LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which theme do I continue with?

Dale and the Kingdom Under the Mountain  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

The Shire and The Tooks  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Smaug  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The War of the Dwarves and Orcs  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Dol Guldur and the Necromancer  
63%
  [ 7 ]  63%

Total Votes : 11
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:26 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
make ancient ax unique IMHO

I agree but yeah look better.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:49 pm
Let’s have some more cards on this artifact theme:

2 Singed Beards Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Dwarf bearing an artifact is about to take a wound, you may add a burden to prevent that wound.
Discard this condition at the start of the regroup phase if you can spot more threats than sites on the site path.
’When I asked how they had got away, they told me to hold my tongue...’
H3 U 23

2 • Last of the Seven Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Locked: Each Dwarf bearing a ring is damage +1.
Fellowship or Regroup: Play a Dwarven artifact from your discard pile. Discard this condition.
’And he said that he had possessed a Great Ring. Nearly all his ravings were of that.’
H3 R 14

3 Kingdom Restored Dwarven
Event • Regroup
Exert a Dwarf and a Gandalf Man both with resistance 4 or more.
If both bear a follower, discard a possession or artifact.
If both bear a possession, discard a minion.
If both bear an artifact, discard a Shadow card.
’Then the prophecies of the old songs have turned out to be true, after a fashion...’
H3 R 12

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:33 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:18 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

2 Singed Beards Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Dwarf bearing an artifact is about to take a wound, you may add a burden or a threat to prevent it.
Discard this condition at the start of the regroup phase if you can spot more threats than sites on the site path.
H3 U 23
cool!

Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Fellowship or Regroup: Play a Dwarven artifact from your discard pile. Discard this condition.
’And he said that he had possessed a Great Ring. Nearly all his ravings were of that.’
H3 R 14
cool!

Event • Regroup
’Then the prophecies of the old songs have turned out to be true, after a fashion...’
H3 R 12

cut cost to 1.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:11 am
Thranduil wrote:

2 Singed Beards Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Dwarf bearing an artifact is about to take a wound, you may add a burden or a threat to prevent it.
H3 U 23

Very powerful after about site 5 this will stay on the table and be a bit good. Id pick either threat or burden not both otherwise its too versatile.

Condition • Support Area
Tale.
H3 R 14

Fine.

Event • Regroup
H3 R 12

Niiiiice.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:05 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
2 Singed Beards Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Dwarf bearing an artifact is about to take a wound, you may add a burden to prevent it.
H3 U 23

"prevent that wound".

Thranduil wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
H3 R 14

Niftiness.

Thranduil wrote:
Event • Regroup
H3 R 12

I want to recommend cutting the cost a little, but considering this could theoretically do all three at once, it’s probably fine. I LOVE the potential of this and a Dáin/Brand starting fellowship. Cool
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:09 pm
Good to have such an non-controversial batch once in while! Razz

This lot might be a bit more so though:

2 Return At Last Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Dwarf, a Gandalf Man and X threats to draw up to X cards.
Some of the more foolish ran out of the hut as if they expected the Mountain to go golden in the night...
H3 C 20

0 Quite Recovered Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Spot 2 unique Dwarves and add a threat to draw a card. The drawn card does not count towards the Rule of Four.
... Dori, Nori, Ori, Oin and Gloin were waterlogged and seemed only half alive, they had to be carried one by one and laid helpless on the shore.
H3 U 19

3 • Ancient Houses Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
While you can spot 3 unique Dwarves and 5 threats, the first card you draw each fellowship phase does not count towards the Rule of Four.
’It had been discovered by mu far ancestor, Thrain the Old...’
H3 R 2

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:21 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Good to have such an non-controversial batch once in while! Razz

This lot might be a bit more so though:

2 Return At Last Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Some of the more foolish ran out of the hut as if they expected the Mountain to go golden in the night...
H3 C 20
cut cost to 1

Event • Fellowship
Spot 2 unique Dwarves and add a threat to draw a card. The drawn card does not count towards the Rule of Four.
... Dori, Nori, Ori, Oin and Gloin were waterlogged and seemed only half alive, they had to be carried one by one and laid helpless on the shore.
H3 U 19
NOW this is controversial. I say no messing with rules, but since its benefits are minor get several other opinions

Condition • Support Area
Tale.
While you can spot 3 unique Dwarves and 5 threats, the first card you draw each fellowship phase does not count towards the Rule of Four.
H3 R 2

again makes things interesting, good cut cost to 1-2 IMHO
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:00 am
Thranduil wrote:

2 Return At Last Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
H3 C 20

Sound.

Event • Fellowship
H3 U 19

Hmmm its balanced but relatively useless. Despite it being ok, im with SoP, try not to smeg with the rules too much.

Condition • Support Area
Tale.
H3 R 2

Ditto.

Thranduil
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:27 pm
Well, let’s have a few more companions for this strategy:

4 • Thraín, Heir of Durin Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 8
Vit: 4
Res: 5
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
While you can spot a threat, Thraín is damage +1.
While you can spot 4 threats, Thraín gains terror 1.
While you cannot add a threat, Dwarves cannot be Locked by Shadow cards.
’Will you come with me back to the anvil? Or will you beg your bread at proud doors?’
H3 R 24

3 • Man of Dale Gandalf
Companion • Man
Str: 4
Vit: 3
Res: 6
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Man of Dale’s twilight cost is -1 for each Gandalf card with a token on it.
Man of Dale is strength +1 for each Gandalf, Dwarven and Elven artifact you can spot.
Bard had rebuilt the town in Dale and men had gathered to him from the Lake...
H3 C 71

And now for the first of one of my favoured horizontal cycles, which is based on the cycle from Bloodlines, (which I will probably refer to in future as ’Bloodline Cards’) such as Wells of Deep Memory, Stewards’ Legacy, Kings’ Legacy etc. and each time I do it, a character will be mentioned from outside the block, as you’ll see:

2 • Race of Dale Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Each time your hand size goes below 5 cards, you may spot Girion to make each companion bearing an artifact resistance +1 until the regroup phase.
Each time your hand size goes below 3 cards, you may spot Bard to exert a minion.
Each time your hand size goes below 1 card, you may spot Brand to heal a Dwarf or Gandalf Man.
H3 U 77

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:00 pm
Thranduil wrote:

4 • Thraín, Heir of Durin Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 8
Vit: 4
Res: 5
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
While you can spot a threat, Thraín is damage +1.
While you can spot 5 threats, Thraín gains terror 1.
While you cannot add a threat, Dwarves cannot be Locked by Shadow cards.
’Will you come with me back to the anvil? Or will you beg your bread at proud doors?’
H3 R 24
works for me

3 • Man of Dale Gandalf
Companion • Man
Str: 4
Vit: 3
Res: 6
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Man of Dale’s twilight cost is -1 for each Gandalf card with a token on it.
Man of Dale is strength +1 for each Free Peoples artifact you can spot.
Bard had rebuilt the town in Dale and men had gathered to him from the Lake...
H3 C 71
this card is interesting. on its own horrible. but with say 6 artifacts out this guy gets beastly. alltogether to hard to judge...

2 • Race of Dale Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Each time your hand size goes below 1 card, you may spot Girion to make each companion bearing an artifact resistance +1 until the regroup phase.
Each time your hand size goes below 3 cards, you may spot Bard to exert a minion.
Each time your hand size goes below 5 cards, you may spot Brand to heal a Dwarf or Gandalf Man.
H3 U 77

the first one should be more powerful. getting rid of that many cards is tough
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards