 1 wound per phase, regardless of its source.)

Locked - (A card that is Locked has blank game text, unless it is Unlocked. An ability or keyword that is Locked is nonexistent unless it is Unlocked.)

Unlocked - (A card can only be Unlocked if a card allows it to be. A card with no Locked text cannot be Unlocked.)

A seriously detailed description of the last two can be found at this link: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4434 (below the Dwarven cards)

There are also a couple more that feature in this set that weren’t in the last, but I’ll get onto them later.

Here’s the culture break down, and clicking on finished cultures will take you to their card lists.

Dwarven - 25
Elven - 26
Gandalf - 33
Gollum - 1
Isengard - 4
Orc - 21
Sauron - 16
Shire - 12
Wraith - 50
White - 12

2 Ancient Axe Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Str: +2
Res: +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
If bearer is Ring-bound and they do not bear another artifact, discard this card from play.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert him twice to remove a burden.
... a silver-hefted axe in a belt crusted with scarlet stones.
H3 C 1

3 • Ancient Houses Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
While you can spot 3 unique Dwarves and 5 threats, the first card you draw each fellowship phase does not count towards the Rule of Four.
’It had been discovered by mu far ancestor, Thrain the Old...’
H3 R 2

2 Bright Helm Dwarven
Artifact • Helm
Res: +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf or Gandalf Man.
If bearer is Ring-bound and they do not bear another artifact, discard this card from play.
Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish, you may Lock him until the end of the regroup phase to make him resistance +2 until the regroup phase.
... studded about the brim with white gems...
H3 C 3

2 • Dain Ironfoot, Son of Nain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 6
Vit: 3
Res: 7
To play, spot a Dwarf.
At the start of each skirmish involving Dain Ironfoot, you may exert him twice and spot 5 threats to remove all threats and discard a minion he is skirmishing.
Up the steps after him leaped a Dwarf with a red axe... Right before the doors he caught Azog, and there he slew him, and hewed off his head.
H3 R 4

1 Dragon’s Armoury Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Spot a unique Dwarf and add a threat to play a Dwarven artifact from your draw deck or discard pile.
They wondered if they were still lying there unharmed in the hall below, the spears that were made for the armies of the great King Bladorthin... shields made for warriors long dead... coats of mail gilded and silvered and impenetrable...
H3 U 5

2 • Dwarves of Yore Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
While Thraín bears an artifact, Thorin and Daín Ironfoot gain terror 1.
While Thror bears an artifact, each Dwarf (and Gandalf Man) with resistance 4 or more is strength +1.
While Durin III bears an artifact, Dwarven artifacts borne by Thror, Thraín and Thorin cannot be discarded.
H3 U 6

1 • Emerald Necklace of Girion Dwarven
Artifact
Res: -2
To play, spot a Gandalf Man.
Bearer must be a Dwarf or Gandalf Man.
While bearer has resistance 4 or more, they are strength +1 for each wound on each character in their skirmish.
... made of five hundred emeralds green as grass, which he gave for the arming of his eldest son in a coat of dwarf-linked rings...
H3 R 7

2 Fire of their Anger Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Spot 2 Dwarves to make any number of minions fierce until the regroup phase. Each of those Dwarves gains terror 1 until the regroup phase.
’This cannot be borne!’
H3 U 8

2 • Gimli, Eager Adventurer Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 6
Res: 6
Each time Gimli is assigned to a skirmish, you must add a threat or Lock him until the regroup phase.
Each time a Dwarf wins a skirmish, you may make Gimli strength +1 and damage +1 until the regroup phase.
’... I was not allowed to go on the quest, too young they said, though at sixty-two I thought myself fit for anything.’
H3 U 9

2 Glittering Mail Dwarven
Artifact • Armor
Vit: +1
Res: -3
To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
Bearer must be a Dwarf or Man.
While bearer has resistance 4 or more, each minion skirmishing them is Locked.
Royal indeed did Thorin look, clad in a coat of gold-plated rings...
H3 R 10

1 • Golden Cup of Thror Dwarven
Artifact
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While bearer has resistance 4 or more, he is Unlocked.
Regroup: Add a burden to draw a card.
... two-handed, hammered and carven with birds and flowers whose eyes and petals were made of jewels...
H3 C 11

3 Kingdom Restored Dwarven
Event • Regroup
Exert a Dwarf and a Gandalf Man both with resistance 4 or more.
If both bear a follower, discard a possession or artifact.
If both bear a possession, discard a minion.
If both bear an artifact, discard a Shadow card.
’Then the prophecies of the old songs have turned out to be true, after a fashion...’
H3 R 12

2 Late and Fresh Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Make a Dwarf strength +3. If that Dwarf wins the skirmish, you may heal him.
... the mailed warriors of Nain, Gror’s son, drove through the Orcs to the very threshold of Moria, crying ’Azog! Azog!’ as they hewed down with their mattocks all who stood in their way.
H3 C 13

2 • Last of the Seven Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Locked: Each Dwarf bearing a ring is damage +1.
Fellowship or Regroup: Play a Dwarven artifact from your discard pile. Discard this condition.
’And he said that he had possessed a Great Ring. Nearly all his ravings were of that.’
H3 R 14

1 Matchless Weapons Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Add a threat to make a Dwarf strength +1 for each artifact and possession he bears. Then, you may discard a possession he bears to make him damage +1 (or discard an artifact he bears to make him damage +2).
H3 C 15

2 • Nain, Son of Gror Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 5
Vit: 4
Res: 7
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Each time Nain takes a threat wound in the skirmish phase, you may wound a minion assigned to him.
Then Nain stood before the Gate and cried with a great voice, ’Azog, if you are in come out! Or is the play in the valley too rough?’
H3 U 16

3 • Nar, Old Companion Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 7
Locked: While Nar bears an artifact, he is strength and resistance +2.
Nar begged him to beware, but he took no heed of him, and walked proudly in as an heir that returns.
H3 U 17

0 Quite Recovered Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Spot 2 unique Dwarves and add a threat to draw a card. The drawn card does not count towards the Rule of Four.
... Dori, Nori, Ori, Oin and Gloin were waterlogged and seemed only half alive, they had to be carried one by one and laid helpless on the shore.
H3 U 18

2 Return At Last Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Dwarf, a Gandalf Man and X threats to draw up to X cards.
Some of the more foolish ran out of the hut as if they expected the Mountain to go golden in the night...
H3 C 19

0 • Ring of Vengeance, Durin’s Ring Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Vit: +1
Bearer must be Durin III, Thror, Thrain or Thorin.
Bearer is damage +1 for each wound on him.
Locked: Response: If a Dwarven card is about to be discarded (except by a Free Peoples card), discard this artifact to prevent it.
’... it needs gold to breed gold.’
H3 R 20

1 Shout Like Thunder Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Exert 2 Dwarves to Lock each keyword on a minion until the end of the regroup phase.
But the Dwarves had the victory through their strength, and their matchless weapons, and the fire of their anger, as they hunted for Azog in every den under the mountains.
H3 C 21

2 Singed Beards Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Dwarf bearing an artifact is about to take a wound, you may add a burden to prevent that wound.
Discard this condition at the start of the regroup phase if you can spot more threats than sites on the site path.
’When I asked how they had got away, they told me to hold my tongue...’
H3 U 22

1 Spear of King Bladorthin Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
Bearer must be a Dwarf or a Gandalf Man.
While bearer has resistance 4 or more, he or she is damage +1.
... each had a thrice-forged head and their shafts were inlaid with cunning gold...
H3 C 23

4 • Thraín, Heir of Durin Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 8
Res: 5
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
While you can spot a threat, Thraín is damage +1.
While you can spot 4 threats, Thraín gains terror 1.
While you cannot add a threat, Dwarves cannot be Locked by Shadow cards.
’Will you come with me back to the anvil? Or will you beg your bread at proud doors?’
H3 R 24

5 • Thror, King Under the Mountain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Vit: 5
Thror’s twilight cost is -1 for each Dwarf and each Gandalf Man you can spot.
Skirmish: Exert Thror to make a Dwarf (or Gandalf Man) bearing an artifact strength +2 (limit +4).
He was a little crazed perhaps with age and misfortune and long brooding on the splendour of Moria in his forefathers’ days...
H3 R 25

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:25 pm; edited 32 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:34 am
Well id continue to do my Battle of the Pelennor but i got some really messed up reviews so i lost enthusiasm for gondor and my orcs were nearing completion but i lack the drive to do it anymore.

Anyway....

The Necromancer!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:54 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Well id continue to do my Battle of the Pelennor but i got some really messed up reviews so i lost enthusiasm for gondor and my orcs were nearing completion but i lack the drive to do it anymore.

You shouldn’t let that discourage you. After all, they’re your DCs, so basically you have to be right! Razz

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:52 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
lem0nhead wrote:

Anyway....

The Necromancer!

everyone apologized...

I say necromancer.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:42 am
Well, it’s so far looking like Dol Guldur, but then again only SoP and Lem0n have voted!

Wouldn’t mind some more votes, though if not I’ll be starting the Wraith culture shortly.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:08 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
What kind of Dwarf would I be if I DIDN’T vote for Erebor and Dale?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:11 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
actually I forgot to vote, so its 3 now.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:39 pm
Dain Ironfoot wrote:
What kind of Dwarf would I be if I DIDN’T vote for Erebor and Dale?

I like the Dale stuff actually - it’s a lot of fun (if I do say so myself).

But Wraith is cool as well.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Thranduil
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:34 pm
Now I’m in something of a pickle. I want to put up some cards as probably my last post in while, but there’s a tie between Dale and Dol Guldur.

So, I’m going to post 2 sets of cards, one from each of the themes, and then we can decide which to pursue:

1. The Kingdom Under the Mountain

Companion • Dwarf
Skirmish: Exert Thror to make a Dwarf (or Gandalf Man) bearing an artifact strength +2 (limit +4).
He was a little crazed perhaps with age and misfortune and long brooding on the splendour of Moria in his forefathers’ days...
H3 R 25

4 • Girion, Lord of Dale Gandalf
Companion • Man
While you can spot a Dwarf and a Gandalf Man, Girion’s twilight cost is -2.
At the start of each skirmish involving Girion and a wounded minion, you may reinforce a Gandalf token (or 2 Gandalf tokens if Girion bears an artifact).
’... in your hoard is mingled much of the wealth of his halls and towns...’
H3 R 65

1 Spear of King Bladorthin Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
... each had a thrice-forged head and their shafts were inlaid with cunning gold...
H3 C 12

2. Dol Guldur (apologies for the lack of lore)

3 Wraith of Dol Guldur Wraith
Minion • Wraith
Sit: 6
Enduring.
To assign this minion to a skirmish, the Free Peoples player must exert it or add a burden.
H3 C 137

6 • Ulaire Attea, Khamul of Dol Guldur Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 12
Sit: 3
Enduring.
Each Wraith minion that is not exhausted gains terror 1.
H3 R 177

0 Threat of Darkness Wraith
Event • Assignment
Spell.
Make a Wraith minion lose terror X until the regroup phase to add X threats. That minion may not gain terror until the regroup phase.
H3 C 175

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:09 pm
Thranduil wrote:

1. The Kingdom Under the Mountain

Companion • Dwarf
Skirmish: Exert Thror to make a companion bearing an artifact strength +2 (limit +4).
H3 R 25
WAY to good. he can easily play for 1-2 and is crazy good. make the skirmish ability +1 max +2, and drop his vitality one IMHO

4 • Girion, Lord of Dale Gandalf
While you can spot a Dwarf and a Gandalf Man, Girion’s twilight cost is -2.
At the start of each skirmish involving Girion and a wounded minion, you may reinforce a Gandalf token (or 2 Gandalf tokens if he bears an artifact).
’... in your hoard is mingled much of the wealth of his halls and towns...’
H3 R 65
coolio

2 Spear of King Bladorthin Dwarven
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
H3 C 12
easily could cut cost to 1

2. Dol Guldur (apologies for the lack of lore)

3 Wraith of Dol Guldur Wraith
Minion • Wraith
Sit: 6
Enduring.
To assign this minion to a skirmish, the Free Peoples player must exert it or add a burden.
H3 C 137
noice

6 • Ulaire Attea, Khamul of Dol Guldur Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 12
Sit: 3
Enduring.
Each Wraith minion that is not exhausted is terror 1.
H3 R 177
works

0 Threat of Darkness Wraith
Event • Assignment
Spell.
Make a Wraith minion lose terror X until the regroup phase to add X threats. That minion may not gain terror until the regroup phase.
H3 C 175

cool
overall score

dwarves win.
change my vote to dale.
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards