LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:24 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2Haldir, Captain of Lórien Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Archer. Hunter 1.
Skirmish: Exert Haldir to make a minion skirmishing an Elven companion strength -1 (or -3 if you can spot Celeborn of Galadriel).
”’You cannot go back….’”

His strength NEEDS to be 5 and then he needs a spotting requirement - A 2/7/3/6 archer companion with an ability like that is just far too good.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1 Bow of Lórien Elven
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be an Elven Elf. Bearer gains hunter 1.
Archery: Remove 3 Elven tokens to make the fellowship archery total +1 (or +2 if you can spot a roaming minion).
”’None of the Orcs will ever return out of Lórien.’”

Very interesting, though I think the brackets might make it too good.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2 We Cannot Risk Battle Elven
Event • Skirmish
Make a minion skirmishing an Elven Elf strength -1 for each card in a Shadow player’s hand. That Shadow player may remove a burden or a threat to prevent this.
”’The three of us could not challenge a hundred….’”

Good card! GP

Cards above were pretty good as well, except for the thesaurus subtitles of Arwen and Celeborn! Laughing

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:02 pm
Edited. Thanks! GP
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:30 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Thanks for the reviews! Thumbs Up

Companion • Elf
Strength: 5
Archer. Hunter 1.
Skirmish: Exert Haldir to make a minion skirmishing an Elven companion strength -1 (or -2 if you can spot Celeborn or Galadriel).
”’You cannot go back….’”
up strength to 6. make a haldir someone woudl use Wink

1 Bow of Lórien Elven
Archery: Remove 3 Elven tokens to make the fellowship archery total +1 (or +2 if you can spot a roaming minion).
cool!

Event • Skirmish
Make a minion skirmishing an Elven Elf strength -1 for each card in a Shadow player’s hand. That Shadow player may remove a burden or a threat to prevent this.

cool, cut cost to 1 though
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:35 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2Arwen, Likeness of Lúthien Elven
Companion • Elf
While you can spot 3 Elves, the twilight cost of each Elven condition is -1 (or -2 if you can spot 4 or more Shadow conditions).
””So it was that Frodo saw her whom few mortals had yet seen; Arwen, daughter of Elrond….”

Cool, OP ability but seeing as she lacks everything else and you would choose other Arwens over her, it balances out nicely.

2Celeborn, Lord of Lórien Elven
Companion • Elf
Resistance: 7
Muster.
Maneuver: Exert Celeborn to play an Elven possession from your discard pile.
”’Here is the city of the Galadhrim where dwell the Lord Celeborn and Galadriel the Lady of Lórien.’”

Wow really good.

2 Blade of Lórien Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
Response: If bearer is about to lose a skirmish, you may discard this possession to reinforce an Elven token and make bearer gain hunter 3.
”’You cannot cross the rivers again, and behind you there are now secret sentinels that you cannot pass.’”

Cool.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Thanks for the reviews! Thumbs Up

Companion • Elf
Archer. Hunter 1.
Skirmish: Exert Haldir to make a minion skirmishing an Elven companion strength -1 (or -2 if you can spot Celeborn or Galadriel).
”’You cannot go back….’”

Yeah ok.

1 Bow of Lórien Elven

Drop the +2 bit or its too good for 1. Its darn good as it is.

Event • Skirmish

Ooof, maybe cost 3 how good that could be.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:51 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Elf
Archer. Hunter 1.
”’You cannot go back….’”

Agree with Thran: give him a spotting requirement, or make the archer conditional.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1 Bow of Lórien Elven

I love it, but I have to side with others: drop the part in parenthesis.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Event • Skirmish

I think that’s okay, actually. MAYBE cap it at -5 or something.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:21 pm
Thanks, guys! Thumbs Up

2Sweet Nimrodel! Elven
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play an Elven artifact or companion, you may add an Elven token here.
Maneuver: Remove 3 tokens from here to replace the fellowship’s current site with a site from your adventure deck.
”It seemed to him that he would never hear again a running water so beautiful, for ever blending its innumerable notes in an endless changeful music.”

1 Their Leaves Fall Not Elven
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot an Elven Elf.
Response: If another Elven condition is about to be discarded by a Shadow player, exert an Elven Elf to discard this condition instead.
”’There are no trees like the trees of that land.’”

1Forgetfulness of Grief Elven
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Elven Elves.
Response: If a companion is killed, you may discard this condition to heal 2 companions and remove a burden.
”’…it is said that the water is healing to the weary.’”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:39 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2 Sweet Nimrodel! Elven
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play an Elven artifact or companion, you may add an Elven token here.
Maneuver: Remove 3 tokens from here to replace the fellowship’s current site with a site from your adventure deck.
”It seemed to him that he would never hear again a running water so beautiful, for ever blending its innumerable notes in an endless changeful music.”

I’d change it so that you can only put out forest or river sites - otherwise it may well be too good. And, because of the huge number of tokens you can accumulate on it, it should probably be unique.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Response: If another Elven condition is about to be discarded by a Shadow player, exert an Elf to discard this condition instead.

A little bit of a weird wording.

’If another Elven condition is about to be discarded by a Shadow CARD, exert an Elf to prevent it. Discard this condition.’

I think that works better. Also, it needs a minor ability as well or it will never be used in a deck - I’d rather just put in another copy of said condition.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a companion is killed, you may discard this condition to heal 2 companions and remove a burden.

I think it could probably be free, but interesting. However, this is the sort of card that would probably benefit from a permanent minor ability like the card above.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:54 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Thanks, guys! Thumbs Up

2 Sweet Nimrodel! Elven
Condition • Support Area
make it remove 2 tokens

Condition • Support Area
Response: If another Elven condition is about to be discarded by a Shadow player, exert an Elf to discard this condition instead.
cut cost to 0

Condition • Support Area

cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:07 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Thanks, guys! Thumbs Up

2 Sweet Nimrodel! Elven
Condition • Support Area

Thran is right needs unique, but id leave it at 3 tokens.

Condition • Support Area

Exert an Elven elf or did you mean ti to work with mirkwood elves? This is a sweet card, maybe make it cost 0 as its an extra card to prevent just 1 card discarding.

Condition • Support Area

Drop to 1 companion or up cost to 2.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:17 pm
Thanks for the reviews, and Happy Thanksgiving to you! Very Happy Yep, that stuffing sure was good. And the gravy on the turkey... Drool The coleslaw was great, too.

To kick off the 4-day weekend (for most of us), let’s take a last look at Lórien (for now, anyway Thumbs Up).

1Galadriel, Queen of Lórien Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 3
Muster.
Skirmish: Exert Galadriel to play an Elven artifact from your draw deck on an Elven Elf skirmishing a minion.
”They were clad wholly in white; and the hair of the Lady was of deep gold….”

1 Well-protected Borders Elven
Event • Maneuver
Spot an Elven Elf to make a roaming minion strength –2 until the regroup phase (or -1 for each burden you can spot).
”’…there will be many Elves hidden on the northern border before another night falls.’”

3 Hidden Sentinels Elven
Event • Archery
Exert 2 Elven Elves to make the fellowship archery total +2 (or +3 if you can spot a roaming minion).
”’…we went ahead and spoke with feigned voices, leading them on into the wood.’”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:49 pm; edited 3 times in totalI had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards