LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which theme do I continue with?

Dale and the Kingdom Under the Mountain  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

The Shire and The Tooks  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Smaug  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The War of the Dwarves and Orcs  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Dol Guldur and the Necromancer  
63%
  [ 7 ]  63%

Total Votes : 11
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:22 am
Thranduil wrote:
Yes, those cards were uncharacteristically cluttered weren’t they!

I’m afraid that I really want Durin III on Dwarves of Yore, that basically being the whole point of the card, so any other suggestions?

Make it 2 cards. With 2 abilites each?

2 Laketown Boatman Gandalf
Companion • Man
Str: 6
Vit: 3
Res: 6
Fellowship: If you have exactly 6 cards in hand, discard a card from hand to reinforce a Gandalf token.
Regroup: Remove a Gandalf token to draw a card.
... when Dale in the North was rich and prosperous, they had been wealthy and powerful, and there had been fleets of boats on the waters...
H3 C 68

Fine.

3 • Laketown Rower Gandalf
Companion • Man
Str: 7
To play, spot 2 Gandalf Men.
At the start of each skirmish involving Laketown Rower, you may reinforce a Gandalf token for each wound on each minion he is skirmishing.
They were making a raft of barrels, and the raft-elves would soon be steering it all down the stream to the Lake-town.
H3 U 69

Cool.

2 Laketown Boat Gandalf
Possession • Boat
To play, exert a Gandalf Man.
Bearer must be a Gandalf Man.
Maneuver: Spot a culture and exert bearer to take into hand a possession of that culture from your discard pile.
... boats and rowers were put at their service...
H3 U 67

Seems ok nothing special. Cut cost to 1 i think.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:41 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
7 strength for a rower?

Rowers have to be very strong! Razz
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:21 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
2 Laketown Boatman Gandalf
Companion • Man
Str: 6
Fellowship: If you have exactly 6 cards in hand, discard a card from hand to reinforce a Gandalf token.
Regroup: Remove a Gandalf token to draw a card.
... when Dale in the North was rich and prosperous, they had been wealthy and powerful, and there had been fleets of boats on the waters...
H3 C 68

Neato. Gandalf could use a little more token manipulation.

Thranduil wrote:
3 • Laketown Rower Gandalf
Companion • Man
Str: 7
To play, spot 2 Gandalf Men.
At the start of each skirmish involving Laketown Rower, you may reinforce a Gandalf token for each wound on each minion he is skirmishing.
They were making a raft of barrels, and the raft-elves would soon be steering it all down the stream to the Lake-town.
H3 U 69

That’s one beefy rower. Must have arms like Rambo! Razz

Thranduil wrote:
1 Laketown Boat Gandalf
Possession • Boat
To play, exert a Gandalf Man.
Bearer must be a Gandalf Man.
Maneuver: Spot a culture and exert bearer to take into hand a possession of that culture from your discard pile.
... boats and rowers were put at their service...
H3 U 67

Name’s kind of dull...maybe even something simple like "Rowboat of Laketown". *shrug* Unless you want this able to fetch Shadow possessions, make sure you specify FP cultures.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:51 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Unless you want this able to fetch Shadow possessions...

That’s exactly what I intended it to do! Good one for picking it up. It’s supposed to pick up all sorts of flotsam and jetsam from the lake.

No, you may (or may not) have noticed that most of the Gandalf Men cards from this set involve tokens, but I haven’t actually spoiled any cards with tokens on them. Well, that is about to change:

1 • Market Place Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot a Gandalf Man to add a Gandalf token here.
Each time you play a Gandalf Man, you may add a Gandalf token here.
Fellowship: Remove 2 tokens from here or discard this condition to take a Gandalf event into hand from your discard pile.
H3 C 73

1 • Warm Welcome Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot a Gandalf Man to add a Gandalf token here.
Each time you play a non-Gandalf companion, you may add a Gandalf token here.
Fellowship: Remove 2 tokens from here or discard this condition to heal a companion.
H3 C 82

1 Astonishing Enthusiasm Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
Spot 2 Gandalf Men to choose one: reinforce 2 Gandalf tokens; or remove a Gandalf token to remove a threat, draw a card, or discard a card from hand.
A large house was given up to Thorin and his company... and crowds sat outside and sang songs all day...
H3 C 52

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:25 am; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:56 pm
Thranduil wrote:
1 • Market Place Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: Remove 2 tokens from here or discard this condition to take a Gandalf event into hand from your discard pile.
H3 C 73

It’s good practice to specify the culture of a token at all times, so you should probably specify Gandalf tokens in the fellowship ability. But this looks good. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
1 • Warm Welcome Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: Remove 2 tokens from here or discard this condition to heal a companion.
H3 C 82

Good! That’s one thing the Gandalf Men are really lacking in so far: healing.

Thranduil wrote:
Event • Fellowship
Spot 2 Gandalf Men to choose one: reinforce 2 Gandalf tokens; or remove a token to remove a threat, draw a card, or discard a card from hand.
A large house was given up to Thorin and his company... and crowds sat outside and sang songs all day...
H3 C 52

Very important to specify Gandalf token in the second part, I think.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:17 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

1 • Market Place Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
H3 C 73
maybe except a spell?

1 • Warm Welcome Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
H3 C 82
noice

Event • Fellowship
Spot 2 Gandalf Men to choose one: reinforce 2 Gandalf tokens; or remove a Gandalf token to remove a threat, draw a card, or discard a card from hand.
H3 C 52

the or is unnecasary with the choose one
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:13 am
Thranduil wrote:

1 • Market Place Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
H3 C 73

Reinforcing this would make it too good. As is, its balanced and nifty but once you start abusing it, it would becomes not funny. May need cost uppage to counter this.

1 • Warm Welcome Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
H3 C 82

Same comment as above so maybe up the token cost.

Event • Fellowship
H3 C 52

Seems fine.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:31 am
Lem0n: I’m going to leave them because the first one has the Rule of 4 as a limit and the two don’t work together very well (because each Gandalf Man you play is a non-Gandalf companion you can’t.

Last cards on this theme coming up, which are the last token cards, designed specifically to work with Dwarves and Elves respectively.

1 • Warriors In Armour Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Free Peoples card adds one or more threats, you may add a Gandalf token here.
Skirmish: Remove 2 tokens from here or discard this condition to make a Gandalf Man (or Dwarf) bearing a possession or artifact strength +2.
H3 U 83

1 • White Oars Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Each time your hand size goes below 4 cards, you may add a Gandalf token here.
Maneuver: Remove 2 tokens from here or discard this condition to exert a minion.
H3 U 83

I don’t like the adding trigger on Warriors In Armour, so any suggestions for a better one will be much appreciated.

After this we’re finishing off the Gandalf culture with Beorn and some Eagles.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:52 am
Thranduil wrote:

Condition • Support Area
Each time a Free Peoples card adds one or more threats, you may add a Gandalf token here.
Skirmish: Remove 2 tokens from here or discard this condition to make a Gandalf Man (or Dwarf) bearing a possession or artifact strength +2.
H3 U 83

Fine.

1 • White Oars Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Remove 2 tokens from here or discard this condition to exert a minion.
H3 U 83

Hmmm 4 condition all stated the same for 1 culture. Think this is too much of one thing. This one is fine too it wasnt a criticism of this card, just seems excessive.

I don’t like the adding trigger on Warriors In Armour, so any suggestions for a better one will be much appreciated.

Glad you think so cos i wasnt that struck. How about each time a free peoples cards discards a card from your hand? Works well with your gandy men doesnt it?

Thranduil
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:01 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Condition • Support Area
H3 U 83

I think "adds any number of threats" would be good, or perhaps "at least one threat".

Thranduil wrote:
1 • White Oars Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
H3 U 83

This one could be reinforced like crazy with proper abuse. But it’s probably okay.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards