LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which theme do I continue with?

Dale and the Kingdom Under the Mountain  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

The Shire and The Tooks  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Smaug  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

The War of the Dwarves and Orcs  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Dol Guldur and the Necromancer  
63%
  [ 7 ]  63%

Total Votes : 11
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:42 am
Thranduil wrote:

2 • Race of the Beornings Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Each time Beorn wins a skirmish, you may return a minion from your discard pile into your hand.
Each time Grimbeorn wins a skirmish, you may place a minion that you have removed from the game in your discard pile.
H3 U

I dont like cards that bring cards back from out of the game. Its out of the game. Kaput. Thats the point. if you make the cards re-accessible youre pretending its just another discard pile and it shouldnt be, plus it makes Great Animal even sicker than it is. Sorry Thran but dont think the second part should be there. First part is fine.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:59 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Menace and lem0n both make excellent points. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:22 am
Thranduil wrote:
For some unknowable reason, I stopped getting emails for this topic, even though I never stopped watching it, so I’ve completely missed all this for a while. As to the pointless quote, obviously I pressed quote instead of edit when I changed the title of the thread, which explains why I had to change the title again afterwards.

As to lem0n and DI’s points, the whole point of the Gandalf Eagles is the same as that of Gandalf and the White Council. You only have to look through a couple of Gandalf cards from the first set and you’ll see it.

So, now onto Beorn, the beginning of which can be found at that link above, and the continuation of which can be found here, just in case you’ve forgotten what he can do.

Here are the two versions of Beorn from this block:

4 • Beorn, Agreeable Host Gandalf
Companion • Man
Str: 7
Vit: 4
Res: 8
Damage +1. Defender +1.
Fellowship: If you cannot spot 4 companions, exert Beorn to remove 1 (or exert him twice at a dwelling to remove 3).
’... and you must be careful not to annoy him, or heaven knows what will happen.’
H1 C 89

Eh...IDK. With HttWC and NStS, this seems underpowered. Oh wait, they’re banned/restricted. I think its okay.

4 • Beorn, Skin-Changer Gandalf
Companion • Man
Skirmish: If you cannot spot 4 companions, exert Beorn make him strength +5 (limit +10) and damage +1. Until the end of the regroup phase, he is not a Man.
’... sometimes he is a huge black bear, sometimes he is a great strong black haired man with huge arms and a great beard.’
H1 R 90

Strength +10. Whoa. Like it.

And here is another important card you should bear in mind:

3 Great Animal Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Exert Beorn and remove a minion from your discard pile from the game to make Beorn strength +X, where X is that minion’s strength.
... Bilbo thought he saw away to the right, or to the left, the shadowy form of a great bear prowling along in the same direction.
H2 R 64

Grimbeorn pwns!

The first thing I’m going to do is throw in another Bloodlines card (for which I made the decision to scrap a Laketown card last week, which is why there is no lore and it may be a bit scrappy - better ideas for a title would be most appreciated):

Condition • Support Area
Each time Beorn wins a skirmish, you may return a minion from your discard pile into your hand.
Each time Grimbeorn wins a skirmish, you may place a minion that you have removed from the game in your discard pile.
H3 U

Check out this MtG card. That’s the problem with magic. When you remove something from the game, its not removed from the game. You can still play cards from your sideboard, removed from game zone, binder, booster pack you just opened 5 minutes ago...erm...okay, maybe not, but when something is removed from the game, its gone. Completely. That’s what makes LotR NOT MtG, and it would be a shame to watch LotR morph into a MtG copycat. The LotR removed from the game pile should be, to quote the MtG card, "absolutely-removed-from-the-freaking-game-forever zone."

Thranduil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:42 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

4 • Beorn, Agreeable Host Gandalf
Companion • Man
Damage +1. Defender +1.
Fellowship: If you cannot spot 4 companions, exert Beorn to remove 1 (or exert him twice at a dwelling to remove 3).
’... and you must be careful not to annoy him, or heaven knows what will happen.’
H1 C 89
I guess...

4 • Beorn, Skin-Changer Gandalf
Companion • Man
Skirmish: If you cannot spot 4 companions, exert Beorn make him strength +5 (limit +10) and damage +1. Until the end of the regroup phase, he is not a Man.
’... sometimes he is a huge black bear, sometimes he is a great strong black haired man with huge arms and a great beard.’
H1 R 90
snazzy!

3 Great Animal Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Exert Beorn and remove a minion from your discard pile from the game to make Beorn strength +X, where X is that minion’s strength.
... Bilbo thought he saw away to the right, or to the left, the shadowy form of a great bear prowling along in the same direction.
H2 R 64
cut cost to 2 IMSO

Condition • Support Area
H3 U

I don’t like being able to take cards removed from the game back...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:13 pm
Like I said, it was a particularly scrappy card.

Nevertheless, it is now changed, especially according to m64’s suggestions. Any thoughts?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
menace64
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:42 pm
Thranduil wrote:
2 • Trusty and Valiant Race Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Each time Beorn wins a skirmish, you may heal another Gandalf Man.
Each time Grimbeorn wins a skirmish, you may make another Gandalf Man strength +2 until the regroup phase.
At the start of the regroup phase, if neither Beorn nor Grimbeorn lost a skirmish at this site, you may remove 4.
H3 U

It’s certainly a lot better, but now there’s a new problem: The regroup action can be used in any deck, regardless of whether or not you’re using Beorn or Grimbeorn (they can’t lose a skirmish if they aren’t in play).

The first two lines are GREAT - they would really work wonders in the right deck, and could be used in any deck that runs either of the Beornings.

A suggestion for that regroup action (which feels more like fluff than something that belongs on the card, but if you want to use it, that’s still awesome) would be:

Regroup: If Beorn and Grimbeorn did not lose a skirmish this site, spot both of them and discard this condition to remove 4.

I added the discard part to make the condition a debate-condition (as I’ve always called them)... it’s good to keep in play, but at the same time you need to decide if it’s the right time to ditch it.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:46 pm
Great Menace. Taken your suggestion, and you have some GP for some awesome ideas.

Thanks!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:13 pm
I’ve actually now changed the concept of the Bloodlines card to fit in with this strategy, so I think I’ll post it again before moving onto the real deal:

Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Beorn and Grimbeorn. If you can spot 4 companions, discard this condition.
Each time Beorn wins a skirmish, you may heal Grimbeorn.
Each time Grimbeorn wins a skirmish, you may make Beorn strength +2 until the regroup phase.
At the start of the regroup phase, you may transfer a Gandalf follower from a companion to your support area to remove 3.
H3 U

0 Bears’ Meeting Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
If you cannot spot 4 companions, spot Beorn to play a Gandalf follower from your draw deck.
’I should say there were little bears, large bears, ordinary bears, and gigantic big bears, all dancing outside from dark to nearly dawn.’
H3 C 56

1 Beorning Gandalf
Follower
Str: +2
Aid - Discard a card from hand.
To play, spot Beorn or Grimbeorn.
When transferred to Beorn or Grimbeorn, you may heal him.
In spite of the dangers of this far land bold men had of late been making their way back into it from the South...
H3 C 57

2 Great Bear Gandalf
Follower
Vit: +1
When transferred to a non-Gandalf companion, exert bearer twice.
Bearer is defender +1 and damage +1.
’There must have been a regular bears’ meeting outside here last night...’
H3 U 66

2 Bear of the North Gandalf
Follower
Str: +1
If you can spot 4 companions when this follower transfers, exert each companion.
Bearer gains terror 1 and each time they are assigned to a skirmish you may reinforce a Free Peoples token.
There were many of them, and they were brave and well-armed...
H3 R 55

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:34 am
Thranduil wrote:

Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Beorn and Grimbeorn. If you can spot 4 companions, discard this condition.
Each time Grimbeorn wins a skirmish, you may make Beorn strength +2 until the regroup phase.
At the start of the regroup phase, you may transfer a Gandalf follower from a companion to your support area to remove 3.
H3 U

I think the last ability is too good on top of the other 2 existing ones. This pretty much means you remove 3 pool every turn as you would only transfer pallando etc. back anyway.

0 Bears’ Meeting Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
If you cannot spot 4 companions, spot Beorn to play a Gandalf follower from your draw deck.
’I should say there were little bears, large bears, ordinary bears, and gigantic big bears, all dancing outside from dark to nearly dawn.’
H3 C 56

Fine.

1 Beorning Gandalf
Follower
In spite of the dangers of this far land bold men had of late been making their way back into it from the South...
H3 C 57

Awesome.

2 Great Bear Gandalf
Follower
H3 U 66

Think vitality damage and defender are a bit much together. Up aid or drop an ability.

Follower
If you can spot 4 companions when this follower transfers, exert each companion.
Bearer gains terror 1 and each time they are assigned to a skirmish you may reinforce a Free Peoples token.
H3 R 55

Drop the strength or vitality or up to 3, but good card.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
I’ve actually now changed the concept of the Bloodlines card to fit in with this strategy, so I think I’ll post it again before moving onto the real deal:

Condition • Support Area
H3 U
MUCH better.

0 Bears’ Meeting Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
H3 C 56
I think it could be gandalf companion.

1 Beorning Gandalf
Follower
H3 C 57
cooilo!

2 Great Bear Gandalf
Follower
H3 U 66
now, why is a vitality bonus on a follower any good? I have always wondered this

Follower
H3 R 55

snazzy.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards