LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
NBarden
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:54 pm
--- description ---
The power of Mirror Entity with a bunch of cheap guys. Namely, elementals.
--- end description ---

Mana Base:

Smokebraider x 4

Vivid Crag x 4
Mountain x 16

Creatures:

1-drops

Flamekin Bladewhirl x 4
Flamekin Brawler x 4
Flamekin Harbinger x 4

2-drops

Shapesharer x 2
Soulbright Flamekin x 4

3-drops

Mirror Entity x 4
Incandescent Soulstoke x 4

4-drops

Changeling Berserker x 2
Ceaseless Searblades x 2

5-drops

Changeling Hero x 3
Changeling Titan x 3

The point of this deck is simple Smokebraider abuse. Thanks to changeling, your Changelings are Elementals and can thus be abused as such. Ceaseless Searblades gets huge with activating abilities, in the meantime, your Mirror Entity, conveniently grabbed by your Harbinger, can spend a lot of mana to make your creatures huge. But the awesome part of it is that you can tap your Smokebraiders for his ability, because it is an activated ability of an elemental. Most of your creatures are cheap, so you can throw them in play instantly. Convert them to giants with however much mana you have laying around and go on the offense. Once you get enough creatures, there shouldn’t be much left.

I love Flamekin Harbinger!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by NBarden on Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:48 pm
No reviews? Shocked
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
NBarden
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:09 pm
F_M is abandoning me!
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:38 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I liked the idea. The greatest part you missed is that you can activate the Entity’s ability for 1 mana, making everyone 1/1, a TON of times, getting the Searblades HUGE! I like Inner-Flame Accolyte in elemental decks, he’s so fast! Also, with Vivid lands and such, I think you could support a small splash for Changeling Titan and Changeling Hero. Not to mention you could also add in Treefolk Harbinger (in the palce of Brawler), and Changeling Hero. Oh, Soulbright something is cool as well, since your creatures have size, but lack evasion, not to mention he makes more mana for you faster. I’d also drop the Soulstoke in this deck, perhaps in favor of Ashling the Pilgrim.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:14 pm
Wouldn’t using Mirror Entity’s ability over and over reset his p/t each time?

And wouldn’t you just be better off utilizing his ability once with mega-mana? It does the same thing, right?

About the Soulstoke, I disagree. Because don’t they still trigger after Mirror Entity resets everything? Meaning that its an ADDITIONAL +1/+1 with the Mirror Entity.

I also disagree about the Changeling Titan because he’s just raw power, which ALSO gets reset by the Mirror Entity.

I do like the Changeling Hero idea. Lifelink ROCKS! I may drop the berserker for him...but I like the haste so he gets to start beating immediately with 5 power. I think I’ll drop two Berserkers and 2 Shapesharers
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:46 pm
Soulstoke is just slow. About Searblades, yeah, I somehow mistaken the ability, thinking it added counters. So you can lose him, as well. Changeling Titan gives you other ways to win, since Mirror Entity is a removal magnet, and one that WILL draw removal on sight, rest asured. With Flamebright, Titan has trample, Changeling Hero can gain trample, etc.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:51 pm
Removal magnet meaning that someone’s gonna take it out via direct damage, Oblivion Ring, etc? Okay, makes sense.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:02 pm
To stop Mirror Entity? Heck, they’ll try anything! Nameless Inversion, Terror, Shriekmaw, Slaughter Pact, Sudden Shock, Shock, Incinerate, Tarfire, Lash Out, Rift Bolt, Pithing Needle, heck, Trickbind will do! Laughing
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:23 pm
Wait, doesn’t Trickbind say that mana abilities can’t be countered? Also, it IS Lorwyn Block.

I’m thinking of something that’ll give it shroud...would adding Scion of Oona work? Or Protective Bubble?
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:16 pm
mana ability is an ability that generates mana, Mirror Entity’s fair game.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats