LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which theme do I continue with?

Dale and the Kingdom Under the Mountain  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

The Shire and The Tooks  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Smaug  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The War of the Dwarves and Orcs  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Dol Guldur and the Necromancer  
63%
  [ 7 ]  63%

Total Votes : 11
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:36 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
5 • Thror, King Under the Mountain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 8
Vit: 5
Res: 5
Thror’s twilight cost is -1 for each Dwarf and each Gandalf Man you can spot.
Skirmish: Exert Thror to make a companion bearing an artifact strength +2 (limit +4).
He was a little crazed perhaps with age and misfortune and long brooding on the splendour of Moria in his forefathers’ days...
H3 R 25

MAYBE limit that last ability to Dwarves and Men.

Thranduil wrote:
4 • Girion, Lord of Dale Gandalf
Str: 7
Vit: 4
Res: 6
While you can spot a Dwarf and a Gandalf Man, Girion’s twilight cost is -2.
At the start of each skirmish involving Girion and a wounded minion, you may reinforce a Gandalf token (or 2 Gandalf tokens if he bears an artifact).
’... in your hoard is mingled much of the wealth of his halls and towns...’
H3 R 65

I think that "he" should be "Girion" for a little more clarity. But he’s nifty. I like how he can start with, say, Gimli and another Gandalf Man.

Thranduil wrote:
2 Spear of King Bladorthin Dwarven
Str: +2
Res: -2
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
Bearer must be a Dwarf or a Gandalf Man.
While bearer has resistance 4 or more, he or she is damage +1.
... each had a thrice-forged head and their shafts were inlaid with cunning gold...
H3 C 12

I know exactly where this is from. Good find. Thumbs Up Oh, and nice card. Though with the drawback and spotting requirements, it might be okay at 1.

Oh, and I just noticed that this and the last card lack card types. I assume they’re supposed to be "Companion • Man" and "Artifact • Hand Weapon"?

Thranduil wrote:
3 Wraith of Dol Guldur Wraith
Minion • Wraith
Vit: 3
Sit: 6
Enduring.
To assign this minion to a skirmish, the Free Peoples player must exert it or add a burden.
H3 C 137

Might be better at 6 strength, or maybe 4.

Thranduil wrote:
6 • Ulaire Attea, Khamul of Dol Guldur Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 12
Sit: 3
Enduring.
Each Wraith minion that is not exhausted is terror 1.
H3 R 177

Is it "is terror 1" or "gains terror 1"?

Also, this should probably have text that prevents exerting him during the skirmish phase, as other enduring Nazzies have.

Thranduil wrote:
0 Threat of Darkness Wraith
Event • Assignment
Spell.
Make a Wraith minion lose terror X until the regroup phase to add X threats. That minion may not gain terror until the regroup phase.
H3 C 175

Yes! Shadow spells! Thumbs Up Should the second "terror" be bolded?

I still vote for Dale/Erebor first.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:35 am
Thranduil wrote:

1. The Kingdom Under the Mountain

5 • Thror, King Under the Mountain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 8
Vit: 5
Res: 5
Thror’s twilight cost is -1 for each Dwarf and each Gandalf Man you can spot.
Skirmish: Exert Thror to make a Dwarf or Gandalf Man bearing an artifact strength +2 (limit +4).
He was a little crazed perhaps with age and misfortune and long brooding on the splendour of Moria in his forefathers’ days...
H3 R 25

Sweetly balanced dude.

4 • Girion, Lord of Dale Gandalf
Companion • Man
Vit: 4
Res: 6
While you can spot a Dwarf and a Gandalf Man, Girion’s twilight cost is -2.
At the start of each skirmish involving Girion and a wounded minion, you may reinforce a Gandalf token (or 2 Gandalf tokens if Girion bears an artifact).
’... in your hoard is mingled much of the wealth of his halls and towns...’
H3 R 65

Could start him with gimli and a gandalf man. Hmmm seems a bit good. Nice gametext.

1 Spear of King Bladorthin Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
Bearer must be a Dwarf or a Gandalf Man.
While bearer has resistance 4 or more, he or she is damage +1.
... each had a thrice-forged head and their shafts were inlaid with cunning gold...
H3 C 12

Sound.

2. Dol Guldur (apologies for the lack of lore)

Whats your excuse? Razz

3 Wraith of Dol Guldur Wraith
Minion • Wraith
Sit: 6
Enduring.
To assign this minion to a skirmish, the Free Peoples player must exert it or add a burden.
H3 C 137

Think this should be phrased The freeps player must exert this minion or add a burden to assign it to a skirmish. Sound card.

6 • Ulaire Attea, Khamul of Dol Guldur Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 12
Sit: 3
Enduring.
Each Wraith minion that is not exhausted gains terror 1.
H3 R 177

Each non exhausted wraith minion sounds better but i may be wrong. This seems so broken its untrue. Every minion??? So i play 4 wraith minions and if the freeps isnt playing archery then they have to exert 4 chars? Ouch. OP. I know theyre enduring but terror as i have said before is a much more powerful mechanism.

0 Threat of Darkness Wraith
Event • Assignment
Spell.
Make a Wraith minion lose terror X until the regroup phase to add X threats. That minion may not gain terror until the regroup phase.
H3 C 175

Sound.

Thranduil

I cant decide which to vote for. Ill stick with my decision as everyone seems to do dwarves and i havent seen too many wraith stuff in a while.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:45 am
Given that SoP said he changed his vote, we’re now going into Dale and the Kingdom Under the Mountain. So here are some more juicy artifacts (notice their rarities Twisted Evil)

1 • Emerald Necklace of Girion Dwarven
Artifact
To play, spot a Gandalf Man.
Bearer must be a Dwarf or Gandalf Man.
While bearer has resistance 4 or more, they are strength +1 for each wound on each character in their skirmish.
... made of five hundred emeralds green as grass, which he gave for the arming of his eldest son in a coat of dwarf-linked rings...
H3 R 7

2 Glittering Mail Dwarven
Artifact • Armor
Vit: +1
Res: -3
To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
Bearer must be a Dwarf or Man.
While bearer has resistance 4 or more, each minion skirmishing them is Locked.
Royal indeed did Thorin look, clad in a coat of gold-plated rings...
H3 R 10

1 • Golden Cup of Thror Dwarven
Artifact
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While bearer has resistance 4 or more, he is Unlocked.
Regroup: Add a burden to draw a card.
... two-handed, hammered and carven with birds and flowers whose eyes and petals were made of jewels...
H3 C 11

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:30 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Given that SoP said he changed his vote, we’re now going into Dale and the Kingdom Under the Mountain. So here are some more juicy artifacts (notice their rarities Twisted Evil)

Artifact
To play, spot 2 Gandalf Men.
Locked: While bearer has resistance 4 or more, they are strength +1 for each wound on each character in their skirmish.
... made of five hundred emeralds green as grass, which he gave for the arming of his eldest son in a coat of dwarf-linked rings...
H3 R 7
nice!

Artifact • Armor
To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
H3 R 10
these cards are really hard to gauge the balance of. I would make it to play spot 2 dwarves and call it good

Artifact
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
... two-handed, hammered and carven with birds and flowers whose eyes and petals were made of jewels...
H3 C 11

cool! GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:30 am
Thranduil wrote:

Artifact
Locked: While bearer has resistance 4 or more, they are strength +1 for each wound on each character in their skirmish.
H3 R 7

Doesnt seem particularly good. Cost 1 for res -2 until you can unlock it? And even then isnt that great, a burden or 2 screws it up. Needs something more or it wouldnt see deck use.

Artifact • Armor
To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
H3 R 10

Sweeet, but general vitality boosts arent good as DI will tell you. Needs unique or something.

Artifact
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
H3 C 11

Just bearer or all bearers cards does this apply to?

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:46 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Artifact
H3 R 7

Interesting. But I agree with lem0n: this just doesn’t seem worth it.

Thranduil wrote:
Artifact • Armor
To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
H3 R 10

Once again, I agree with lem0n. However, I think this is about as balanced as a general vitality booster can be, thanks to the resistance lowering. I hate to go against my normal argument, but I think this might actually be okay.

Thranduil wrote:
Artifact
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
H3 C 11

Lem0n asks a good question: is the text of that Dwarf unlocked, or the text of all cards they bear unlocked? Makes a big difference.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:06 pm
Thranduil wrote:

Artifact
H3 R 7

If the spotting requirement were a little less hefty, I’d say it was okay.

Quote:
Artifact • Armor
To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
H3 R 10

One problem: is there any way to give your dwarves more resistance? Most only start with 6...

Quote:
Artifact
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
H3 C 11

Seems okay. How many dwarves with Locked abilities are you going to have, though?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:33 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Seems okay. How many dwarves with Locked abilities are you going to have, though?

A LOT. Firstly, there’s one version of most of the 13 Dwarves with Locked abilities from the first set, then their composites from the second as well as a couple of non-unique guys, and at least one from this set can be locked, depending on circumstances.

lem0nhead wrote:
Just bearer or all bearers cards does this apply to?

Just bearer - to apply to all their cards, it would have to say so (like Up My Sleeve in my other DC thread). Why, do you think it’s not good enough then?

I Unlocked the ability on the Necklace. Good?

elf lvr wrote:
One problem: is there any way to give your dwarves more resistance? Most only start with 6...

I’m glad you asked that question Razz...

2 Ancient Axe Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Res: +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
If bearer is Ring-bound and they do not bear another artifact, discard this card from play.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish and you can spot 2 burdens, you may exert him to remove a burden.
... a silver-hefted axe in a belt crusted with scarlet stones.
H3 C 1

2 Bright Helm Dwarven
Artifact • Helm
Res: +2
If bearer is Ring-bound and they do not bear another artifact, discard this card from play.
Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish and you can spot 3 burdens, you may Lock him until the end of the regroup phase to remove a burden.
... studded about the brim with white gems...
H3 C 3

And while we’re on the subject of artifacts:

1 Dragon’s Armoury Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Spot a unique Dwarf and add a threat to play a Dwarven artifact from your draw deck or discard pile.
They wondered if they were still lying there unharmed in the hall below, the spears that were made for the armies of the great King Bladorthin... shields made for warriors long dead... coats of mail gilded and silvered and impenetrable...
H3 U 5

And what artifacts could be complete without a nice ring to finish it off?

0 • Ring of Vengeance, Durin’s Ring Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Durin III, Thror, Thrain or Thorin.
Bearer is damage +1 for each wound on him.
Locked: Response: If a Dwarven card is about to be discarded (except by a Free Peoples card), discard this artifact to prevent it.
’... it needs gold to breed gold.’
H3 R 21

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:38 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

2 Ancient Axe Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert him to remove a burden.
H3 C 1
so basically the first ability only applies to the RB when he doesn’t have a ring...I think it could be cut.

2 Bright Helm Dwarven
Artifact • Helm
Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish, you may Lock him until the end of the regroup phase to remove a burden.
H3 C 3
works cut cost to 1 maybe

Event • Fellowship
Spot a unique Dwarf and add a threat to play a Dwarven artifact from your draw deck.
They wondered if they were still lying there unharmed in the hall below, the spears that were made for the armies of the great King Bladorthin... shields made for warriors long dead... coats of mail gilded and silvered and impenetrable...
H3 U 5
cool!

Artifact • Ring
Locked: Response: If a Dwarven card is about to be discarded (except by a Free Peoples card), discard this artifact to prevent it.
H3 R 21

the lore doesn’t fit with the title...I would cut one of the possible bearers. which is your choice
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:23 pm
Thranduil wrote:

2 Ancient Axe Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert him to remove a burden.
H3 C 1

Dwarven burden removal? Yuck.

Quote:
2 Bright Helm Dwarven
Artifact • Helm
Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish, you may Lock him until the end of the regroup phase to remove a burden.
H3 C 3

I still don’t like dwarven burden removal.

You just LOVE resistance themed cards, don’t you?

Quote:
Event • Fellowship
Spot a unique Dwarf and add a threat to play a Dwarven artifact from your draw deck.
H3 U 5

Okay.

Quote:
Artifact • Ring
H3 R 21

Nice one!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards