LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which theme do I continue with?

Dale and the Kingdom Under the Mountain  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

The Shire and The Tooks  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Smaug  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The War of the Dwarves and Orcs  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Dol Guldur and the Necromancer  
63%
  [ 7 ]  63%

Total Votes : 11
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:40 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Rohan men from hunters block mention resistance, like their possession discarding cards doesnt mean rohan get burden removal cos they TOO dont remove burdens, cos they TOO are fighters. Just because youre going for resistance doesnt mean that should have an effect on a cultures abilities to remove burdens.

But it’s not a major theme, it’s just an extra cost. You’re not going to make a whole deck based on Rohan resistance.

The only way you’re going to do it is by running a specific strategy, eg. G for Grand, and then it only works by using Glamdring, Foe-hammer and Watch and Wait etc.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:49 am
Shall we say agree to disagree? Razz

LOL its really not worth our debate they’re your DC’s i apologise for getting too involved in the argument.

Mods please split this off if Thran wishes his thread de spammified. Call it culture strengths in the meta or something... Very Happy
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:03 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Shall we say agree to disagree? Razz

LOL its really not worth our debate they’re your DC’s i apologise for getting too involved in the argument.

Mods please split this off if Thran wishes his thread de spammified. Call it culture strengths in the meta or something... Very Happy

Hey, no worries. I love a good argument! Razz

Have a GP!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:09 pm
Okay, going back 2 pages (Laughing) and leaving aside the fact that it’s burden removal for the Dwarven culture, any comments on the balance of these cards (because I imagine you’ve forgotten what they were by now!)?

2 Ancient Axe Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Str: +2
Res: +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
If bearer is Ring-bound and they do not bear another artifact, discard this card from play.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert him twice to remove a burden.
... a silver-hefted axe in a belt crusted with scarlet stones.
H3 C 1

2 Bright Helm Dwarven
Artifact • Helm
Res: +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf or Gandalf Man.
If bearer is Ring-bound and they do not bear another artifact, discard this card from play.
Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish, you may Lock him until the end of the regroup phase to make him resistance +2.
... studded about the brim with white gems...
H3 C 3

And another artifact to add to the plethora for this theme:

1 • Black Arrow Gandalf
Artifact
Bearer must be Bard.
Each time a minion is played, you may discard 2 cards from hand to take Black Arrow into hand from your discard pile.
You may exert a Gandalf Man to play Black Arrow any time you could play a maneuver or archery event.
Archery: Discard Black Arrow from play to wound a minion.
’You have never failed me...’
H3 R 58

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:47 pm; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

2 Ancient Axe Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish and you can spot 2 burdens, you may exert him to remove a burden.
H3 C 1
make it and you can spot either more or less then 2 burdens

2 Bright Helm Dwarven
Artifact • Helm
Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish and you can spot 3 burdens, you may Lock him until the end of the regroup phase to remove a burden.
H3 C 3
I guess. maybe bearer must be... except the ringbearer and cut the if bearer is ringbound clause

1 • Black Arrow Gandalf
Artifact
Bearer must be Bard.
Each time a minion is played, you may discard 2 cards from hand to take Black Arrow into hand from yyour discard pile.
You may exert a Gandalf Man to play Black Arrow any time you could play an event.
H3 R 58

yyour?

artifact•arrow IMHO cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:45 am
Thranduil wrote:

2 Ancient Axe Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish and you can spot 2 burdens, you may exert him to remove a burden.
H3 C 1

ARGH! Even ignoring your blatant mistreatment of the dwarf culture this is one of the best burden removing cards of any culture! Its not unique so 6 burdens could become 2 burdens in one turn. Either a. up the spotting of burdens to about 4 or b. Exert twice. Best review i can do sorry Thran i just wanna scream please stop it now!

2 Bright Helm Dwarven
Artifact • Helm
Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish and you can spot 3 burdens, you may Lock him until the end of the regroup phase to remove a burden.
H3 C 3

Gah! Non-unique again, these are all like giving everyone foe hammers. Surely disreagrding the fact its dwarves you can see this is getting too hard? Youre practically never going to have more than 2 burdens at this rate.

1 • Black Arrow Gandalf
Artifact
Bearer must be Bard.
Each time a minion is played, you may discard 2 cards from hand to take Black Arrow into hand from your discard pile.
You may exert a Gandalf Man to play Black Arrow any time you could play an event.
H3 R 58

Erm weeeeeeird phrasing. Any time you could play an event, thats like always? I think thats a bit strong. Meh maybe not, interesting card. Glad it doesnt mention burdens!

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anvar
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:54 pm
Thranduil wrote:

2 Ancient Axe Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
H3 C 1

I agree that Dwarves should have some means of dealing with burdens/resistance but this seems too good. I go for exert him twice to remove a burden.

2 Bright Helm Dwarven
Artifact • Helm
H3 C 3

I don’t like this one. Seems too easy and can be combined with the axe above. I vote that having just the axe above should be sufficient, though having a card that increases the resistance of all unbound Dwarves might be okay to replace this one. Note that even Gondor can discard conditions (Catapult, Athelas) they just aren’t good at it. I don’t see anything wrong with one card for Dwarves that can remove burdens.

And another artifact to add to the plethora for this theme:

1 • Black Arrow Gandalf
Artifact
Bearer must be Bard.
H3 R 58
I think you need to specify when it can be played, eg. any time you could play an Archery or Maneuver event, just in case someone thinks they can play it in the Shadow phase or something. It seems very powerful but fun and characterful. I like how the cost to return it to hand ties in with the cards in hand theme.

Thranduil
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:48 pm
Okay changed according to Lem0n’s and Anvar’s suggestions. Good?

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Anvar
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:45 pm
Anvar say: Good!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:01 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
make ancient ax unique IMHO
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards