LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which theme do I continue with?

Dale and the Kingdom Under the Mountain  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

The Shire and The Tooks  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Smaug  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The War of the Dwarves and Orcs  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Dol Guldur and the Necromancer  
63%
  [ 7 ]  63%

Total Votes : 11
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:09 am
Thranduil wrote:
Well, let’s have a few more companions for this strategy:

4 • Thraín, Heir of Durin Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 8
Vit: 4
Res: 5
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
While you can spot a threat, Thraín is damage +1.
While you can spot 5 threats, Thraín gains terror 1.
While you cannot add a threat, Dwarves cannot be Locked by Shadow cards.
’Will you come with me back to the anvil? Or will you beg your bread at proud doors?’
H3 R 24

Seems ok.

3 • Man of Dale Gandalf
Companion • Man
Str: 4
Vit: 3
Res: 6
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Man of Dale’s twilight cost is -1 for each Gandalf card with a token on it.
Man of Dale is strength +1 for each Free Peoples artifact you can spot.
Bard had rebuilt the town in Dale and men had gathered to him from the Lake...
H3 C 71

Id limit the artifacts to certain cultures that are more relevant to him. Cant see how the red arrow would give him a bonus.

2 • Race of Dale Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Each time your hand size goes below 1 card, you may spot Girion to make each companion bearing an artifact resistance +1 until the regroup phase.
Each time your hand size goes below 3 cards, you may spot Bard to exert a minion.
Each time your hand size goes below 5 cards, you may spot Brand to heal a Dwarf or Gandalf Man.
H3 U 77

The strongest power there is the easiest to access and the lamest ability is hardest to access. Id swap the first and last one round.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:57 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
4 • Thraín, Heir of Durin Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 8
Vit: 4
Res: 5
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
While you can spot a threat, Thraín is damage +1.
While you can spot 5 threats, Thraín gains terror 1.
While you cannot add a threat, Dwarves cannot be Locked by Shadow cards.
’Will you come with me back to the anvil? Or will you beg your bread at proud doors?’
H3 R 24

Living dangerously with all those threats, eh? Perhaps do 4 threats for the second one.

Thranduil wrote:
3 • Man of Dale Gandalf
Companion • Man
Str: 4
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Man of Dale’s twilight cost is -1 for each Gandalf card with a token on it.
Man of Dale is strength +1 for each Free Peoples artifact you can spot.
Bard had rebuilt the town in Dale and men had gathered to him from the Lake...
H3 C 71

I agree with the juciy fruit; limit it to Dwarven and Gandalf artifacts. And I know it’s against your policy, but I’d come up with a name for this guy, because "Man of Dale" just sounds silly when you have it in the text.

Thranduil wrote:
2 • Race of Dale Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Each time your hand size goes below 1 card, you may spot Girion to make each companion bearing an artifact resistance +1 until the regroup phase.
Each time your hand size goes below 3 cards, you may spot Bard to exert a minion.
Each time your hand size goes below 5 cards, you may spot Brand to heal a Dwarf or Gandalf Man.
H3 U 77

That first one is just...useless. Do something different, or do 5 cards for the first ability and 1 for the last.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:35 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Id limit the artifacts to certain cultures that are more relevant to him. Cant see how the red arrow would give him a bonus.

But then I’d have to name 3 different cultures! Whatever, I’ve done it.

lem0nhead wrote:
The strongest power there is the easiest to access and the lamest ability is hardest to access. Id swap the first and last one round.

It was that way round originally, but then I thought I’d change it because the Girion ability was so central to the Dwarven/Gandalf artifact strategy. Nevertheless, it’s changed.

Thanks guys!

Now we’ve mostly run out of Dwarven cards, but I do have some more Gandalf cards to get through, as well as my second Bloodline card. Some of these cards are more to do with post-Hobbit Dale than the ones so far, but never mind. And, you may recognise the first one from a DC contest a while back (I think it was one of lem0n’s).

3 • Bard, Heir of Girion Gandalf
Companion • Man
Str: 6
Res: 7
While you can spot another Gandalf Man, Bard is an archer.
While you can spot an Elf, Bard is strength +2.
While you can spot a Dwarf, Bard is damage +1.
’I am Bard, and by my hand was the dragon slain and your treasure delivered...’
H3 R 54

1 Cram Gandalf
Possession
To play, spot a Gandalf Man.
Bearer must be a companion.
Regroup: If bearer is a Man, Hobbit or Wizard, discard this possession to heal them.
Regroup: If bearer is a Dwarf, discard this possession to remove a threat.
Regroup: If bearer is an Elf, discard this possession to draw 2 cards.
’... such as the Dalemen make...’
H3 U 60

2 • Dwarves of Yore Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
While Thorin bears an artifact, he is damage +1.
While Thraín bears an artifact, Thorin and Daín Ironfoot gain terror 1.
While Thror bears an artifact, each Dwarf (and Gandalf Man) with resistance 4 or more is strength +1.
While Durin III bears an artifact, Dwarven artifacts borne by Thorin, Thraín and Thorin cannot be discarded.
H3 U 6

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Man
H3 R 54
cool!

1 Cram Gandalf
Possession
To play, spot a [gandalf[ Man.
Regroup: If bearer is a Man, Hobbit or Wizard, discard this possession to heal them.
H3 U 60
I like it. is cram=lembas? I can never remember

Condition • Support Area
While Thror bears an artifact, each Dwarf (and Man) with resistance 4 or more is strength +1.
While Durin III bears an artifact, Dwarven artifacts borne by Thorin, Thraín and Thorin cannot be discarded.
H3 U 6

dwarves of yore Laughing change the title...no seriousness at all. personally I would cut the durin ability.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:35 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
I like it. is cram=lembas? I can never remember

Cram is a lower-level lembas. The quote I used comes from the Lord of the Rings when Gimli starts stuffing his face with lembas because he thinks it’s cram, but you actuall need a lot less lembas to sustain you.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
dwarves of yore Laughing change the title...no seriousness at all. personally I would cut the durin ability.

In my defence, it is a direct quote from the Hobbit! Razz

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:50 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Man
H3 R 54

Yeah, I remember this one. Good card, though maybe better with resistance 7.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Cram Gandalf
Possession
To play, spot a [gandalf[ Man.
H3 U 60

Grammer problem there, chief, with your [s and ]s. I think "him or her" would be better than "them", though from experience that’s a pet peeve of yours. Rolling Eyes Nice flexible card that encourages splashing Gandalf Men...always a good thing.

Thranduil wrote:
Condition • Support Area
While Thror bears an artifact, each Dwarf (and Man) with resistance 4 or more is strength +1.
H3 U 6

I think I’d actually cut the Durin ability too. He doesn’t really fit in with the others, it’s pretty cluttered as it is now, and there are very few cards that discard artifacts anyway. Oh, and I’d limit the Thror one to Gandalf Men, personally.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:24 pm
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Man
H3 R 54

Sweeeet.

Quote:
1 Cram Gandalf
Possession
H3 U 60

A little cluttered, but all in all it’s alright.

Quote:
Condition • Support Area
While Thror bears an artifact, each Dwarf (and Gandalf Man) with resistance 4 or more is strength +1.
H3 U 6

I might take out the Durin part if you feel it’s too cluttered. But it also works as-is, I think.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:02 am
Thranduil wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:

But then I’d have to name 3 different cultures! Whatever, I’ve done it.

lem0nhead wrote:

It was that way round originally, but then I thought I’d change it because the Girion ability was so central to the Dwarven/Gandalf artifact strategy. Nevertheless, it’s changed.

Wow you took TWO of my suggestions? Im honoured! Wink

Now we’ve mostly run out of Dwarven cards, but I do have some more Gandalf cards to get through, as well as my second Bloodline card. Some of these cards are more to do with post-Hobbit Dale than the ones so far, but never mind. And, you may recognise the first one from a DC contest a while back (I think it was one of lem0n’s).

Yup it was indeed.

Companion • Man
H3 R 54

Sweetness.

1 Cram Gandalf
Possession
H3 U 60

Argh the hideous amount of text! My eyes! Thats some real easy healing for a non unique possession. Id be wary of the first ability as the possession only costs 1 but the rest look ok.

Condition • Support Area
H3 U 6

Should maybe cost 3, not sure.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:31 pm
Yes, those cards were uncharacteristically cluttered weren’t they!

I’m afraid that I really want Durin III on Dwarves of Yore, that basically being the whole point of the card, so any other suggestions?

Now for some more lake/dalemen:

2 Laketown Boatman Gandalf
Companion • Man
Fellowship: If you have exactly 6 cards in hand, discard a card from hand to reinforce a Gandalf token.
Regroup: Remove a Gandalf token to draw a card.
... when Dale in the North was rich and prosperous, they had been wealthy and powerful, and there had been fleets of boats on the waters...
H3 C 68

3 • Laketown Rower Gandalf
Companion • Man
Str: 7
To play, spot 2 Gandalf Men.
At the start of each skirmish involving Laketown Rower, you may reinforce a Gandalf token for each wound on each minion he is skirmishing.
They were making a raft of barrels, and the raft-elves would soon be steering it all down the stream to the Lake-town.
H3 U 69

1 Laketown Boat Gandalf
Possession • Boat
To play, exert a Gandalf Man.
Bearer must be a Gandalf Man.
Maneuver: Spot a culture and exert bearer to take into hand a possession of that culture from your discard pile.
... boats and rowers were put at their service...
H3 U 67

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:33 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Yes, those cards were uncharacteristically cluttered weren’t they!

I’m afraid that I really want Durin III on Dwarves of Yore, that basically being the whole point of the card, so any other suggestions?
decide it isn’t the point of the card and cut it Wink

2 Laketown Boatman Gandalf
Companion • Man
Fellowship: If you have exactly 6 cards in hand, discard a card from hand to reinforce a Gandalf token.
Regroup: Remove a Gandalf token to draw a card.
... when Dale in the North was rich and prosperous, they had been wealthy and powerful, and there had been fleets of boats on the waters...
H3 C 68
make the regroup ability or reinforce a dwarf token IMHO

3 • Laketown Rower Gandalf
Companion • Man
Str: 7
To play, spot 2 Gandalf Men.
At the start of each skirmish involving Laketown Rower, you may reinforce a Gandalf token for each wound on each minion he is skirmishing.
They were making a raft of barrels, and the raft-elves would soon be steering it all down the stream to the Lake-town.
H3 U 69
7 strength for a rower?

2 Laketown Boat Gandalf
Possession • Boat
To play, exert a Gandalf Man.
Bearer must be a Gandalf Man.
Maneuver: Spot a culture and exert bearer to take into hand a possession of that culture from your discard pile.
... boats and rowers were put at their service...
H3 U 67

cut cost to 1
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards